US Promote and advertise the 2015 19 TC!

Pizza

2014, 2015, & 2018 TC Champ
Founder
The community has managed to raise an astonishing $7,000+ prize pool for the Twink Cup. Now it's important that we raise the level of awareness of the tournament. We need to promote and advertise the community to make the tournament as large as we can. For everyone who doesn't have the disposable income to throw into the prize pool, this is how you can contribute and help make the Twink Cup the largest and most competitive tournament it can possibly be. As a community, we need to come together and all do our part. The Twink Cup will be as great as we make it.

There are many different ways you can help promote the Twink Cup:

1) Keep community threads bumped:

Official WoW Forum threads:
19 Twink Cup Round 2! $7,000+ Prize Pool!
#TwinkCup Rules/Regulations/Sign ups!

MMO-Champion:
19 Twink Cup - $7,000+ Prize Pool!

AJ:
19 Twink WSG Tournament [July 31st - Aug 2nd]

Official TI Thread:
2015 Twink Cup Discussion, Planning, Indiegogo

2) Advertise in Trade on your server:

Code:
Level 19 Twink Tournament with a $7,000+ prize pool happening in July! The Twink Cup is a tournament between the best Twink, RBG, and R1 teams in WSG. Google "2015 19 Twink Cup" for more info!

3) Tweet about it:

Twink Cup Twitter

4) Tell your friends, guildies, and twinks in other brackets.

Will update this thread with additional ways to promote and advertise the Twink Cup as time goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can [MENTION=11761]Hunnybuns19[/MENTION] please post the current rules on the official forum thread? It's really not good advertising if you say "Google it" or "look on this post on some other website"

Can [MENTION=11761]Hunnybuns19[/MENTION] please post the current rules on the official forum thread? It's really not good advertising if you say "Google it" or "look on this post on some other website"
This, can't promote something you don't know anything about. Like the morons on McShit trying to sell me stuff at Taco Bell, not going to work.

Sooo what we are saying is, MAKE RULES AND PUT IT ON 1 THREAD SO WE DON'T HAVE TO SAY "GOOGLE IT."

[MENTION=18399]Myrm[/MENTION]
There won't be a definitive full set of rules until the sign up thread is posted, but rules that are definitely going to be implemented are a 2 class limit, 2 stealth limit, and 1 arms warrior limit.

Can Hunnybuns19 please post the current rules on the official forum thread? It's really not good advertising if you say "Google it" or "look on this post on some other website"

The issue with referring people to Twinkinfo.com through trade chat spamming is that our site promotes account trading / selling and many other violations of Blizzards terms of use.

Best to not directly spam it in trade all day long.

Also, there are many bonuses to saying "google _____". it's easier to remember key phrases over website urls. This is a similar theory as to why several banks do not use passwords, but passcodes and pass phrases. In addition to that, everyone has google and uses it dozens of times a day. Googling something is second nature. Adding to that, being able to google something and having it pop up immediately helps relay the message that there are many people interested in this tournament... For it to show up in google searches, it has to be pretty popular and chances are it helps to build the impression of legitimacy. Do we need a formal display of rules for the tourney? Yes and there will be one. If people are interested in this tournament, the recruiter should be answering their questions as well as directing them towards twinkinfo. It's about getting these people immersed in our community. if they want to win, they need to be anyways.

Everyone should be spamming. I will not be in this tournament as I'll be away on Warped Tour all summer. With that being said, I've always been about doing what's right for twinking and this is a huge opportunity for exposure and recruiting more members to join our community. Through spamming in trade chat alone, you are helping to build the impression that 19 twinking is serious, still exists, and is present on the server that you're spamming on. I get a lot of whispers asking "wow 19s still exist?" and "You mean gold right...?" And once they hear that we're talking about USD and that 19s still exist and have existed, they are immediately interested in 19 twinking, even if it's about the money or the love of twinking, it's about the greater good for the community and it benefits us the same.

With this kind of "prize". I would suggest someone write some formal rules as well as how and when the prize is going to distributed. Some impartial judges should be declared as well. These rules should be written from an outside source. If it gets over $10,000 the board that is controlling the prize money should consider hiring it out as you start getting into tax issues as well.
Just a small bit of "free" advice that could save a lot of headache in the future.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue with referring people to Twinkinfo.com through trade chat spamming is that our site promotes account trading / selling and many other violations of Blizzards terms of use.

Best to not directly spam it in trade all day long.

Also, there are many bonuses to saying "google _____". it's easier to remember key phrases over website urls. This is a similar theory as to why several banks do not use passwords, but passcodes and pass phrases. In addition to that, everyone has google and uses it dozens of times a day. Googling something is second nature. Adding to that, being able to google something and having it pop up immediately helps relay the message that there are many people interested in this tournament... For it to show up in google searches, it has to be pretty popular and chances are it helps to build the impression of legitimacy. Do we need a formal display of rules for the tourney? Yes and there will be one. If people are interested in this tournament, the recruiter should be answering their questions as well as directing them towards twinkinfo. It's about getting these people immersed in our community. if they want to win, they need to be anyways.

Everyone should be spamming. I will not be in this tournament as I'll be away on Warped Tour all summer. With that being said, I've always been about doing what's right for twinking and this is a huge opportunity for exposure and recruiting more members to join our community. Through spamming in trade chat alone, you are helping to build the impression that 19 twinking is serious, still exists, and is present on the server that you're spamming on. I get a lot of whispers asking "wow 19s still exist?" and "You mean gold right...?" And once they hear that we're talking about USD and that 19s still exist and have existed, they are immediately interested in 19 twinking, even if it's about the money or the love of twinking, it's about the greater good for the community and it benefits us the same.

i think itd just be nice to have the rules in our official forum post so if they google it theres some strong information on the official wow forums not a kinda vague 40+ page post on some random website (people have asked me is they were going to get viruses ect from TI lmao)

and now that the post is updated [MENTION=11761]Hunnybuns19[/MENTION] can copy/paste it into his thread :)

Everyone should be spamming. I will not be in this tournament as I'll be away on Warped Tour all summer.

Hey Mocha, slightly off topic but what are you doing on/for Warped Tour this summer?

I've started to see a lot more players promoting the Twink Cup in Trade. It's awesome seeing the community working together to promote the Twink Cup.

I've started to see a lot more players promoting the Twink Cup in Trade. It's awesome seeing the community working together to promote the Twink Cup.
if you have alts on high pop pvp servers other than BH pop over there and hit that twink cup macro a few times

I currently advertise on kel and malganis. I know people have tich, if anybody could manage illidan that'd be great!

I've got Barthilas, Frostmourne, Jubei'Thos and Saurfang posted! Really looking forward to watching this :)

The bracket is becoming more active each week. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread