EU+US (OUTDATED)BIS Profession Guide and necessary reputation guide

Blackberryy

TBC Classic
Since the start of twinking 70 in WOTLK there has always been the need to max out your toon to it's fullest potential for whatever endevour you may be taking on. Some people are unaware of some of the small niche things you can do in the community today to give your character that extra edge when it comes to pvp or raiding, this guide is here to help you :

1. What separates "BIS" professions from the rest in the current game and where to get your information to level these
  2. Understand why each profession is beneficial
  3. The reputations needed to get some recipes for your professions at 70 and some recipes just needed so you don't have to pick up a profession (you'll see what i mean)
NOTE: If you do not have the funds to buy at least one of these professions from your respective AH or another player i would suggest using the provided links farming methods.

Leatherworking starts because it is home to the BIS leg enchant for tanks, melee dps, and hunters

Primal leg reinforcement For agility based DPS, Draconic Leg Reinforcements for str based dps and Heavy leg reinforcements for tanks

NOTE: Before you go trying this with tailoring to be cheeky remember that the tailoring leg enchant not only does not work for anyone under 550 tailoring anymore but also will not stay with you after unlearning

Leatherworking for Melee and hunters only, is unnecessary for spell casters and healers, So you can disregard this Section if you don't play melee or hunter. Leatherworking guide i use and recommend: Guide for LW. Leatherworking after gaining this enchant can then be unlearned and should be unlearned for BIS since the enchants stick with you after unlearning them. Leatherworking Really requires no reps for it to be effective but almost every TBC reputation has some patterns for you to learn when exalted and even before.

For hunters and even shamans this Profession has a cool pattern that can be picked up off a trash mob BOE called the Embrace of the Pheonix, now this pattern is very barely better than the sunwell chest but will be an option for those of you unwilling to unlearn Leatherworking, this pattern requires 365 to learn and 350 to wear.

Jewelcrafting is probibly the most beneficial of all the proffessions you can learn because of the prospect of gemcutting from TBC to WOTLK for yourself and all of the twinks on your same server Guide for Jewelcrafting. To start with, there are inconsequential Jewelcrafter specific gems which are not a huge increase but a benefit nonetheless for leveling JC whose effect will also stick with you after unlearning JC. It also has It's own Jewelcrafter specific necklaces that are bis for all specs including the Pendant of Sunfire(0.3% highest drop chance)and the Hard Khorium Choker(0.06% highest drop chance)both of which requiring 365 JC to makeand dropping off of sunwell trash mobs.

• The Shattered Sun Faction : Is the home of Duplicates of the same gem recipes found in The keepers of time Indormi vendor but require a much easier reputation grind including spam running the MGT heroic off cd and normals off cd until exalted. With different recipes becoming available at different stages in the loyalty process sold by Shaani and also being sold by Ontuvo located by the portal to Isle in shatt. There are also other Recipes for JC sold by a different vendor on isle one in particular called the Figurine - Shadowsong Panther is a widely used dueling trinket for it's on use ap proc and it's very fast cd. This pattern is sold by Eldara Dawnrunner. Who also sells quite a few other niche trinkets for reputation.

In the WOTLK expansion we were given access to a number of gems sold from the vendor Timothy Jones and a few others, but Timothy Jones is the only one capable of giving you the currency to buy these patterns. One of which is a JC daily whose requirements can change daily to 7 different quests each of which is located here Timothy Jones dailys. The other is a Repeatable quest for Titanium Powder that is rather expensive and difficult to do often so is not the main source of this currency. This currency is called Dalaran Jewelcrafter's Token and is used to buy these patterns along with 1 other pattern that actually benifits 70 currently known as the Nightmare Tear. Once purchased for 4 tokens and 450 JC you can make this +10 all stats gem that can be traded among players and sold on the AH. The gem used to make this pattern is also sold by Timothy Jones and is also able to be traded etc. and it is called the Dragon's Eye which is purchased for 1 Dalaran jewelcrafter's Token.

Engineering is the second BIS proffession for level 70s and is extremely useful and a huge quality of life profession including but not limited to bombs and the ILvL of the trinkets you can learn and make with this skill Engineering guide. To begin with, engineering can be a pain to level, especially with most of the mats not being on the AH on most servers anymore or there prices are so jacked up it's not worth buying. Luckily the guides i've been linking also help with showing you the most efficient farming methods and where to go for them. Now onto the specifics; Engineering offers a unique plethora of abilitys through the use of bombs and belt tinkers that can be very benificial in BGs, raid encounters, Dungeons, and World PVP.

• There are tons of bombs but the ones i will mention for 70 twinks include Saronite bombs for their use in trash pulls and boss encounters and really anywhere extra damage is needed, this pattern comes from any engineering trainer. The next one is Arcane Bomb which is a huge help in duels and even against interruptible mobs in raids and dungeons, it is an extremely low drop rate pattern from rares all throughout classic zones and classic raids such as Ahn'qiraj and Blackwing lair the higest of which being from Neferian in BWL coming in at 0.2% drop rate but can also be purchased from the AH. Flash bombs are the last notable bomb i will mention and are also great in openworld duels vs hunters with beasts as pets, and also good in dungeon and raid encounters vs mobs that are beasts. This pattern only has 1 drop location Mekgineer Thermaplug in Gnomeragan with a 0.55% drop rate, which can also fortunately be purchased off the AH.
  • Engineers also have access to a unique variety of tinkers that can be found useful in all sorts of situations but be warned, each one of these have a chance to malfunction and kill you or quickly lose you the duel(Note, Tinkers can be used in BGS but only a few can be used if you are the FC, my advise is to use them before picking up the flag). Nitro boosts (405 engineering)being a good one for Bgs and duels allows you to sprint away at high speeds. Cardboard Assassin(425 engineering and is learned from a discovery by Cataclysm recipe) is good for if you pull to much aggro in a raid or Dungeon encounter or you're just trying to get away from a hunter pet in pvp. Grounded plasma shield(425 engineering and is learned from a discovery by Cataclysm recipe) is my personal favorite and allows me to tank aoe damage from a heavy raid pull or get a clean restealth in BGS or in openworld, allowing the bubble to take the hits for me to not break me from stealth. This is also a good damage soak for tanks during hard hitting boss fights and AOE trash pulls. Spinal Healing Injector(425 engineering and is learned from a discovery by Cataclysm recipe) is a popular one for it's ability to net you a large heal with a CD of only a minute. Mind Amplification Dish(410 engineering) is a fun one to use allowing you to MC another target in openworld pvp or a duel and also to use a sort of cc on an interuptable mob in a dungeon or raid setting. Flexweave Underlay(380 engineering) is a good tinker that allows you to parachute down great distances without taking fall damage.Frag Belt(380 engineering) is good for Duels, openworld pvp, Bgs, and during AOE trashpulls of interruptible mobs, by acting as a bomb and dealing damage and incapping all targets in the affected area. There are other tinkers that you learn from engineering and are usable at 70 such as: EMP Generator, and Invisibility Field.
Engineers are also capable of learning 2 trinkets being BIS for Tanks, Healers and DPS alike in raid encounters known as the (exclusive to tanks) Sonic Booster (167 ilvl and 390 engineering) and the Gnomish Lightning Generator (200ilvl and 425 engineering[Note: you do not need Gnomish engineering to learn this]). Both of these trinkets are useful because of their item level and in the case of the sonic booster, it's high stamina and AP proc.

Engineers also have nifty "quality of life" recipes they can learn to make things much easier on them including teleports, repair bots and mobile banking. Teleports can be learned by engineers starting at the bridge between Goblin and Gnomish which is chosen at engineering level 200 with the option of either engineering being offered through a small quest. the notable differences in the 2 at 70 are the teleporters associated with each. With the wild card Wormhole Generator Northrend learnable by either at 415 engineering.

The other side of these "quality of life" include Field repair bot (300 engineering and 1.9% drop rate from Simon Unit)which is a repair bot/vendor, and Jeeves(450 engineering and the highest drop chance being at the Library Guardians at 0.01% drop rate)most useful of the 2 doubling as a repair bot/vendor and a bank.

Secondary professions(Archeology, Cooking, Fishing, and First AID) are useful and Cooking in particular is required for BIS food and feast from it's recipes. Now i won't go into depth on all of these since most of them arn't even useful at 70, but i will mention that there are quite a few cool toys and items you can farm at 70 with these secondary professions that i recommend doing for a little bit of fun in your spare time!
So The cooking skill is learnable by a level 70 up to 525 cooking which is easily obtainable through a new system in a MOP zone starting with Sungshin Ironpaw in HalfHill located in Valley of the Four Winds.

Cooking 1 - 525

Start off by talking to Sungshin Ironpaw at Halfhill in Valley of the Four Winds. Accept So You Want to Be a Chef... and talk to Sungshin again and tell her you need cooking supplies. Buy the 5 Pandaren Peach from her and make your Sliced Peaches. This should be the start of a long journey to skill level 525. She can teach you the following recipes after. Please note that these give 5 skill points per make and that I've given the max skill onto where the next recipe becomes available, this guarantees always maximum skill-ups. You could continue until with a recipe until it goes yellow, as you see fit.

-Credit to wow head.

fbb7f8127cca314565a33dfc90fa9d3e.png

https://gyazo.com/fbb7f8127cca314565a33dfc90fa9d3e

Shattrath Flasks are a method of shirking alchemy for pots minus a few that are till considered BIS. IN order to open the Vendor for these Flasks you must first obtain either Aldor or Scryers Exalted and then follow up WIth Cenarian Expidition and then Shat'ar. The vendors where these are available are located in either scryers tier or aldor rise in the bank portions of the respective factions. For Scryers it is Arcanist Xorith and for Aldor it is Haldor the Compulsive. If you've ever wondered what Mark of the Illidari is partly used for besides annoying unsellable bag space then here it is! These items can be sold and purchased off of the AH but no vendored and can be obtained from all t5-t6 raid content. These flasks are as follows

1. 72d0d3963f98fbcb54e09050fffb9f19.png

https://gyazo.com/72d0d3963f98fbcb54e09050fffb9f19
  2. d8704704529c640d830dd30a3a2d3e08.png

https://gyazo.com/d8704704529c640d830dd30a3a2d3e08
  3. 715cefde00d93ecbadb31fb11adf081d.png

https://gyazo.com/715cefde00d93ecbadb31fb11adf081d
  4. ab489c73ac6839d38a5f12ffcefa1382.png

https://gyazo.com/ab489c73ac6839d38a5f12ffcefa1382
  5. de1281d9952f07001acc719b2fde8b6d.png

https://gyazo.com/de1281d9952f07001acc719b2fde8b6d
  6. 6cd6bcca8eaf6c113bad17737c1afdd8.png

https://gyazo.com/6cd6bcca8eaf6c113bad17737c1afdd8
These potions are a must have for all 70 twinks interested in raiding since they are easily obtained and do not waste mats to create and are bis for most classes and specs.

I hope you all find this guide to be informative and not lacking in any aspect. I plan on adding guides for the other professions slowly but as of now i decided to try and get the current BIS ones out on a guide for easy access to help toons ready for the new patch. i will also add a reputation guide soon on all the important 70 reputations in depth. Also a link to The BIS Gear Compendium by FX to see where some of these tie into gear BIS.

[doublepost=1515268406,1515266758][/doublepost]@Zoke @Chey @Onlydreams @Shinela

Last edited:
Primal Leg Reinforcements For agility based DPS, Heavy Leg Reinforcementsfor str based dps and Heavy Leg Reinforcements for tanks

You got the strength ones wrong :p http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124569/draconic-leg-reinforcements Here's the proper one ^.^
[doublepost=1520216652,1520216291][/doublepost]"Design: Figurine - Shadowsong Panther is a widely used dueling trinket for it's on use ap proc and it's very fast cd. This pattern is sold by Eldara Dawnrunner. Who also sells quite a few other niche trinkets for reputation. "

http://www.wowhead.com/item=24128/figurine-nightseye-panther wouldn't this be the better one? It lasts a bit shorter but it gives more. I guess the cooldown is a turn-off, perhaps. But it does give 11 more AP. You can get it from the Cenarion Expedition at Revered.

Primal Leg Reinforcements For agility based DPS, Heavy Leg Reinforcementsfor str based dps and Heavy Leg Reinforcements for tanks

You got the strength ones wrong :p http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124569/draconic-leg-reinforcements Here's the proper one ^.^
[doublepost=1520216652,1520216291][/doublepost]"Design: Figurine - Shadowsong Panther is a widely used dueling trinket for it's on use ap proc and it's very fast cd. This pattern is sold by Eldara Dawnrunner. Who also sells quite a few other niche trinkets for reputation. "

http://www.wowhead.com/item=24128/figurine-nightseye-panther wouldn't this be the better one? It lasts a bit shorter but it gives more. I guess the cooldown is a turn-off, perhaps. But it does give 11 more AP. You can get it from the Cenarion Expedition at Revered.
fixed, thank you haha

I would also advice shortening down the Engineering one a little later on :p Anyway! Uhm..

Spinal Healing Injector(425 engineering and is learned from a discovery by Cataclysm recipe) is a popular one for it's ability to net you a large heal with a CD of only a minute.

You should probably mention that this shares cooldowns with pots like Haste Potion etc, whilst regular healing potions do not. That's one of the reasons I didn't use Spinal during progressions. But for soloing etc it's definitely good :)
[doublepost=1520216963,1520216773][/doublepost]"and Schematic: Jeeves(450 engineering and the highest drop chance being at the Library Guardian at 0.01% drop rate)most useful of the 2 doubling as a repair bot/vendor and a bank."

The droprate is quite a bit higher, it only shows so low because it doesn't drop for non engineers! Not sure what the real droprate is, I got it around 20-ish kills, many others can confirm this if they farmed it too.

that trinket is more ap, but the lower cd on the epic version makes it more versatile since it comes up off cd for multiple duels in faster rotations etc

http://www.wowhead.com/item=35717/shattrath-flask-of-blinding-light
Shattrath Flask increases spell damage, this is old wording where healing and damage was separate. Holy and nature spell damage basically means the damage dealt, but this doesn't include healing. It might be that this has changed to meaning spell power since, without updating the wording. However the regular Flask used to say spell damage too and has since become spell power. Tomorrow I will test to see if the shattrath flask actually does affect healing too.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=22861/flask-of-blinding-light
This on the other hand reads Spell Power. This will guaranteed give you more healing, at least.

Haven't seen anyone mention the advantages of Alchemy in this bracket. I've been really happy with it as a profession though; the Flask gives +33 to main stat, and the Alchemist Stones are pretty dope, bumping my Healing Injectors (BC) up to a ~2900 heal. Even if you want to supply consumable flasks to your twink instead, I haven't seen any that give nearly +33, so it seems like a solid upgrade to me. Also you can go in an arena with out it costing your consumable.

Anyone have any thoughts or counter-points?

Last edited:
Haven't seen anyone mention the advantages of Alchemy in this bracket. I've been really happy with it as a profession though; the Flask gives +33 to main stat, and the Alchemist Stones are pretty dope, bumping my Healing Injectors (BC) up to a ~2900 heal. Even if you want to supply consumable flasks to your twink instead, I haven't seen any that give nearly +33, so it seems like a solid upgrade to me. Also you can go in an arena with out it costing your consumable.

Anyone have any thoughts or counter-points?
Is this at 79 or 70 and until bfa this was just a bis profession guide. It needs updating but if I see it being useful I could put it in the revised one with useful professions as well

Is this at 79 or 70 and until bfa this was just a bis profession guide. It needs updating but if I see it being useful I could put it in the revised one with useful professions as well

This is at 79. What I was saying is that Alchemy is a contender for a BiS Profession. Not if your focus is arena ofc, but the Stone and the Flask alone give Alchemy alot of impact.

Admittedly it depends on your consumable mentality, being 79 and play focus, so BiS may be pushing it. For how I play, Engy/Alchemy is really strong.

Last edited:
This is at 79. What I was saying is that Alchemy is a contender for a BiS Profession. Not if your focus is arena ofc, but the Stone and the Flask alone give Alchemy alot of impact.

Admittedly it depends on your consumable mentality, being 79 and play focus, so BiS may be pushing it. For how I play, Engy/Alchemy is really strong.
well atm, this is for 70 bis(not updated, but when updated may add for 79 too), and if i remember right the alchemy flask at 70 is a solid 10 less then at 79, i could be wrong. I also can see alchemy being good for bg start 79 twinks, especially if your twink is new and you do not have the older grandfathered eng tinkers etc

Oh, I see what you're saying, this has been exclusively for 70s. This forum in particular is weirdly divided - wish it was more clear where the space for 79's was.

Either way in the case of purely 70s, I completely rescind my BiS remarks.

Oh, I see what you're saying, this has been exclusively for 70s. This forum in particular is weirdly divided - wish it was more clear where the space for 79's was.

this entire bracket is dominated by 70s. and generally, if you roll a 79, youre gonna be alone. no one will invite you to raids, and no one will pvp with you unless its also a 79 friend. its good that there is more activity in the bracket, but tbh id prefer if there was a separate forum entirely for 79s.

No disrespect, but there is not as large a community to create things like this for 79 atm, and I don’t know 79 well since I don’t play it, I try to keep up and do my research so I can help when needed. But if 79s would work with me for there own bis lists etc I wouldn’t mind doing it

Is engineering still worth it? Levelling a priest shadow/holy but dont see many using the trinket nowadays. Tinkers dont bother me that much.
What else would you recommend? Was thinking inscription for enchant but not sure yet

For 79 at least I'm pretty underwhelmed with Engineering. Currently Alchemy/Engineer, probably going to drop engy for leatherworking to get the proprietary leg patch. Alchemy is great for the flask giving +33 main stat but if you have a different toon that is an alchemist you might just supply flasks to your twink and choose a different prof, but honestly I'm not so sure any of the other options give you much at 79 at least. 70's do use some of the JC trinkets and neck maybe, could be worth it for them.

before the 14th anniv ends, create as many lvl1 as you possibly can, loot your mailbox for the anniv package especially the 200 TW currency .. you can use them later when the TW vendors appear to exchange for rep, every 21 toons will help you reach from 0 rep to exalted, so if you can create extra 42 toons you can raise 2 rep of your choice to exalted .. you can always delete these toons later

Users who are viewing this thread