EU+US Preparing a 100 Twink?

Stale

Legend
I'm wondering how many people are preparing a level 100 twinks, there's some good stuff to do there. Tertiary stats, sockets, warforged and you can freeze your XP and do practically all Legion Content except for raids (all zones scale to your level, Artifacts are available).

I might give it a try, farming Valor right now, but need 25000 for a 795 ring, so that ain't gonna happen.

Much point in staying 100 when 109 will be able to get a much higher item level?

And you won't be able to do much with your Artifact Weapon at 100, several of the upgrade items (for Artifact Power) require at least 106. Also it's looking like all the Legion Craftables start at a minimum of 101, same with that super Ring from Dalaran that's nearly Mythic equivalent.

Does the Crystalized Fel still drop off Archimonde? It's been so long since I've killed him.

I resubbed months ago to get the ring done and I'm glad I did considering crystallized fel will no longer drop when Legion is realeased. I'll be playing frost DK because I've always wanted frostmourne. I already have my trinket from mythic dungeons(which will no longer drop either) and idk what ilvl it will be at 109, but I'm stoked to have such an epic grandfathered 109 lined-up.

My guild kills him twice a week and he still drops it.

Nice to know. I maxed out my rings months ago, but I always like to know things.

Much point in staying 100 when 109 will be able to get a much higher item level?

both 100 and 109 will have access to full 875 crafted gear without (3) restrictions

@topic: im sure battlechest bracket is going to be horrible because this is how blizzard push people into upgrading their accounts
at least we will be able to queue for any other high level bracket, i know we wont be seeing 109 twinks as frequently as 99s, but there is always that specific nolifer being farmed at max level

I'm not sure if I could. As a melee dps that is nowhere near as geared as my guildies (I fell behind on progression due to quitting for a while) I have no pull as far as squeezing someone else in to the raid. We never have a problem with getting people to show up for raid nights so we never really invite people outside of the guild. I'm currently working on my only ring and am 713....just started heroic progression for my toon on lower HFC and my guild is 5/13 mythic.

Don't worry man, I don't have the moose yet either..........you do have your ring quest unlocked to where you can obtain it right? Without the ring, you''l probably wind up having to pay someone for a carry.

both 100 and 109 will have access to full 875 crafted gear without (3) restrictions
This is no longer true, except the removal of the (3) Crafted restriction. I also used to think this based on more than one Alpha/Beta videos done by WoW Streamers but Blizz has since changed this and the 815 (Darkmoon Deck Trinkets) & 815-875 (1/6-6/6) "Sets" require Level 110. The 715-785 versions (non-upgradable) start at 101 and increase a little based on Equipment slot up to 108. Wowhead's Legion Profession overview HERE.

Leatherworking:
  • Dreadleather (815 to start, Level 110) Set HERE
  • Gravenscale (815 to start, Level 110) Set HERE
  • Battlebound (715-785, Levels 101-108) Set HERE
  • Warhide (715-785, Levels 101-108) Set HERE
Blacksmithing:
  • Demonsteel (815 to start, Level 110) example Helm
  • Leystone (715-785, Levels 101-108) Set HERE
Engineering:
  • Cranial Cannon(s) - 4 of them (815 to start, Level 110) Goggles HERE
  • Darkmoon Decks (815 to start, Level 110) List in Comments HERE
Tailoring:
  • Imbued Silkweave (815 to start, Level 110) Set HERE
    Silkweave (715-785, Levels 101-108) Set HERE, scroll down to see them
Dalaran Ring (new Dal):
The above is why I stated that 100 will probably not be the best Level to Twink at in the 100-109 bracket. 100's will have access to an average iLvL of ~760 compared to 109's of ~820 or so with the Dalaran Ring and the much more leveled up Artifact weapon than what 100's can achieve. How Stat scaling will work for 100's vs 109's is unknown but likely they will have an advantage there.

Well to be fair the full levels (60, 70, 80. 85, 90) are never the best levels to twink, but they're more fun as you have content appropiate for your level.

Ofcourse right now there's plenty of 100's that could be considered BiS, but all of those will be leveling and there won't be many more BiS 100's left (unless Legion fails I spose). I'd like to see if I can solo some of the raid content.

Leveling through the entire campaign as level 100 (because the zones scale) might also have some fun results, I don't know D:

Full level Artifacts is definitely reachable at 100, but it might take you longer.

Any chance you want to bring me along for a moose run? haha I just dinged 100 a month ago and don't have the gear for heroic kill.

I can try to PuG heroic HFC with you and whatever members of my guild wanna go sometime, if you want. Most of my guild that still play are 730+, so we can do things.

Full level Artifacts is definitely reachable at 100, but it might take you longer.
Unless things change from the current Beta build > Live that's not true. The Relics alone have Character Level requirements all the way to 110. I also seriously doubt Blizz is going to allow a Level 100 to completely max the Artifact Weapon out, they've NEVER been in the business of making WoW anything but for the new Level Cap each Expansion. In fact it's usually quite the opposite, in that they've often gone out of their way to diminish the game's playability at anything lower THAN Level Cap because they don't make as much money if Players aren't always buying the new XPac.

I know you can complete all zones at level 100s, as they are freely choosable. I did not see any level requirement on artifact talents or skills on the beta and I know one person can get much further by grinding artifact power than someone else. I don't know why you keep talking about relics, but if you complete the zone at level 100 you get a level 100 Artifact at the end. Both rare and uncommon relic drops are also usable at level 100 and grindable. Quests inside your order hall work at level 100 and grant you the uncommon and rare relics as well.

One thing that could ofcourse be the case is that you can't gain Artifact Power if you freeze your XP.

Apart from that I don't know what you mean. I mean I get what you're saying that Blizzard probably wouldn't do that for the sake of level 100s (and they probably did not do it for that), but I also thought it's anti-Blizzard to make PvP completely unbalanced again against the lower-level players in a bracket, especially after how well the scaling was received, yet here we are.

Add me tacticz#1394. My rdruid is pretty useless in raids, I run oom very fast. Just way to new for heroics. Oh horde also, forgot to mention.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackwing-lair/Junglemux/advanced
You can send marks of honor to that toon from any of your twinks and get all of the warmongering 710 gear except for neck/ring/trinkets because Blizz removed them from the vendors. Titanforged gear drops in LFR and Kazaak drops titanforged gear that is 740+ some times. No need to sit around at 660. If you get to ilvl 705-710 you'll be able to pull your weight just watch videos and learn the fights.

I know you can complete all zones at level 100s, as they are freely choosable. I did not see any level requirement on artifact talents or skills on the beta and I know one person can get much further by grinding artifact power than someone else. I don't know why you keep talking about relics, but if you complete the zone at level 100 you get a level 100 Artifact at the end. Both rare and uncommon relic drops are also usable at level 100 and grindable. Quests inside your order hall work at level 100 and grant you the uncommon and rare relics as well.

One thing that could ofcourse be the case is that you can't gain Artifact Power if you freeze your XP.

Apart from that I don't know what you mean. I mean I get what you're saying that Blizzard probably wouldn't do that for the sake of level 100s (and they probably did not do it for that), but I also thought it's anti-Blizzard to make PvP completely unbalanced again against the lower-level players in a bracket, especially after how well the scaling was received, yet here we are.
i think that is because relics boost your artifact item level. a quick look at wowhead artifact weapon calculator shows that relics that do not have a level requirement gives +2 item levels, and those that require level 101 can give +35 item levels. im not sure if there are specific relics that gives more than that, but 101+ will probably have better relics in the end. also relics from quests seem to scale to your level similar to gear rewards. so 109 will also have better relics than 101

Users who are viewing this thread