Pally Ret Weapon Choice:

Stay away from the searing blade. Get a night reaver or use the smights hammer if you can't get BAR

As a DPS paladin myself, I'd have to say you'd wanna go with Shadowfang/Cruel Barb with enchant of you're choice (I chose fiery :) ) For 2 hander, Repurposed lava Dredger, B-something Arcanite Reaper ( I use it but not enchanted yet. ) I also have Smites and easily crit 200s on Druids in bear form. Then when crusader procs I have crit 300s occasionally . So really its you're choice, just a few of my favorites there. :D

Faceröll<Savy>-Stormrage-Ruin

Even though ret paladins are pretty terrible at 19, I always assumed that their one way of being decent was to be a "proc"adin.

Maybe that's changed since they nerfed fiery + SoR

germs said:
Even though ret paladins are pretty terrible at 19, I always assumed that their one way of being decent was to be a "proc"adin.

Maybe that's changed since they nerfed fiery + SoR

They're actually quite good. The only class I have trouble with are hunters, everything else seems simple to kill.

The quest chains do take awhile, but Glacial Stone is the best. You also get a nifty stick that turns you into a Furbolg.

Shadowfang w/ Crusader +Redbeard Crest, marco on Crusader proc to auto switch to Smites +25 Agility. Smites is the best 2her for a Pally because 1 str=2ap and ap is also added to Judgements.

Since BoA items really aren't an option for me, I think Glacial Stone looks pretty nice. I don't know if Smite's with Agility enchant would be better but... if IAT reads this, could you tell me what the precent chance of a "Chance On Hit" really is? Or at least for Glacial Stone if it differs? To me i think that a proc like that would be really nice, just maybe not the best because of Glacial Stone's slow speed.

Oh, I didn't mention it, I'm mainly looking for a 2-hander because I'm just going to have a different set for protection with a shield.

BAR is pretty much the best 2h available. Where else besides skinning are you gonna get crit rating?

Twinkytoes said:
Glacial Stone with Crusader is the best 2h for a ret pally.

I guess if you want to nerf you're judgements then yeah it is. if not, smites mighty hammer is clearly better

I'm kinda' torn now. How much extra damage, crit chance am I losing by choosing Glacial Stone over Smite's Mighty Hammer (with Judgement of Light, per say)?

it depends on how you use the weapon. switching in for one or two big hits after a crusader proc on SnB setup the glacial stone will hit the hardest. with fiery on it it can deal a huge burst.

if you want to use glacial with crusader for a 2H setup smites would be the second best choice...or fighting orcs the orc crusher ^^

searing blade and night reaver are out of the discussion (if no racial pushes the reaver).

if not just using the 2H for a big hit with most possible burst, the BAR is by far the best weapon to use. 2+% crit and 10stam paired with the slowest speed + almost 21dps....nothing beats that.

Users who are viewing this thread