Patch 7.3 - Seat of the Triumvirate Dungeon, Tweets, HeroStorm - Ep 26

MMO-Champion

d3.png
Season 11 Featured Builds - Haedrig's Gift Edition

hearthstoneIcon.png
Priest Legendary Card Reveal: Archbishop Benedictus

Patch 7.3 - Seat of the Triumvirate Dungeon
Patch 7.3 adds a new dungeon called Seat of the Triumvirate!

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Chronicle shows us that demons always rez in the Nether. Now it shows Antorus to be the source? Ret-con or explained in game?
I assume you're referring to Turalyon's dialogue? (Muffinus)
That is where most people get to and then become confused. So I would say yes that dialogue is a point to clarify.
Feel free to speculate (Muffinus)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
What do you think about progression systems in online games with realistically achievable end point? Should there be a point when the progression ends with a “sense of accomplishment”?
If the endpoint is too easily achievable, that gives players an opportunity to take a break from the game. That can be a good thing if they come back to your game refreshed, but it can be a bad thing if they take a long or permanent break because they’ve run out of content.

Now, I totally agree that a sense of a accomplishment is important. As gamers, we enjoy filling in bars, but if that bar is filling in really slowly, and if that bar is really long, we may just recognize the futility of our effort and give it up. Progress is important. The best game do this by having multiple bars so that just as you finish one accomplishment, there is something slightly different that is also nearing completion. Consider Civilization. You might be finishing a battle in one part of the map, and then spend a couple of turns finishing an important tech, and then discover you are about to found a new city, and so on. The loop wouldn’t be as compelling if you were only progressing along one axis at a time and saw how far you had to go to get that sense of completion.

Also, this is really important: the kicker here is that “realistically achievable” isn’t a single number. If you play two hours a month and I play four hours a day, then what is achievable for you may be trivial for me. This is very common. (Source)

WoWProgress - Mythic Proving Grounds Score
The Mythic Dungeon Invitational Proving Grounds are going on right now, and our friends at WoWProgress have a tool that tracks the scores. If you are looking for other players for this event or just normal runs, check out their LFG Tool.

HeroStorm - Ep 26: Da Minion
Another episode of HeroStorm has been released!

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread