US Potential of 70-79 bracket + the in's and out's

AlbinoCow

Vaco Del Blanco
So, i saw there was really no forum activity for 70-79 but a lot of interest has started to come to the 70-79 bracket. I hadn't seriously played 70s since wotlk and lost interest when pvp gear became easily accessible and tons of low-skill people came into the bracket. While this current situation is nowhere near the level of fun and intensity wotlk was for me, after coming back it seems this bracket really idealizes many points of the previous twink (xp-off) brackets compared to the current ones : 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc.. One major aspect a bracket needs is community, while the population has dwindled currently, the players remaining are serious players and overall social. As i said earlier the interest in 70-79 has grown rapidly the last few weeks so if we can line up those new players with the existing player base that would be amazing. The overall feel of the pvp is some certain specs / classes can clearly do more dmg / healing than others. But for the most part, the other classes / specs bring a unique feature to them, whether it be mitigation, cc or just situational greatness.

I would like this thread to be the start of the increased activity in 70-79 on this forum, this will only help the bracket become more twink orientated rather than leveler orientated like every other bracket. This is very essential to keeping the bracket interesting. While the spell set and so on are interesting, if ppl do not have rivalries or guilds / ppl they know to play against or with, it will ultimately become boring and they will leave. We have the Real ID thread and some other decent ones, but we still need more activity and ppl viewing the bracket actively and spreading their word. We could potentially start a curse group and get everyone involved in that. That can help ppl group or try to group against another team queing pugs. As well as help set que times and que bgs, this is something i would aim for the future once we get enough ppl. We all set a certain bg to que for as to get not only a faster que for that specific bg but also play against fellow twinks.

The last part is the in's and out's of the bracket. Even now i am not completely familiar with all specs and classes and the desparirity between them in the average battleground. However, i saw the potential of this bracket and wanted to expand on it. So if any of the consistent players would like to weigh in on that particular part and any other interesting facts / tips, that would be well appreciated. So far the difference from 70-79s can be negligible (10-15% overall diff) to more intense depending on the spec / class because of the gain of mastery and an additional talent. But overall if we want this bracket to blossom into something more we will have to put that aside, atleast for now. 79s can offer some very underpowered / non-par specs to be competitive to the s tier and a tier classes of the bracket. And while there will always be those 79s who are s tier classes, if u let them negatively effect the forums / bracket it will hurt u as well.

For anyone who does not have my Btag it is "Pexus#1333", just about anyone can add me who is interested in 70-79s. I would also like some other ppl to step up to help introduce people and get some fun social groups going. I know there was a major horde guild as well as a growing ally one at this point, so any leader from there can contact me.

72-79 is a cancer.

Ret Paladins, Survival Hunters, Demonology Warlocks and Outlaw Rogues are gods.

Survival is completely unfun to play against. Lose 80% of your healthbar in 2 globals and you can't counter it because 40 yard range charge.

All other specs seem fine.

I restarted playing the 70-79 bracket last week.

I have been in this bracket throughout my whole WoW carrier as my "baseline" bracket. After rating was removed, I stopped playing and actually leveled my 70 rogue to 80 (BDS, pvp mount, brute force tabby).

I am now playing on a mage, which I am slowly leveling through BGs to 79 (sorry m8). I find Frost very satisfying to play, offering mediocre damage, but with an immense arsenal of CCs. The only reason I am going for 79 is to get access to my icicle mastery in hopes to increase my dmg output, since its kinda sloppy (or maybe im just bad at mage).

There is a Horde guild on BH called Creamy Twinks (ies?) which seem to have fair players. I lost to a little 3 man, they looked like they knew their stuff.

My Mage is guildless and on a dead realm atm, so if there is an active ALLIANCE US guild I should steer towards pls help me out!

I started to play in the bracket on my mage and I am having a blast. I normally play in the 29 bracket, but wanted to try something new. Someone suggested that I try the 70s bracket and I'm hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread