Optional Exile Reach Quests

First time trying a lvl10 twink.

I've done Exile Reach with my pure f2p monk. But I ended up at level 10 + 80% exp to level 11 when I reached Stormwind. Running to Stormwind Keep for the XPoff NPC granted me some extra exp for exploring SW map that almost level me up to 11. Are there some quests in Exile Reach that are optional? What is the minimum work required to leave Exile Reach?

And what should I do now with my extra exp? Since according to this https://xpoff.com/threads/retail-power-level-tier-list.98933/, having more than 30% exp pass level 10 will get u some penalty. Should I play a level 11 monk instead?

Last edited:
First time trying a lvl10 twink.

I've done Exile Reach with my pure f2p monk. But I ended up at level 10 + 80% exp to level 11 when I reached Stormwind. Running to Stormwind Keep for the XPoff NPC granted me some extra exp for exploring SW map that almost level me up to 11. Are there some quests in Exile Reach that are optional? What is the minimum work required to leave Exile Reach?

And what should I do now with my extra exp? Since according to this https://xpoff.com/threads/retail-power-level-tier-list.98933/, having more than 30% exp pass level 10 will get u some penalty. Should I play a level 11 monk instead?

You've probably figured this out since this post, but I'll say it anyway:
Avoid the "rare" spawns and treasures around the zone. They all give extra experience and are not required to complete the zone.
Obviously, don't kill more mobs than absolutely necessary for quests, either.
And I believe the only skippable quest is the one to kill the bear elite and loot the treasure in its cave. The one you pick up from the signpost. Skip that.
Maaaaybe the Lightspawn speed buff quest would be skippable too? I've never tried, but I've always done it anyway and not had any issues getting out at level 10 under 30% exp.

The command mentioned above seems interesting though. I usually pick Exiles Reach because it's faster to level to 10 in than a non-Allied Race normal starting zone so I don't particularly want to use it, but it's neat that you can do that.

Stay away from the chests you see on your radar!

*When using /run C_Tutorial.AbandonTutorialArea() be ready for some weird interface bugs for a while when interacting with any mouseover quest items. If you experience "too many" bugs or glitches try disabling your addons and try again.

I've used this script before and it was a weird but handy experience.

GOOD LUCK!

does the script only for echo isles? will it work on other race/class tutorials?

My latest character is stuck on the boat. I did the normal quests to pass out and wake up on the island but instead of loading the cinematic the screen just went black. A few minutes later the screen came back and I was still on the boat. There is no way for me to die on the ship and the unstuck feature leaves me still on the boat and the above script does nothing. Is this character just stuck there until one of the two live GMs reads my ticket and feels like helping?

Found a fix; used a heartstone toy (Innkeeper's Daughter) and it teleported me into the middle of the north sea which eventually got me killed from fatigue. Which teleported me to the gates of stormwind as a ghost.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread