EU+US Outlaw dagger in offhand

Dimitri

Grandfathered
In 29s am rolling dagger offhand since a long time in legion but now that i came into 19s people began to trash talk me a lot cus i use a offhand dagger, main reason is spell cast knockback if thats how you said it, what i mean is making casters take longer time to cast cus of hits also saberslash procs hits are both with the right hander.
So now i ask to you guys whats your opinion?

Most of the time you won't be attacking someone that will be casting

If it hasn't changed since the last time I checked (which was a long time ago, like 7.0) - then offhand damage in instanced pvp is just 1/2 your main hand damage. I'd have to test it again to see - theres a good chance it could have changed since. If it is the same, then theres no dps loss for using a dagger.

In really old days before normalized procs, rogues always used a fast dagger offhand for poison procs, cast knockback, and other on-hit enchants/skills. Most of that doesn't matter anymore, but it still might be a good idea. Or just do it cause you want to and it looks old school.

Interesting theory, I think I'd still prefer harder white hits personally, but it's a trade off.

You're a solid player, and it doesn't matter what you use in your off hand, you will remain more relevant than a large majority of the rogues queuing right now.

I don't believe there is any significant difference in having a fast (dagger) or slow off-hand in instanced PvP right now. I could be remembering wrong, but I do believe that's what I concluded from my tests when the weapon normalization patch first hit. Personally I use dagger for the looks in instanced PvP, and the fact that it has a high ilvl (don't have 34 ilvl axe, but I have 34 ilvl dagger).

Users who are viewing this thread