Please help me advocate for a built in classic BG spectator.

No fucking way. You're suppose to communicate with your team to find out where the enemy team is. The enemy FC is not even marked on the map. No one but your own teammates playing should know where your fc is.

No fucking way. You're suppose to communicate with your team to find out where the enemy team is. The enemy FC is not marked on the map. No one but your own teammates playing should know where your fc is.
This is implied for esports not Russian spies.
[doublepost=1556129124,1556129071][/doublepost]
oh you fucked up and mentioned esports.

Shoulda just been like "it'd be really cool to be able to watch classic BGs on stream"
Y I k E S.

Good thing blizzard only cares about numbers.

As my thoughts relate more to XPOFF and you specifically Conq - I will post here instead.

My question is: Why is it your focus to push "ESPORTS" and why do you continue to use the word "ESPORTS"?

If you want less backlash, I think there needs to be more thinking to your post before you post them Conq. If I could rewrite it, it would look a little something like

Hello all, I’m here because I would like to advocate for a BG spectator to be built in to classic. While currently the game does not have a finished product, it does support arena. However In classic arena does not exist, BGs are the only form of instanced PvP.

I believe most would agree that a spectator feature would give a new sense to the words: Competitive Classic Battlegrounds. It would foster new communities and bring about a level of competition perhaps even eclipsing the original classic experience when many of us were wee little lads and ladettes.

I hope you all agree with me and voice your opinions!

Thanks,

Benjamin “Conq” Rubinsten. Lord Axiom

just my 2 cents tho

I would absolutely love to have a build-in spectator for classic.
The only people with contrasting opinions are the ones wanting classic to be 100% vanilla.
Which I can guarantee, wont be the case: There is absolutely no way everything from vanilla WOW will be replicated in-full, and the sooner people realize that, the better.

Like Jesus Murphy, should we remove our modern graphics cards for the real old school experience? Fucking nostalgic keyboard turners...SMH.

As my thoughts relate more to XPOFF and you specifically Conq - I will post here instead.

My question is: Why is it your focus to push "ESPORTS" and why do you continue to use the word "ESPORTS"?

If you want less backlash, I think there needs to be more thinking to your post before you post them Conq. If I could rewrite it, it would look a little something like

Hello all, I’m here because I would like to advocate for a BG spectator to be built in to classic. While currently the game does not have a finished product, it does support arena. However In classic arena does not exist, BGs are the only form of instanced PvP.

I believe most would agree that a spectator feature would give a new sense to the words: Competitive Classic Battlegrounds. It would foster new communities and bring about a level of competition perhaps even eclipsing the original classic experience when many of us were wee little lads and ladettes.

I hope you all agree with me and voice your opinions!

Thanks,

Benjamin “Conq” Rubinsten. Lord Axiom

just my 2 cents tho
I work in the esports industry outside of here, it's just what it's called, I don't intend to walk on glass because people don't like a word.

Very unlikely to happen.

Most of the feedback to Blizz devs working on this has been to keep it as similar to vanilla as possible, and to not introduce any new features. Blizz has listened and made a bunch of decisions to keep things as similar as possible (while I believe adding loot rolls to prevent ninja looting, and adding group Q's for dungeons).

I agree with them, I want the experience to be as the same as possible. Back in the early days, all of the content was recorded in first person. Introducing a BG spectator seems inauthentic to the view that I'm used to seeing the vanilla game in.

Esports in classic WoW would probably need be streams in first person. This would preserve this first person vanilla viewpoint while being able to record competitive BGs live.

Very unlikely to happen.

Most of the feedback to Blizz devs working on this has been to keep it as similar to vanilla as possible, and to not introduce any new features. Blizz has listened and made a bunch of decisions to keep things as similar as possible (while I believe adding loot rolls to prevent ninja looting, and adding group Q's for dungeons).

I agree with them, I want the experience to be as the same as possible. Back in the early days, all of the content was recorded in first person. Introducing a BG spectator seems inauthentic to the view that I'm used to seeing the vanilla game in.

Esports in classic WoW would probably need be streams in first person. This would preserve this first person vanilla viewpoint while being able to record competitive BGs live.
That may be what happens in just hoping it's a bit easier on organizers

B4O5E6O.png

cmon

Attention is usually good. It means more resources, players, and support : )

If it were easy to add, more options for eSports is almost always a good thing.

Classic eSports be a thing? That's idealistic thinking on your end for your wishes of it.

Not going to happen, and certainly not what the majority want, my man.

They've said since day one it is going to be as identical to classic as possible, and that is what a good 90% of the base wants. It'd be a very bad idea for them to do anything but that.

Also, I really don't see any appeal beyond an absurdly small amount of people for Classic eSports.

Users who are viewing this thread