Pixel Art

DAXinko

Veteran
Hey guys. I'm starting with pixel art. So far I remade some tattoos, but I tried doing something from WoW. I made T10 set Warlock Gnome with Zhardom (played with this mog whole Cata :p )
If you had any idea what can I do better or interesting set do next (maybe your current appearance) let me know. Maybe one day I will do something like full wallpaper in this style, coz it's fun. (I am still learning tho)
Xalie.png

Pixel Xalie.png

Hey guys. I'm starting with pixel art. So far I remade some tattoos, but I tried doing something from WoW. I made T10 set Warlock Gnome with Zhardom (played with this mog whole Cata :p )
If you had any idea what can I do better or interesting set do next (maybe your current appearance) let me know. Maybe one day I will do something like full wallpaper in this style, coz it's fun. (I am still learning tho)
View attachment 12134
View attachment 12135

Dm and/or post the tattoos you've done. I'd love to see, might even incorporate the idea into future work or commission you for a "drawing"

Very cool! :D

I'm more into Capcom-style "Sprite Art" myself... but this is probably the closest thread-topic I'll ever have for sharing these old things! ;)

Ok these are also fuckin sick

If you had any idea what can I do better or interesting set do next (maybe your current appearance) let me know.
I realize that much of the "fun" of pixel-art is seeing just how low-res you can take things... but if you plan on making pix of people's characters, I'd suggest that you practice your new hobby on a 48x48 "canvas" (upscaled 4x to 192x192).

That way, they'd make perfectly-ideal "forum avatars"... since they'd maintain their full "detail" even when shrunk to tiny 1/4-res thumbnails in the Thread Index! :D

Heck, you could even make a "promotion" out of creating them... jus solicit character pix from everyone who might be interested, and periodically unveil the new Pixel-Avatar of the "highest bidder" (...and whenever there aren't any "bids", you just chose your "favorite" and release it for free). ;)

Those are fucking dope, you made those?
Oh hell no... I've got about as much "artistic talent" as a narcoleptic kitten. I just saved these in a folder years ago. :p

What're they for?
My folder was labeled "Marti King 2016"... and if I'm remembering correctly, he was a "traditional fantasy character artist" that occasionally played retro-games to "unwind".

When he got briefly-hooked on Heroes of the Storm™, he made those "retro-themed" fan-arts of various Heroes (...plus some non-Warcraft ones like Tracer and Sonya)... but then went right back to sketching lizardmen 'n stuff.

jug-throw.gif

@Sin'dor Thank you very much for helpful info.

@Sanit So far I remade one cool tattoo from Dune series (that I was thinking about getting). It is little bit different from original, coz of photo angles. Made it in smartphone wallpaper resolution.
Original: https://imgur.com/gallery/ioptR6I
Pixel art:

Dune.png

Man I love Dune. Movie coming soon!

Since my PC broke some days ago I also dabbeled in some pixel art. I tried making a lucky fishing, but it turned out kinda 'meh'
3uc5sEx.png

To become better I decided to make a simple 16x16 pixel art. I hope I exported it well.
Note: This is a orc wearing a LFH, Wailing cavern pieces and a shadowfang. Hope you guys regonize it.

Qle27FN.png

T8qLf15.png

gDqoCJA.png

[...] but this is probably the closest thread-topic I'll ever have for sharing these old things!
To continue my "close-enough" contributions, I dug through my old "WoW 2004" folder for all of you... ;)

Here's some (upscaled) animated .GIFs that I saved off the official site when WoW first launched!

basilisk.gif

defiastheif.gif

frostmanetroll.gif

furbolg.gif

gnoll.gif

greendragonspawn.gif

harpy.gif

harvestgolem.gif

jungletroll.gif

kobold.gif

skeleton.gif

trogg.gif

venomspider.gif

Last edited:
To continue my "close-enough" contributions, I dug through my old "WoW 2004" folder for all of you... ;)

Here's some (upscaled) animated .GIFs that I saved off the official site when WoW first launched!

Man, this is gold! Funny how some of those animations are taken from Warcraft 3 (at least spider and forest troll).

Users who are viewing this thread