50-59 Profession Guide

Which profession do you find most usful at 59?

• Engineering

• Alchemy

• Tailoring

• Other (please mention below!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

jwl

FC - Pagle
Introduction

As of late, multiple players have been wondering which professions are considered "Best-in-Slot" for 59 twinks. I am going to give my credible opinion on this matter, and try to break things down to the best of my ability. Lets get started.

Table of Contents

1)
which professions are worth discussing, and what do they bring to the table?
2) Required materials to level these professions
3) Conclusion

1) Which Professions are worth discussing, and what do they bring to the table?

This is a question I am frequently asked, and quite frankly, there is no single profession that I consider the best, but these are the ones I consider high tier for our bracket.

1.1: Engineering

For obvious reasons, engineering is worth mentioning. It has (and always will be) the go-to skill for twinks, regardless of the level you play at. Lets get into the specific advantages it has in our bracket.
1. Tinkers - At level 58, Players are capable of learning engineering schematics known as tinkers. These are modifications that are placed on either your belt or cloak that give you in-combat advantages over other players. A few of the stronger ones are:

Flexweave Underlay
Nitro Boost
Frag Belt

2. Engineering Gear - As the majority of you should know, gear is one of the major attractions of being an engineer. Some of the gear available are:

Noise Machine
Sonic Booster

Goblin Rocket Launcher
Rocket boots Xtreme
Rocket Boots Xtreme Lite
Gyrofreeze Ice Reflector
Hyper Radiant Flame Reflector

Ultra Flash Shadow Reflector

3. Bombs - Of course we are discussing bombs! Bombs have been very underrated in previous expansions, but they are finally getting a little bit of recognition in BFA. Bombs are utility tools that vary depending on the ones you use. Some of my personal favorites are:

Explosive Decoy
Cobalt Frag Bomb
Arcane Bomb
1.2: Inscription

Inscription is another great professions to learn for your 59 twink. Where it does not have as many attractions as engineering, the few they have do compensate for what you may miss out on! Below is a quick summary of what Scribes bring to the table.
1. Scrolls - Scrolls are minor buffs that enhance your characters stat sheet. They do count as elixirs, so you wont be able to use both simultaneously. A few of the stronger ones are:

Scroll of Agility v
Scroll of Intellect v
Scroll of Strength v

Shoulder Enchants - The real perk of learning inscription at 59 is the shoulder enchants. These enchants are arguably BIS and much easier to come across than ones that require the trade glitch. Below is a link to the obtainable enchants:

Inscription of the Axe
Inscription of the Storm
Inscription of the Crag
Inscription of the Pinnacle

1.3: Alchemy:

Alchemy has always been high-in-demand, and in my opinion, is one of the best ways to currently earn gold. I think Alchemist are at a severe advantage right now, for no reason other than some of the consumables they conjure are downright overpowered.
1. Consumables - Consumables are exactly what they sound like; items you consume. Alchemist can craft multiple types of consumables, examples being potions, flasks, and elixirs. Here are some that I consider note-worthy:

Insane Strength Potion
Elixir of Healing Power
Elixir of Major Agility

Swiftness Potion
Lesser Invisibility Potion

2. Alchemist's flask - Such a nice perk of alchemy is the alchemist's flask buff. Alchemist's flask is a bottomless flask that gives 10+ strength, agility or intellect for 2 hours.

Achemists Flask

1.4: Tailoring

Personally, I find tailoring to be the most useful profession in this bracket. I can not stress enough, how powerful tailoring is in the right hands, or how often it saves my life in battlegrounds. For those of you who aren't farmiliar with the benefits, allow me to briefly go over them.
1. Bandages - For those of you who play non-hybrid classes, I am sure you've been in sticky situations where a bandage would have made all the difference. Bandages are consumables that channel a heal on you over a short period. Below is a link to the strongest one usable at 59:

Heavy Netherweave Bandage

2. Nets - Where to start...Nets...These things, are extremely underutilized. Nets are consumables that allow you to lock your enemy target in place for a short period of time. They can be used as gap closers, to allow freecasting, help you escape bad situations, and more. I find them to be lifesavers, and would highly encourage more players to make use of them.

Netherweave Net
Frostweave Net

2) Required materials to level these professions

2.1 Engineering
Vanilla Engineering (1-300)

60 x Rough Stone
36 x Copper Bar
20 x Coarse Stone
20 x Linen Cloth
107 x Bronze Bar
2 x Tigerseye
30 x Heavy Stone
60 x Wool Cloth
15 x Medium Leather
4 x Steel Bar
120 x Solid Stone
161 x Mithril Bar
20 x Mageweave Cloth
40 x Dense Stone
195 x Thorium Bar
25 x Runecloth

Outland Engineering (1-75)

294 x Fel Iron Bar
20 x Mote of Earth
10 x Mote of Fire
34 x Primal Earth
6 x Primal Fire
35 Netherweave Cloth
184 x Adamantite Bar
6 x Khorium Bar

Northrend Engineering (1-75)

260 x Cobalt Bar
10 x Crystallized Earth
35 x Crystallized Water
10 x Borean Leather
350 x Saronite Bar
5 x Eternal Shadow

2.2 Inscription
Vanilla Inscription (1-300)

180 Alabaster Pigment
160 Dusky Pigment
260 Golden Pigment
140 Violet Pigment
180 Silvery Pigment

Northrend Inscription (1-75)

214 Azure Pigment

2.3 Alchemy
Vanilla Alchemy (1-300)

59 x Peacebloom
59 x Silverleaf
90 x Briarthorn
20 x Mageroyal
30 x Bruiseweed
45 x Stranglekelp
20 x Liferoot
30 x Kingsblood
30 x Goldthorn
10 x Wild Steelbloom
25 x Sungrass
35 x Khadgar's Whisker
10 x Blindweed
40 x Gromsblood
40 x Sorrowmoss
15 x Dreamfoil
28 x Golden Sansam
14 x Mountain Silversage
10 x Icecap

Outland Alchemy (1-75)

44 x Felweed
14 x Golden Sansam / 14 x Dreamfoil / 14 x Mountain Silversage (you only need 14 from one)
10 x Golden Sansam
10 x Terocone
80 x Dreaming Glory
10 x Netherbloom
40 x Nightmare Vine

Northrend Alchemy (1-75)

20 x Talandra's Rose
20 x Tiger Lily
44 x Goldclover
24 x Adder's Tongue
20 x Icethorn
30 x Lichbloom
5 x Dark Jade, 5 x Huge Citrine, 5 x Eternal Fire OR 5 x Bloodstone, 5 x Chalcedony, 5 x Eternal Air
15 x Frost Lotus
105 x Lichbloom and 45 x Crystallized Life

2.4 Tailoring
Outland Tailoring (1-75)

245 Netherweave cloth

Northrend Tailoring (1-75)

200 Frostweave cloth

3) Conclusion

This is my interpretation of professions in the 59 bracket. You do not have to agree with it, and that is completely fine. I just thought it would be appropriate to make a short guide regarding professions. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread