EU+US Private Server section / XPOff server?

Mvq

2016 TC Champion
So firstly I'd like to mention that Arena Tournament and Nostalrius was respected by Blizzard, so the arguement that we wanna be respected by Blizzard is therefor not valid.

Secondly, Twink Private Servers have been a huge part of the community since pre-TBC and it still is, so the arguement that it'd ruin our community is therefor not valid.

To my point:
A PServer section would be great, for sure. But my main idea was to open an official XPOff / Twinkinfo Private Server which would work similar to how Hamcakeland was. All Donations would go towards paying the Host Fees (15$ a month) and the next Twink Cup. Stuff people would be able to buy would just be TCG stuff and Hats. (who didn't love the hat system on hamcake)
The server would be running on Wotlk. We could use your XPOff accounts to be your actual login on the server.

We would easily be able to collect over 10k$ in a year.

If we had Chap, Shamatix and all those great guys who helped get this Website up and running to work on this Server we'd have a god damn gold mine for the Twink Cup.

No one in the world can make a twink private server with numbers (damage, scaling and efficiencies) that are actually the correct ones. I did the numbers for Hamcake land, but was kicked off the project before finishing tuning a lot of them, and this was using Live twinking (WotLK live servers at the time) to try and adjust numbers accordingly.

The smallest change in just one number on one class would unbalance things in accordance to how the actual balance of WotLK was.

People without thorough experience with the numbers, abilities and spells of WotLK and Private servers at the time probably won't notice a difference, but I can tell you no one will ever make a server that's actually like WotLK was.

I've expressed this before.
That's just the biggest concern I've always had regarding it, I'm sure the owners of XPOff have other concerns.

-lindenkron

No one in the world can make a twink private server with numbers (damage, scaling and efficiencies) that are actually the correct ones. I did the numbers for Hamcake land, but was kicked off the project before finishing tuning a lot of them, and this was using Live twinking (WotLK live servers at the time) to try and adjust numbers accordingly.

The smallest change in just one number on one class would unbalance things in accordance to how the actual balance of WotLK was.

People without thorough experience with the numbers, abilities and spells of WotLK and Private servers at the time probably won't notice a difference, but I can tell you no one will ever make a server that's actually like WotLK was.

I've expressed this before.
That's just the biggest concern I've always had regarding it, I'm sure the owners of XPOff have other concerns.

-lindenkron

The numbers are documented online man.
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_power_coefficient
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Spell_power_coefficient
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_power_coefficient
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_damage

I agree with the idea of creating a Private Server for income, which will be sent to cover the upcoming Twink Cups. I just do not agree with the idea of private servers at all. You are to supposed to move on, with the game itself, from expansion to expansion. It would be a step back.
That's just my PoV though.

I agree with the idea of creating a Private Server for income, which will be sent to cover the upcoming Twink Cups. I just do not agree with the idea of private servers at all. You are to supposed to move on, with the game itself, from expansion to expansion. It would be a step back.
That's just my PoV though.

I mean you don't have to play it. You just don't enjoy it which is fine! A lot of people enjoy it a lot hence why they're still a thing 10 years later. You can't tell people what to enjoy, you know? :p

Yet using those in whatever Hamcake land was made on, didn't produce same result as LIVE WotLK at the time.

That's all I'm saying.

Reverse engineering, it'll never be like live.

Interesting, I'm guessing you had the wrong numbers on DoT calculation and Weapon Damage calculation as that'd throw everything off.

You all are expecting people to pay a cash monthly fee for people to play a game to someone that is stealing someone else's intellectual property?

Banned word "TWINK" because blizzard did not want to advertise last Twink Cups. I have an idea: Let's make private twink realm, make money on Blizzard's intellectual property and hope that Blizzard will be Ok with that.

Cos duck the logic....

i like this idea a lot but as much as i love to play a 3.3.5 version, 4.1 might be better for the majority of the community. good luck with this, i hope it happens.

Banned word "TWINK" because blizzard did not want to advertise last Twink Cups. I have an idea: Let's make private twink realm, make money on Blizzard's intellectual property and hope that Blizzard will be Ok with that.

Cos duck the logic....

We banned word Twink because Google Adsense wouldn't work otherwise.

Argueing from ignorance, smh.

Yet using those in whatever Hamcake land was made on, didn't produce same result as LIVE WotLK at the time.

That's all I'm saying.

Reverse engineering, it'll never be like live.

This is the part I hate most about wotlk twink servers. Some things like hunters are disgustingly unbalanced, why would you want it completely blizzlike? Tweak it to cater to twinks specifically, not to a non-existant endgame.

@Mvq This is a sick idea, 100% support!

Is it possible to create a server that incorporates bugged 225 mining? it gave 70 stam instead of 70 health or something like that if i remember correctly. It was actually in my opinion THE BEST time there ever was for health to damage ratios. It was fantastic.

P.S. if you made anything after wrath of the lich king the basis of the private server id just kill myself

Users who are viewing this thread