EU+US Professions?

Imnotabelf

Legend
Hey quick question,

I know for a while that professions got reset upon completing quests that rewarded skill up points for that profession (i.e.: Pilgrim's Bounty cooking dailies, DMF profession quests, etc.). Is this still a problem now? If I wanted to try for the fishing pole (Main City fishing daily) and have 375 fishing but I am F2P will it be reset to 100?

Hey quick question,

I know for a while that professions got reset upon completing quests that rewarded skill up points for that profession (i.e.: Pilgrim's Bounty cooking dailies, DMF profession quests, etc.). Is this still a problem now? If I wanted to try for the fishing pole (Main City fishing daily) and have 375 fishing but I am F2P will it be reset to 100?
Yes. I'm fairly certain u will drop to 100.

did some daily on one f2p with 120 fishing. it did not reset.
Now no one will give you 100% sure answer but if you are a vet - go for it.
always can re level with active time.

They always reset.just some faster than others. In 1 toon it got insta reset, in other after 5 weeks

i thought the reset only occurred if you have empty points to fill in with the profession skill up reward.

my impression is, correct me if I'm wrong:
450/450 Fishing on a f2p wouldn't result in a reset because there are actually no points to gain, as you are maxed out.
449/450 Fishing for f2p would reset because there is room for gains.

Last edited:
I thought the reset only occurred if you have empty points to fill in with the profession skill up reward.

My Impression (Correct me if I'm wrong):
450/450 Fishing on a F2P wouldn't result in a reset because there are actually no points to gain, as you are maxed out.
449/450 Fishing for F2P would reset because there is room for gains.
That is only correct for normal fishing. So long as you are maxed out, say 150, 225, 300, 450 etc, you can fish all you want normally and you won't reset your profession.

But even if you are max'd out at 450, the moment you do a daily or DMF fishing quest you will drop to 100. Same goes for cooking.

So you need to stay away from the dailies but normal fishing is fine.;)

Hi guys. I am vet, and I have Cooking at 525/525 and Fishing at 498/525. I have done (and I am still doing) all the Main City dialies (fishing and cooking) and it did never reset to 100. ¿Where is the problem here?

I still havent tried ''Pilgrim's Bounty cooking dailies'' but I dont have any problem with ''DMF profession quests'' (I have done fishing, cooking, first aid, engineering and alchemist quests, and nothing happens. Never reset)

(and icehawk, I would be pleased if you could add me to battlenet -> minikornio#2989)

Hi guys. I am vet, and I have Cooking at 525/525 and Fishing at 498/525. I have done (and I am still doing) all the Main City dialies (fishing and cooking) and it did never reset to 100. ¿Where is the problem here?

I still havent tried ''Pilgrim's Bounty cooking dailies'' but I dont have any problem with ''DMF profession quests'' (I have done fishing, cooking, first aid, engineering and alchemist quests, and nothing happens. Never reset)

(and icehawk, I would be pleased if you could add me to battlenet -> minikornio#2989)
Has you sub expired or do you still have game time? I am very suprised if your sub has expired and you can do those dailies and not have your professions reset. I wouldn't expect Blizz to fix that. I'm also too scared to try as I've lost professions before that way and had them reset to 100!

And no worries @Kórnikus20 I'll add you when I'm next on. If ur on first feel free to add me Icehawk#1308 ;)

Has you sub expired or do you still have game time? I am very suprised if your sub has expired and you can do those dailies and not have your professions reset. I wouldn't expect Blizz to fix that. I'm also too scared to try as I've lost professions before that way and had them reset to 100!

And no worries @Kórnikus20 I'll add you when I'm next on. If ur on first feel free to add me Icehawk#1308 ;)

I'll test this on my druid (since he has only 150-ish fishing).

Tested it and nothing has happened yet. I have logged out and logged back in as well and still no changes. Will check back tomorrow to see if it happens.

Until then... Back to fishing for the Bobber: Crate of Worms...

Users who are viewing this thread