*partial rant* The sadness of 20-29 battlegrounds...

Imagit

Veteran
Hey folks,

I'll admit, I am new to XPOFF but I've been playing on and off since March 2005. That said, I play battlegrounds enough to work the objective, rather than farm kills. *shock* I know.... ban me now. How dare I!

Recently, I found a stream via XPOFF - https://xpoff.com/streams. I found @AxiomDK over at Twitch, playing a level 29 twink. As I watched, I realised I had much to learn. Thankfully, this gentleman was more than accommodating to my badgering him. Within a thirty mins, I made a new character, changed my keymap to start learning and get out of my own muscle memory. Within hours, I had a bad 29 goblin rogue, but I made a start on pvp'ing as I hunted for twink equipment.

Today though.... I went into a Warsong Gultch battleground and to my utter horror, we lost. Typical for my server, but when I took a closer look, due to changes in mods I'd picked up, I realised why we are having issue.

F2P lvl 20 twinks.

These players are fighting in the bracket of 20-29 and basically giving the other side a free kill and yet, blaming the rest of us, for not winning. I know some have skills, but when your fighting level 29's on the other team, all they are doing is ensuring the loss of their side. I mean seriously.... Why are they even allowed to be in this bracket as a F2P.

I have to wonder though.... is there anything we can do? Can we contact Blizzard and ask for a change? Would they even care? Do you even care as a player in this bracket? I dunno.... but I left the game feeling deflated, because we don't win often as Horde on Steamwheedle-Cartel server and this just felt like another slap in the face for trying too hard to enjoy my own games, ruined by an idiotic system.

Sorry for the rant.... I now return you to your regular posts.

Hey folks,

I'll admit, I am new to XPOFF but I've been playing on and off since March 2005. That said, I play battlegrounds enough to work the objective, rather than farm kills. *shock* I know.... ban me now. How dare I!

Recently, I found a stream via XPOFF - https://xpoff.com/streams. I found @AxiomDK over at Twitch, playing a level 29 twink. As I watched, I realised I had much to learn. Thankfully, this gentleman was more than accommodating to my badgering him. Within a thirty mins, I made a new character, changed my keymap to start learning and get out of my own muscle memory. Within hours, I had a bad 29 goblin rogue, but I made a start on pvp'ing as I hunted for twink equipment.

Today though.... I went into a Warsong Gultch battleground and to my utter horror, we lost. Typical for my server, but when I took a closer look, due to changes in mods I'd picked up, I realised why we are having issue.

F2P lvl 20 twinks.

These players are fighting in the bracket of 20-29 and basically giving the other side a free kill and yet, blaming the rest of us, for not winning. I know some have skills, but when your fighting level 29's on the other team, all they are doing is ensuring the loss of their side. I mean seriously.... Why are they even allowed to be in this bracket as a F2P.

I have to wonder though.... is there anything we can do? Can we contact Blizzard and ask for a change? Would they even care? Do you even care as a player in this bracket? I dunno.... but I left the game feeling deflated, because we don't win often as Horde on Steamwheedle-Cartel server and this just felt like another slap in the face for trying too hard to enjoy my own games, ruined by an idiotic system.

Those ftps you are complaining about are the reason you get pops quickly. Accept them as part of the experience or enjoy 30 min plus que times.

At a certain point, you have to swallow your ego and recognize that the game does not revolve around your interests only. Trying to start some sort of petition to lock people out of BGs based on anecdotal evidence is childish, especially since what you perceive to be a problem is only present in one or two brackets. In stead consider grouping up with other 29 twinks to minimize the amount of slots that these F2P players are taking up on your team.

But the best advice I can give you is: It's just a game, man. Try not to take it too seriously.

Last edited:
It's just frustrating.... I needed to rant. Normally, I just shrug shit like this off, but lately.... just sick and tired of losing over and over again. Sadly, I don't know any other twinks in Steamwheedle server group, but hopefully in time, I'll find a few like minded players here.... or I'll take drastic measures and leave my home server, to start enjoying PvP more with like minded pvp'ers, rather than pve groups.

Again, sorry for rant.... :/

lmao @Imagit i appreciate your rant but you are entirely wrong

the level 20 f2p twinks are absolutely fine, most are better than the average 29, admittedly the lack of speed enchants and elemental force makes a noticeable impact, however a MUCH larger discrepancy is in the vast amount (obviously) of people leveling through our bracket who have NO gear or simply heirlooms

you probably aren't seeing f2p twinks, you're probably seeing levelers

Truthfully I been playing the bracket for some years now it's not ftp is not the problem they are well geared and scale to 29 as with their stats, it is the levelers is the problem under geared and no experience in these lower brackets so xpon and xpoff merger is the problem for not having good games

Competition or not, the majority of the players in the bracket will not stay around 30 to 45+ mins In a que. Theres a reason only two brackets survived the xpoff bgs for an extended period of time. 19s were easily accessible and 24s had ftps. You remove the levers you remove the fast pops and keeping the interest for the more casual/mid tier players. You want competitive games set up premades and wargames. It's not hard.

90% of twink brackets cannot survive on just twinks alone for longer than a few months. Ain't no one got time to wait around for 2 hours and play 2 to 3 games tops.

You had a few rough games. It happens to the best of us. Even assuming equal gear across every player on every team, you're going to have streaks of losses (and streaks of wins!).

Best to just take it on the chin and move on and maybe utilize the communities and forums to get in a group next time. Find a good group and youll have a good time, even during losses.

Lord Axiom here to help @Imagit ! As I do feel your frustration over these level 20 twinks, most of the time they aren't always the downfall to the group as many have mentioned. Most of the time it is these levelers who enter the bg and end up dragging others down. Sometimes its yourself and you may have just not noticed it. There are days when the Horde win BGs, and the Alliance win BGs. Whenever you're on a losing streak it is best sometimes to just take a break. I feel this frustration, as I feel all of us have gone through it. When games are like this though, just try to find the fun you can even when you're frustrated. For example, see a stinky leveler on the alliance team? Camp him like the good rogue i taught you to be! Ruin his fun! >= ) - Just like the levelers on your team are ruining yours :)

- Axiom

Hey folks,

F2P lvl 20 twinks.

Welcome to the forums!

I'll keep this short since your rant has been voiced by MANY other level 24/29 twinks over 4-5 years ago.

1. As mentioned by @tence, the bracket exists because of F2Ps.
2. Find another scapegoat for your defeats. Sure they are weaker, but the F2Ps I know have a better brain than most 29s since they've been around the bracket way longer than the majority of the other players.
3. Skill. F2Ps rely on skill to kill ppl since they do not have access to all the new flamboyant enchants.
4. Don't report posts flaming you. You roasted a whole community. Expect retaliation.

Problem is some people queue'ing w/o all items.

In my ret paladin neck and weapon enchants represent about 10-15% damage.

It is very difficult to have all Bis items and enchants in a lvl 20 Twink - but you can surely put a fighting chance.

Users who are viewing this thread