Pendulum of Doom on my Pally or Warrior?

ghank

OG
I mostly solo queue and have a 15 warrior and pally with a Pendulum of Doom in storage. I was thinking warrior at first but with the heal and bubble abilities of the pally, maybe I should go that route. I don't see any abilities other than auto swing on the pally that use the 2H. Warrior is another story. There are other higher DPS weapons for the pally too, some with nice stats. So why is POD recommended for a pally?

For SoC proc you want the slowest weapon possible. PoD is that and has the highest DPS as well as it's own proc, so pretty much the best item in any bracket for a Ret.

Roll a Warrior though, Ret is boring af.

Gotcha, and from what I understand, warriors are hard to play, aka challenging.

Ret is unreal for defense paired with anything that can stun dont let the common conception cloud your judgement sure warrior has more ability then auto swing but no utility like a ret can if you think team fights pally 100% if mid chop warrior

What class is PoD more useful on? Warrior.

What class is more fun? That’s subjective.

Gotcha, and from what I understand, warriors are hard to play, aka challenging.
They are challenging yes, in what way does that affect your decision?

Well I am ok with challenging, but Ally lately mostly lose on Herod, and I queue solo usually. So Pally it is. Thanks for the info.

Another question, the BIS gear list for ret enchants the boot slot with minor speed, although the Pursuit of Justice talent says it doesn't stack. Wowhead also says it doesn't stack. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Well I am ok with challenging, but Ally lately mostly lose on Herod, and I queue solo usually. So Pally it is. Thanks for the info.

Another question, the BIS gear list for ret enchants the boot slot with minor speed, although the Pursuit of Justice talent says it doesn't stack. Wowhead also says it doesn't stack. Can anyone confirm?

Oi, good catch! It doesn't stack, go with 7 Agi or Stam.

Ret is unreal for defense paired with anything that can stun dont let the common conception cloud your judgement sure warrior has more ability then auto swing but no utility like a ret can if you think team fights pally 100% if mid chop warrior
This.

As a warrior, you rely on teammates or health potions. If you charge into 3+ enemies to kill a flag carrier. You might kill the EFC, but you will die in the process. I've seen Ret Pallies do the same thing and live.

Warrior has more burst.

Pally has more utility.

Ahh! Gotcha. I was thinking Prot spec as in a flag carrier.

Full Prot actually makes an amazing FC tbh. It's just not quite as good as a Druid, but it's still insane.

Full Prot actually makes an amazing FC tbh. It's just not quite as good as a Druid, but it's still insane.
Of the top 4 FC's, Prot is the worst.

Druid - Mobility, heals
Warrior - Damage Mitigation, DPS
Mage - Mobility, CC
Pally - Damage Mitigation, Heals, BoF

One rogue or warrior jumps on you, what do you have as a Prot Pally? Not to mention the viper stings, if you aren't fast with a cleanse. If you could sit there and free cast, it might be better than a mage and equal to a warrior.
[doublepost=1584923951,1584922167][/doublepost]I take that back. Whatever you got going on, that is the best FC. You resist 90% of my charges, grenades, ect.

Of the top 4 FC's, Prot is the worst.

Druid - Mobility, heals
Warrior - Damage Mitigation, DPS
Mage - Mobility, CC
Pally - Damage Mitigation, Heals, BoF

One rogue or warrior jumps on you, what do you have as a Prot Pally? Not to mention the viper stings, if you aren't fast with a cleanse. If you could sit there and free cast, it might be better than a mage and equal to a warrior.
[doublepost=1584923951,1584922167][/doublepost]I take that back. Whatever you got going on, that is the best FC. You resist 90% of my charges, grenades, ect.

Lol I think you've got good points but both War and Pali need support to make really sing, whereas a Druid changes the whole dynamic by being solo capable (Mage as well). I think a War with tethered support is going to be better than a Paladin with the same, but a Paladin can be less reliant than a Warrior and has freer movement, it's sort of a hybrid between War and Druid. I dunno maybe that sounds crazy but that's how I see it.

90% come on! I think I've pushed 92% in our battles :] Was good to at least try to get that one-on-one today by the water, ggs.

Lol I think you've got good points but both War and Pali need support to make really sing, whereas a Druid changes the whole dynamic by being solo capable (Mage as well). I think a War with tethered support is going to be better than a Paladin with the same, but a Paladin can be less reliant than a Warrior and has freer movement, it's sort of a hybrid between War and Druid. I dunno maybe that sounds crazy but that's how I see it.

90% come on! I think I've pushed 92% in our battles :] Was good to at least try to get that one-on-one today by the water, ggs.

I think FC's can be broken down into premades and solo. Each one will have a different "Best FC."

Solo would be Druid, Mage, Warrior, Pally. In that order. 10v10 would be Warrior, Druid, Pally, Mage. In that order. IMO

92%? I can see that. That last fight was 3 charges in a row resisted. We are discussing this in guild chat right now. Trying to figure out the actual % of defense you have. It's nuts. GG!

The tooltip for Hardiness is incorrect. It should read "Chance to resist Stun effects, and all other spells and effects, increased by an additional 85%"

Users who are viewing this thread