Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - February 20th, Windwalker Monk Change, Zandalari Troll Racials

MMO-Champion

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - February 20th, 2019
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
/ Official Forums
)
Dungeons and Raids
  • Battle of Dazar’alor
    • Opulence
      • Unleashed Rage (opal gem buff) and Earthen Roots (emerald gem buff) now also increase damage dealt by pets.
    • King Rastakhan
      • Fixed a bug that caused the encounter to unintentionally reset after resurrecting a player who died in the Death Realm.
    • Lady Jaina Proudmoore
      • Chilling Touch duration reduced by 20%.
      • Chilling Touch is no longer affected by Da Voodoo Shuffle.
      • Fixed a bug that caused Freezing Blood to be sometimes applied to players who correctly had allies nearby, on Mythic Difficulty.

Items
  • Fixed a bug that caused Enveloping Protection to be removed early when a target was hit with an attack that would fully absorb the shield.

Player vs Player
  • idruids.gif
    Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Resolved an issue that caused Thorns to deal damage when the target is struck by unintended spells such as Eye for an Eye, Frost Fever, or Virulent Plague.
    • Restoration
      • Fixed a bug that caused Soul of the Forest to increase the healing of Germination applied by Nourish without being consumed.
      • Fixed a bug that allowed Nourish to apply two copies of Lifebloom to a target.

Quests
  • Flushed out a bug that prevented players from always being properly credited for objectives on "Flush Them Out".

Patch 8.1.5 PTR - Windwalker Monk Change
/ Official Forums
)
In the next PTR build*, we’re looking to test this change:

• Now, If your primary target of Fists of Fury is dead or despawns, a new primary target will be picked for the purposes of dealing bonus damage to the primary target. It will pick the closest thing to you, unless you already have something else targeted that’s going to be hit by the damage spell.

So this is similar to how Eye Beam picks a target. It should also address Open Palm Strikes (Azerite Trait) sometimes stopping proccing because your main Fists of Fury target has died.

*This should be soon, but it may be in the public build following the very next one.

Zandalari Troll Racial Concerns
/ Official Forums
)
So, it has been multiple weeks since the racials came out and everyone assured me that the troll racials were so OP they would “obviously” be nerfed.
I am still waiting…Not only is regeneratin’ extremely OP…but the LoA blessing is also very OP. Take Embrace of Bwonsamdi (Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal [Attack power * 0.25 * 1 * (1 + Versatility)] Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done.) Compare this to the Night Elf racial of 1% to crit…yeah. Blizz. You don’t have much time left. Show us that you are not completely inept and nerf Zandalari racials already.

I’ve been following this subject quite closely throughout this PTR.
While I don’t think you’re going to see changes in the very next PTR build (coming … you know – “Soon”), I do think you’re going to see some further tuning in a PTR build after that.
I would usually move a thread like this one over to the PTR forum, but I think I’ll leave it here with this: As soon as I know exactly what’s been changed for testing, I’ll post about it in the PTR forum.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread