Opinions of Speed Potions and other consumables

Recluse

Grandfathered
In response to a thread that I began last week, there are many people who feel that Speed Potions and other consumables are a crutch. These items are not available to the entire community, and many people have strong opinions.

As a rogue, it is sometimes impossible to track down and kill an enemy flag carrier. When a worgen can racial sprint, or a druid dash away, it is my duty to catch them at any cost. If I can use a speed pot to gain advantage over the EFC I will. This isn't in every situation, but rogue consumables are very important to me. Druids are fast as fuck, and to limit the use of a speed potion because it's 'unfair' seems silly to me.

So I ask, why is speed potting a crutch? Are only certain people allowed to use speed potions? When would it be deemed 'okay' to use a consumable?

speed pots are a pretty cheap easy way to fc or kill an efc and in almost every situation you can compensate for them by playing/positioning etc better

in my experience they've always been frowned upon by "respectable" twinks as unnecessary but in this dirty bracket of BMs and ferals anything goes really

i would prefer it if consumables were banned from bgs like in wargames but if everybody uses them it makes no difference

use them
use lots of them

Considering druids essentially have a blink, higher base movement speed in travel form, a sprint ability, the ability to change to a tank class, and the ability to completely remove any slows, I feel potions are completely fine for classes that don't have such luxuries. I don't really have a clear line of rules where and where not these consumable should be used.

If you don't like consumables then play RBGs/Arena at 100. This bracket is for activity and quick que pops. We don't need to give away money, advertise in trade or call for a Revival. Hell we don't even need leadership to secure activity. No one plays this bracket for competition it's strictly for $h¥t & GigGles.

If you don't like consumables then play RBGs/Arena at 100. This bracket is for activity and quick que pops. We don't need to give away money, advertise in trade or call for a Revival. Hell we don't even need leadership to secure activity. No one plays this bracket for competition it's strictly for $h¥t & GigGles.

I play this bracket for competition. FoTm 29s me and my gmates find it fun to slaughter them and drink their gushing blood that drips from their ripped torsos and slit eyeballs onto their genitals from were we lay with mouth wide open to taste and full fill our thirst.

And for competition I queue war games against skilled 20s ;P

I play this bracket for competition. FoTm 29s me and my gmates find it fun to slaughter them and drink their gushing blood that drips from their ripped torsos and slit eyeballs onto their genitals from were we lay with mouth wide open to taste and full fill our thirst.

And for competition I queue war games against skilled 20s ;P

if you play this bracket for competition, the jokes on you & your Gmates. Seriously, no trolling.

I don't really have a clear line of rules where and where not these consumable should be used.
Dont use Pots when u want to be respected by your opponents- theres your line. Also its a matter of dignity.
Potting on CD and wasting Drums vs. PuGs got a lot of ppl an awesome reputation (EU).

Dont use Pots when u want to be respected by your opponents- theres your line. Also its a matter of dignity.
Potting on CD and wasting Drums vs. PuGs got a lot of ppl an awesome reputation (EU).

People play druids and BMs in this bracket, I hardly think anyone is going to refrain from speedpoting.

People play druids and BMs in this bracket, I hardly think anyone is going to refrain from speedpoting.

I rly dont care about ferals/bm cause even if they top charts everyfuckingbody knows about fotm atm. Same went with hunters in their time etc.
So rather than starting an if/if not-controversy just dont use it. Feral kills u? Wow so much skill. Feral kills u with SP? Wow so much skill². Does rly anybody care about this?
I dont remember any Feralnames from last weeks I met in BGs/Arenas...

Like I wrote, if ppl want appreciation for their doing and play it goes a lot faster without "drugs".
When I say "speedpotting rogue" or "speedpotting druid" EU-players instantly have names in their mind. Is this what ppl want to be remembered as? Even if they were/are good it doesnt matter cause all u remember is "yeh that dude totally needed the pots".

if you play this bracket for competition, the jokes on you & your Gmates. Seriously, no trolling.
Pretty much this.

There was some discussion when 29s were revived, if we were going to have competitive games, the decision was overwhelmingly no, if only from tacit approval of consumables by many players. So, you don't have to worry about any of those competitive games happening in this bracket anymore, so go to town on speedpots.

Do 19s play their bracket for shits and giggles?
no, 19s are srs bsns.

Last edited by a moderator:
speed pots are a pretty cheap easy way to fc or kill an efc and in almost every situation you can compensate for them by playing/positioning etc better

in my experience they've always been frowned upon by "respectable" twinks as unnecessary but in this dirty bracket of BMs and ferals anything goes really

i would prefer it if consumables were banned from bgs like in wargames but if everybody uses them it makes no difference
This^
Considering druids essentially have a blink, higher base movement speed in travel form, a sprint ability, the ability to change to a tank class, and the ability to completely remove any slows, I feel potions are completely fine for classes that don't have such luxuries. I don't really have a clear line of rules where and where not these consumable should be used.
Every class have their differences, just druids have shifts in shit, but do they have a 1.2k opener? Interrupts? AoE slow? Every class has its perks. You just have to use your class' abilities combined with good positioning to counter your opponent's.
In response to a thread that I began last week, there are many people who feel that Speed Potions and other consumables are a crutch. These items are not available to the entire community, and many people have strong opinions.

As a rogue, it is sometimes impossible to track down and kill an enemy flag carrier. When a worgen can racial sprint, or a druid dash away, it is my duty to catch them at any cost. If I can use a speed pot to gain advantage over the EFC I will. This isn't in every situation, but rogue consumables are very important to me. Druids are fast as fuck, and to limit the use of a speed potion because it's 'unfair' seems silly to me.

So I ask, why is speed potting a crutch? Are only certain people allowed to use speed potions? When would it be deemed 'okay' to use a consumable?
Everyone have access to speed pots

Users who are viewing this thread