Grandfathered
Blackrock Grunt - NPC - World of Warcraft

Blackrock Slaghauler - NPC - World of Warcraft

Blackrock Forgeworker - NPC - World of Warcraft

Bleeding Hollow Savage - NPC - World of Warcraft

Bleeding Hollow Hatchet - NPC - World of Warcraft

Shadowmoon Ritualist - NPC - World of Warcraft

Shadowmoon Voidaxe - NPC - World of Warcraft

All of these mobs in tanaan drop high ilvl gear WITHOUT a level requirement. This means that if a level 1 got into tanaan, they could loot this gear. With the addition with flying in draenor getting here will be easier than ever. Any thoughts on this? I think we got another Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole - Item - World of Warcraft on our hands!

I wonder when people will learn to use the search function.

I've seen a few of these threads before but I think sham is trying to say that this is already known info. Just a guess though

theres no way a search would bring this up but there was a thread awhile ago about it. the gear doesnt drop anymore is what people were saying

That's not Tanaan, that's pre-Draenor starter zone and I don't think you can get summoned in there.

If players team up before starting the quest line, with maybe a warlock, do you think they could summon a lowbie there? Or is it phased?

I've had a look into obtainiing this gear for twinks. Here are my findings:
You can warlock summon or RAF summon twinks into the area.
You may re-enter this version of tanaan through a summon once you've completed the quests there, though it is impossible to reach the mobs. You'll need a toon that's at least level 90 who hasnt been to draenor before to farm this gear.
Low level characters can leave the first area, but may not enter any new area that is not simply named "Tanaan Jungle" on your map without being warped back to the starting area.
It is possible to get into combat with all of the mobs that supposedly drop this gear, though you need a higher level player to pull them a long way to you.
A GM has confirmed for me that the items do still drop, though the rates are ridiculously low.
I have 800 kills on the Bleeding Hollow Savage with no luck yet. I'm planning on going for 2000 before I give up. I'll bump this thread again if I learn anything new.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread