EU+US project: epic

Light

vet
i have a somewhat simple theory that has done pretty well for me..

in hearthstone, your chance of getting a legendary card drastically drops after you get a legendary card from a pack, my assumption is that blizzard has a somewhat similar feature in wow, so i stagger important quests with a lot of filler quests inbetween, ontop of that ill hold a main quest for 4 weeks or so before i hand in.

i cant exactly prove this, but it worked for like 4 pieces of BOP epic gear, 3 of which went from green>epi
credit: @saxxon

I created this toon friday (7/19/2019) Deputylight
I went ahead and secured my first epic. Discontinuer Hammer before doing anything else.
After, I did all dungeon quests as "filler quests" available to 20s via dungeon finder(all except the final ones with quest rewards)
This will be the first test. This will test the kind of filler quest (quest reward or not) AND the amount of filler quests).
All I have to do now is wait 4 weeks. And I will turn in the stockade quest for the results.
Even if it procs, I will continue to do further testing.
But if we can guarantee an epic from a dungeon quest after doing ALL dungeon quests. Thats good enough for most.
I will update this accordingly.

If I am able to replicate it; It will be guaranteed and proven.

Last edited:
I will save u some time with it: if u dont get a piece of equip from quest - it doesnt count for "bad luck protection";
Afaik there is no certain amount of fillers - from char to char it was varying from 20 quests to get green->epic grade, to 40 quests to get green->rare, so u can significantly increase the chance of getting an upgrade, but can not secure it 100% of the time, unless may be u will do ALL available quests but i gave up on that.

Also this 4 week w8ing thing makes no sense to me, what's the idea behind this.

theres no time to be saved or wasted or w/e
im just playing WoW like normal I already got all bis pieces no epics can upgrade my toon. its just for testing
when it comes, it comes. shrug emoji

How did you secured your first epic ? Rerolled again and again till you got your epic Hammer ?
pretty much. I just needed a base to start working with. A starting point because after you get an epic (supposedly) your chances drop dramatic.
that its the only BiS epic on a shaman you need to really get

But if we can guarantee an epic from a dungeon quest after doing ALL dungeon quests.

Im in my third week and today im gonna do ALL quests that dont give quest rewards
This includes all starting zone quests
So you will give ALL dungeon quest + world quest without rewards ? At lvl 20 its like how much available ?

I dont think it can even be argued that Slither-scale isnt BIS for Shamans.

I mean, of course you could minimax your intellect/stamina/versatility/x and get higher <stat> from other sources, but you'd be sacrificing a TON of primary & secondary stats to achieve said goal. It really isnt practical

I dont think it can even be argued that Slither-scale isnt BIS for Shamans.

Slither is def worth using but you could argue which mh/oh and bracers/rings are bis and his are not except for rings which is still arguable

Users who are viewing this thread