Professions

Ive always been kinda sad that twinks didnt get much use out of professions. Thats why I loved 29s, there were sick engi items and all that kinda stuff, even more at higher levels. So one of the things I like about this bracket is that almost every prof is viable in different ways

Gathering

on a f2p acct these cap at 100, meaning you cant get higher than rank 1 of the passive bonus

Skinning: [6/10]

Rank 1 Master of Anatomy gives 3 crit rating...not bad but nothing special. This is pretty much universal for gathering profs.

Herb [5/10]

Rank 1 Lifeblood heals for ~80 and gives 5 haste for 20 sec. pretty solid but nothing great.

Mining [6/10]

+3 stamina, **** yeah

Trade Profs

Engi [8/10]

arguably the best final prof IF you will make and use the consumables. i tend to be lazy/forget about that, so sometimes its not the best.

Rough Copper Bomb - Item - World of Warcraft damage is meh but with these and Wind Shear I can troll casters everywhere

Crude Scope - Item - World of Warcraft essential for hunters/any ranged weapon, only requirs engi to make it

EZ-Thro Dynamite - Spell - World of Warcraft nice lil AoE damage, you dont need engi to use em either, just to make them

Small Seaforium Charge - Spell - World of Warcraft for those goddamn chests in SFK

Enchanting: [10/10]

useful for enchanting your gear, obviously. lots of people overlook Minor Wizard Oil - Item - World of Warcraft im crafting tons and tons of them on my Enh sham (anyone know if theyll work with Flametongue Weapon?)

BS [7/10]

Coarse Sharpening Stone - Spell - World of Warcraft again you only need BS to make them, not use them

Coarse Weightstone - Spell - World of Warcraft see above

Silver Skeleton Key - Spell - World of Warcraft opening locked chests derp

Thick Bronze Darts - Spell - World of Warcraft

Inscription [OMGlyphs/10]

Not bad but its pretty meh. Scrolls that give +5 to one stat. Mystic Tome - Spell - World of Warcraft is a good caster OH, especially seeing as we cant get furbolg pouch

Alchemy [8/10]

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53042 is pretty awesome, especially with health/mana pots. I wont like all the pots here, just check http://www.wowhead.com/skill=171 on wowhead. Making any of the potions pretty much means your profs HAVE to be Alch/Herb...a pretty good combination for any char, but again it means you need to make full use of it, herbing and actively making pots because you go through them FAST

LW [8/10]

This should be the first prof any f2p twink takes, paired with Skinning. Make a stack or 2 of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=2165 before you drop it. You can also save all the greens you craft to level it, then DE them with enchanting when you need to level THAT (usually you should drop LW for Enchanting on a new toon anyway). None of the gear you craft is anything special

Tailoring [1/10]

Uh..shirts and 8 slot bags. Skip it, use any cloth you have on First Aid

Jewelcrafting [6/10]

Lots of good options here. Again you can use most of em after dropping JC.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=21933 max stam neck? idk

http://www.wowhead.com/item=30419 best balanced neck piece for most classes

http://www.wowhead.com/item=20826 completely random ring...it could be maybe possibly kinda useful if you make a shitload of em, or have good luck. There are equal or better rings

http://www.wowhead.com/item=25880 heals ~15 health a second for 15 seconds plus it looks pretty cool. Not too shabby. Plus on a Sham it sits near your totems and is targetable/killable, so theres potential to mess with people trying to manage your totems

Fishing you can get LFH. First Aid is always helpful, I assume it caps at 100 but idk. Cooking you get a cute campfire and +6 stam/sp for 15min.

this may need a bit of editing, ill do it tomorrow

Nice post. I used to rock jewelcrafting on my 19 rogue for a bit. Thing is nobody knows if that statue is healing for a lot so most people just ignore it but if you can get some distance it can heal you up a decent amount for quick place down item.

Health and mana pots made by alchemy aren't the best at this level, so aren't really worth making. What makes alchemy worth keeping is mixology which adds strength/agility etc. than if you simply made the pots and dumped alchemy.

Tailoring also lets you make some blue overalls, which are good for RP fishing etc.

Aradiel said:
Health and mana pots made by alchemy aren't the best at this level, so aren't really worth making.

They can save your life and others even if they are not the best, i have to admit that.

What makes alchemy worth keeping is mixology which adds strength/agility etc. than if you simply made the pots and dumped alchemy.

So you make a couple of pots and put them in your bank and you will never run out? What do you suggest, dumping the other profession again and start all over making pots when they are all gone?

Tailoring also lets you make some blue overalls, which are good for RP fishing etc.

Yup defo worth to drop Alchemy for :)

Alchemy just has the most benefits but it takes some effort to maintain :D

I made a shitload of BS stones, and then dumped BS for Alc. Which is why I suggested that keeping alc endgame was better because of mixology. There is no advantage to keeping chanting or BS once the oil and stones are made.

I have two stacks of the best health pots which are sold in limited supply by various vendors. The ones you can make with 100 alc are junk in comparison.

Obviously with tailoring you would make the overalls, if you wanted them, and then dump it. There is no advantage to keeping tailoring endgame. At no point did I suggest dumping alc, infact, considering some of the recipes are rare drops, you probably don't want to have to farm them up again.

Most alcs would also go with herbing, although dumping that to temporarily make more oil from chanting, and redoing herbing wouldn't be that difficult.

Eventually you get your boa caster weapon, should be your first boa priority, then you cant use wizard oil anymore. But anyways 6 intel pots > wizard oil. So make oils and stack them and use till you have your boa weapon, ditch enchanting after you made the needed scrolls. In the end when you are all BiS, Herbs/Alch the best way to go for a caster and many other classes. /thread :D

leotseddap said:
Eventually you get your boa caster weapon, should be your first boa priority, then you cant use wizard oil anymore. But anyways 6 intel pots > wizard oil. So make oils and stack them and use till you have your boa weapon, ditch enchanting after you made the needed scrolls. In the end when you are all BiS, Herbs/Alch the best way to go for a caster and many other classes. /thread :D

u can use wizard oil and sharpening stones on boa weps now.

Note on Alchemy Battle Elixirs. Your only option from trainers is Lion's Strength. The two better ones, Agility and Giant Growth, are world drops and you may never see them...and if you do, you'd probably not want to drop the prof.

Another observation here: only melee will see a benefit from Battle Elixirs...

Summary

Here's a summary list that hopefully helps. I didn't bother with the green gear, but some might find them appealing. I also included some PvE items.

HERBALISM (Tauren have +15 racial, but it provides no benefits):

MINING:
SKINNING:

ENCHANTING (Blood Elfs have +10 racial):

Enchant 2H Weapon - Minor Impact - Spell - World of Warcraft (+2 damage, blue glow)

Enchant 2H Weapon - Lesser Spirit - Spell - World of Warcraft (+3 spirit, white glow, Blood Elf only)

Enchant 2H Weapon - Lesser Intellect - Spell - World of Warcraft (+3 intellect, yellow glow)

Enchant Weapon - Minor Striking - Spell - World of Warcraft (+1 damage, cloudy red glow)

Enchant Chest - Lesser Mana - Spell - World of Warcraft (Horde only, +20 mana))

Enchant Chest - Minor Mana - Spell - World of Warcraft (+5 mana)*

Enchant Chest - Lesser Health - Spell - World of Warcraft (+15 health)

Enchant Bracer - Minor Strength - Spell - World of Warcraft (+1 strength)*

Enchant Bracer - Minor Agility - Spell - World of Warcraft (+1 agility)

Enchant Bracer - Minor Stamina - Spell - World of Warcraft (+1 stamina)

Enchant Bracer - Minor Spirit - Spell - World of Warcraft (+1 spirit)*

Enchant Cloak - Minor Protection - Spell - World of Warcraft (+10 armor)

Enchant Cloak - Minor Agility - Spell - World of Warcraft (+1 agility, Blood Elf only)*

Enchant Shield - Minor Stamina - Spell - World of Warcraft (+1 stamina, Blood Elf only)

Minor Wizard Oil - Spell - World of Warcraft (+7 intellect)​

BLACKSMITHING:

ALCHEMY (Goblines have +15 racial):

Mixology - Spell - World of Warcraft **

Potions:

Battle Elixirs:

Guardian Elixirs:

ENGINEERING (Gnomes have +15 racial):

JEWELCRAFTING (Draenei have +5 racial, but it provides no benefit):

LEATHERWORKING:

Medium Armor Kit - Spell - World of Warcraft (+16 armor to chest, legs, hands, feet)

(Note: If you plan on power-leveling Leatherworking: for 40 armor kits, you need to stock up approx 190 Light Leather and 160 Medium Leather)​

*World drop. Considering that we can't use the AH, you may never see the recipe you're looking for. If you do luck out and it's of particular importance to you, dropping the profession would definately take a second thought.

**Must have the profession to use

lolItsMutank said:

true. my f2p belf hunter got up to 110 'chanting. i considered getting the agi cloak chant, but it needed the silver rod. i didn't want to max lvl blacksmithing just to make a silver rod, so i decided it wasn't worth the trouble to get +1 agi instead of the easy +10 armor on my cloaks. i had already collected the required astral essences from disenchanting greens, but just vendored them.

for a shield user, the +1 stam to shield is cute. i started a belf pally, and plan to learn bs to make the silver rod and use bs greens as levelling gear. the +3 spirit to weapon could rock for a caster, but only for casters who prefer to equip a 2h weapon.

racial profession bonuses can add a couple more items:

draenei can make [item]Heavy Jade Ring[/item] with the extra +5 jewelcrafting skill.

gnomes can make [item]Bronze Tube[/item], [item]Deadly Blunderbuss[/item], [item]Standard Scope[/item], and the very cool [item]Large Copper Bomb[/item]. That bomb has twice the damage and a 5-yard radius instead of the 3-yard radius of the [item]Rough Copper Bomb[/item].

Giant growth is a zone drop from north or south Barrens. Definitely farmable. With mixology you get 13 strength, and are also larger than a non alc using it, pointless but amusing.

BEs do get to 110 chanting. You can disregard everything leotseddap posted.

Aradiel said:
Giant growth is a zone drop from north or south Barrens. Definitely farmable. With mixology you get 13 strength, and are also larger than a non alc using it, pointless but amusing.

BEs do get to 110 chanting. You can disregard everything leotseddap posted.

Have you tested BEs being able to get 110 chanting?

yes, i have tested it. he is telling the truth. it also applies to all other racial profession bonuses, just as mighty posted.

Yes, a BE paladin. The same applies to Tauren herbalism etc. Not that extra herbalism really does anything useful.

Users who are viewing this thread