Patch 6.1 will bring the Heirloom Account-wide tab.

Oliks

Check it!
World of Warcraft Plans for 2015: Subscription Currency, Legendary Follower Reward, and More - Wowhead News

Collecting Your Heirlooms
We’re pretty far along in development on the much-talked-about Heirloom tab. This will bring the whole Heirloom system into a single account-wide collection UI and provide a clear purchase/upgrade path for all items. Heirlooms already on characters will be collected into the new UI (similar to other Collections features), base-level Heirlooms will be purchasable from vendors, and upgrade tokens that can be used on Heirlooms to raise their effectiveness to additional level caps will be obtainable through different forms of content. We’ll be looking for your feedback on the new system when the 6.1 PTR goes live.

Kind of crap. They could have made it so every time you enchant an heirloom, you get a dropdown for it in the tab, so you can pick which enchant you want. Also, how are you supposed to enchant heirlooms for your cross faction alts?

Kind of crap. They could have made it so every time you enchant an heirloom, you get a dropdown for it in the tab, so you can pick which enchant you want. Also, how are you supposed to enchant heirlooms for your cross faction alts?

You can still mail them.

We still don't know how it will work, but we'll find out on the PTR soon enough.

This game is becoming too easy...

Make a new character, no need to farm for looms. Unless you don't have them.

And those tokens sound interesting. I wonder how effective they'll make heirlooms.

I'd like to take this opportunity to provide some information about heirlooms:
  • We plan to them available again with patch 6.1. They are currently being redesigned to fit the new stat system.
  • The heirlooms will be sold for gold and base level will go up to level 60. Once you buy a heirloom, it will be available for all characters on your account, as toys and pet are now.
  • The base heirlooms can be upgraded to Tier 2 (usable up to level 90) and Tier 3 (usable up to level 100) in exchange for emblems that will be obtained as a reward for some tasks completed within the game.

From mmo-champ. Im reading elsewhere that the stats have been nerfed as well, but havent seen first hand exactly how.

gonna be awesome, anyone else got a linked account with all the guild looms? also first time hearing about the game-time knick-knacks i wonder if they intend to eventually ease the restrictions to genuine players on a starter edition. Maybe they did all that stuff to get rid of gold-sellers and seeing it pissed off all us to a good extent maybe they feel like they being too much of assholes and want to mend their ways.... j/k.

Let the war begin between FTP and P2P, take to the world parcels of hillsbrad, redridge, ashenvale, and the wetlands. with new armor forged from the triumphant battles of your linked account set out and put to rest anyone between levels 1-19, or 21-29... I would recommend a tactical retreat should your foe be more battle hardened than that.

At least I will be able to copy Dread Pirate Ring to any of my characters this way. Since the fishing derby awards have become cross-realmed, it's nearly impossible to win.
I hope this feature will be more useful for us, than the Void Storage, which isn't disabled either directly. :p
Oh, and those leggings will break our transmog sets even more. Although this doesn't matter anymore: this bracket is already dead.

can someone please link an explanation of the tokens? thanks.

There is nothing official yet. Basically there will be base BoAs, which scale to a certain level, just like they do now. Then you can upgrade them to scale to higher levels. None of that will have any effect for 1-20, or 55 for F2P DKs.

I don't think anyone was expecting existing BoAs to lose their chants. What he was wondering is if BoAs from the tab will have chants on them. I'm leaning towards not, but we will find out. PTR should be up soon™ and barring some unforeseen Blizzness, live shortly after.

Actually he answered that as well. When you pull a new one out of the tab it will not have the enchant.

When they first spoke about this feature at Blizzcon 2013, they stated that existing BoAs (the ones on your toons) would not be altered in any way. They would still be on those characters, and the enchants they have would stay.

The BoA tab (at that time) was a UI enhancement like the mounts, pets, and toybox pages. The purposed it served was to catalog the BoAs you have purchased on your accoount, and give you the option to create a new copy of that BoA (for free) on any character on your account. That BoA would then have to be enchanted, but would otherwise function as normal as far as BoA gear goes.

However, from the latest tweets, it sounds like they are re-itemizing BoAs. Maybe they are going to remove all the ones we've earned thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread