Patch changes

Cattywompus

Veteran
I'm seeing alot of posts about 8.1.5 and changes it's making to quest items and dungeon drops and heirlooms. What exactly is changing, and can someone show me the source? I know procs are going to be 30% less effective, but where are the notes so I can see this for myself? I'm getting back into twinking, and all the unknown and confusion is really messing with me! I'm thinking about a 29, 39, and a 49. Are they going to change alot? Are some boe epics still going to be bis? Sorry I'm being so vague, but I'm a tad bit overwhelmed!

There's got to be... 5? 6? threads detailing the changes seen by various brackets.

These changes, like many such changes, aren't usually detailed in patch notes (in the general wow playing population, nobody really cares if low level dungeon gear gets a three ilvl increase) but are seen in the PTR.

Feel free to download it, copy your characters over and see for yourself

I'm seeing alot of posts about 8.1.5 and changes it's making to quest items and dungeon drops and heirlooms. What exactly is changing, and can someone show me the source? I know procs are going to be 30% less effective, but where are the notes so I can see this for myself? I'm getting back into twinking, and all the unknown and confusion is really messing with me! I'm thinking about a 29, 39, and a 49. Are they going to change alot? Are some boe epics still going to be bis? Sorry I'm being so vague, but I'm a tad bit overwhelmed!
many of the posts are by players doing their respective tests in ptr and giving us their results .. i dont think there are many or any blue posts that tells you the exact amount of nerfing, what they are saying is, the blue and purple gears that you'd gotten from a dungeon will increase in ilvl, most of the time retaining their BIS status, but if your blue or purple gears are not from a dungeon drop, eg. you crafted them, then it may not be BIS anymore .. that is what i gathered, you notice they keep mentioning about dungeon drops .. also 29, 39 and 49 are not really a big problem, the problem lies in the lvl99 or 109 the brackets that will cause the item to go beyond ilvl136 which is where most enchants cap, so they are rushing to get these gears and enchant them, when ptr goes live, the ilvl increased, and their item would have certain enchants on them making them gf'ed

but where are the notes so I can see this for myself?

Download the PTR client.

Jump in. No notes required to experience.

i dont think there are many or any blue posts that tells you the exact amount of nerfing

I maintain more than ever that they likely don't even know half of the stuff they changed regarding low-level PvP.

My concern is for when they actually figure it out... "We did what?!? Let's patch that shit quick..."

Each bracket is going to worry about different things regarding these changes.

The 19 thread is a good read, even though some things are different at 29/39/49: https://xpoff.com/threads/19s-8-1-5-enchants-item-changes.82849/

The two main changes IMO are...

* Gear scaling is getting tweaked. Dungeon drops, quest items, and BoEs will have different ilvls. IIRC, existing dungeon drops will scale to the right level, some BoEs will, and quest items won't. Depending on the bracket, this makes dungeon options more viable or BiS.
* Some enchants are getting nerfed. These are not nerfed by a uniform %. Stats to chest is getting nerf. Stats to bracers is getting fixed to match the tooltip. Lots of weapon enchants are scaling (ex, ele force, flintlocke's, incendiary ammo, etc) lower than they used to. Crusader is, last I saw, still unnerfed at 100 str.

You'll have to see how things shake out at the various brackets. Gear lists will likely change. Enchants may shift around. The meta may shift due to certain classes having enchants nerfed, while other classes/roles are unaffected.

Users who are viewing this thread