Preparing for a Post-Modern tinking Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conq

Post-Modern Era
By the people, for the people.
There has been an astonishing amount of initiative within the community these past 9 months. A large amount of people who have truthfully inspired me, and hopefully you too; thy reader. From the starting NWL production itself, to the initial XpOff creation and merge, onwards into 2.0'ing all our past achievements and taking it to the next step.
... And here we are, with the TC in the horizon - continuously evolving to the better, with MANY, MANY people to thank!

But despite having a tremendous force of individuals that help strengthen this community, as well as the daily participants to make us who we are. So with this in mind there will always be room for a bit more depth and width (... ladies ;)).
More hands are needed on deck, and it is on that note we'd like to introduce for the first time ever - a publicly open application system; for the many projects within our community created for those qualified to take a closer look on the other side of the field.

Active Projects
(That are recruiting)

• NWL Production & Management
    • NWL Broadcasters
    • NWL Casters
  • GG19 Staff
    • GG19 Communication
  • XpOff(Site) Production
    • Guide Author
    • Graphic Designer
3.0'ing
Applications and Requirements
Apply on this thread or in a private message
The NWL
Broadcaster
6 mbit upload.
IT knowledge
780ti+ Graphics Card
OBS Studio knowledge.
2 Monitors (3 for main stream , skype).
Willingness to spend time learning
Decent CPU
Multiple audio outputs (1 speaker, 1 headset)

Dedication
  • What position are you applying for?
  • Are you playing in the 2016 TC?
  • What is your upload speed?
  • Would you consider yourself computer savvy?
  • What is your graphics card?
  • How is your knowledge of OBS?
  • How many monitors do you have?
  • What is your CPU?
  • Do you have speakers, and a headset?
  • What is your availability during the week/weekends?
Caster
This will require sitting down with NWL staff and commentating a muted Wargame and weekend availability.
  • Do you have a Mic/Headset? If so what are you using?
  • Have you commentated on video games before?
  • If you have commentated before are you a color, or play by play caster? (Strategy/Action)
  • What is your availability during the week and weekend?
  • Are you willing to get in voice with NWL Staff and cast over a muted war game?
GG19
GG19 Communication
A significant presence outside the community, for the community. (posting about xp off on reddit, WoWhead, battle.net, and other websites, as well as using informative macros in game.)
  • What fan websites do you frequent?
  • What is your user name of the websites you frequent?
  • Show us some examples of your XP Off discussion on other websites. (Screenshots or URLs)
  • Do you advertise the playstyle in game? Show us your macros.
XpOff(site)
Guide Author
This will require consistent high quality and informative posts, as well as at least two guides.
  • Have you written two or more guides? If so please link them.
  • How knowledgeable are you about your bracket? (Strategy, Class knowledge, Gear knowledge, and general knowledge.)
  • Are you a guild Leader?
  • What Bracket do you function in?
Graphic Designer
The ability and willingness to create 840x400 graphics for featured content on the front page
The ability and willingness to create new badges for the Badge system

• What software do you use to create graphics?
  • Show us some of your work!
  • Are you interested in creating new badges?
  • Are you willing and available to create 840x400 cover photos for featured content on the front page?
________________________________________________________________________________________

To sum it all up:
XPOff has achieved nearly all of its primary goals that it set out to accomplish, not only have we become self-sustaining but we have pushed ourselves to the point where we are ever progressing, and can offer more to the community, from the Arena Ladder, to the ever growing Underbelly, and a greater sense of community interaction, and with your help; yet more.

The NWL has pushed its broadcast quality to a level many didn't think possible, and has started its journey into other brackets, yet breeding and maintaining that quality and progression is the next challenge for the Twinkcup, and even afterwards.

GG19 has funded hundreds of players, and more than a dozen teams in the past year, yet with legion on the horizon and the changes to come; it is time for us to evolve into something for the playstyle, and not just a single bracket.

The Badge System is something that we at XPOff would greatly like to expand on, offering badges for Arena Rankings, Winning a tournament, being particularly helpful in a bracket or Project, writing guides, creating content or organizing tournaments: these are some of the things that we would like to be able to offer badges for. Firstly we need people interested in creating them. It's our hope that the badge system will allow our most dedicated community members to establish a degree of individuality as part of their forum presence.​

In the coming months we will be entering a new age of twinking, one with the numbers of the glory days, and the initiative and community of modern XP Off game play, that means radical changes are on the horizon, it's likely some old faces will be leaving us, but also likely that many new faces will be joining us. The new faces who come here will be interested in our competitive game play, the tools we offer, and our content. From now until Legion and afterwards we have a unique opportunity to get ahead of the curve and bolster our efforts as a community and play style, to create something even greater than we already have and as a result embrace the next stage of our collective evolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I envision a post-modern twinking era where 70% of the players are botting. It's only a matter of time before twinks catch up to end game tactics.

I'd really like to point out that The NWL NEEDS more broadcasters for the TC!

I envision a post-modern tinking era where 70% of the players are botting. It's only a matter of time before tinks catch up to end game tactics.
I'm sure security will toughen up when legion hits, a lot of people botting bgs have been perma banned

Looks pretty.
Where do I apply? In private or here?

Are people getting paid to offer their services ?
No, the legions of folks who have helped do so as volunteers for the betterment of the community. No one has any money around here unfortunately, well at least certainly not me. xD

I'm sure security will toughen up when legion hits, a lot of people botting bgs have been perma banned

Clearly you don't understand the problem. Most of the botters that get banned just make a new account and bot a character to level 100 and get it geared in Ashran. I saw Kana get banned only to see him RBGing on a fully geared 100 a day later. Think about how much less time it takes to gear a 19 compared to a 100 in full PvP gear. Most of the people that bot don't care too much about being banned because they can use a bot on a new account to make up for the lost work.

I'd really like to point out that The NWL NEEDS more broadcasters for the TC!

Since there are a lot of players from the European servers playing in the US Twink Cup, I think you should invest in multiple broadcaster channels in various languages. For example, twitch.tv/thenwl would be a broadcaster speaking in English, twitch.tv/thenwl_sweden would be a broadcaster speaking in Swedish, twitch.tv/thenwl_sovietunion would be a broadcaster speaking in Russian and so on.

Also, I think it's really important that you don't just accept anyone that wants to be a broadcaster. How pleasant someone's voice sounds should play a very large role. Just think about how big of a disaster it would be if someone nasally like @Daddy was a broadcaster for the Twink Cup.

Since there are a lot of players from the European servers playing in the US TC, I think you should invest in multiple broadcaster channels in various languages. For example, twitch.tv/thenwl would be a broadcaster speaking in English, twitch.tv/thenwl_sweden would be a broadcaster speaking in Swedish, twitch.tv/thenwl_sovietunion would be a broadcaster speaking in Russian and so on.

Also, I think it's really important that you don't just accept anyone that wants to be a broadcaster. How pleasant someone's voice sounds should play a very large role. Just think about how big of a disaster it would be if someone nasally like @Daddy was a broadcaster for the TC.
Interesting idea, I should note to avoid confusion that you are speaking of a caster/commentator. A broadcaster handles camera work/streaming/instant replays/web cams, ect.

Interesting idea, I should note to avoid confusion that you are speaking of a caster/commentator. A broadcaster handles camera work/streaming/instant replays/web cams, ect.
Yeah that's what I meant - commentator. Also I definitely think that any commentators from the UK should be put on their own twitch.tv/thenwl_uk because British accents are straight up obnoxious and Americans viewing the TC shouldn't have to deal with something so unpleasant.

Edit: Only exception is @bolt because he doesn't sound anything like a typical Euro mutt.

Thanks everyone who helped with this!
Hi Conq! I just wanted to say that I am a graphic designer and I do it in a unique way that I love. I use a software known as pixel art, it makes cartoon-like pictures, but with pixels. I have created boba fett from Star Wars just to show you a taste of what I do. Message me and I will send a pic of it ;). I also wanted to say this may not be a daily thing unless it's summer time, where I will have more Time because I am off of school. I also wanted to know any benefits that I will recieve through helping with this project. Thanks
-Captain

preparing by already joining an active pve guild so that I have somewhere to resort when this bracket dies.

I don't see the bracket dying - what with all the XP on's we'll be thrown in with.
I'll lose my braincells playing with complete idiots somwhere else, random lvlers won't make for exciting games. The bracket will be like trying to revive a dead horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread