One of the hardest decisions of my life.

Captain

•ßøbbÿ• ;p
Soon the time will come, as much as I would like to deny it. The time will come for me to choose weather to live with my mother or my father.

Its really hard to switch back and forth between 2 different lives and lifestyles. I love both of my parents to death, and even with their flaws, I couldn't ask for better ones.

Unfortunately, my parents divorce didn't go smooth. They hate both of each other now, and they both tell me what terrible things the other did and whos fault it was. I don't know who to believe, and thats one of the hardest things about divorce. I wish I could just remember my life when I was 3, I wouldn't have to play these games and try to guess who is telling the truth. This means my parents will refuse to even talk on the phone (Either they make me be the messenger, or text in emergencies).

My dad has just been able to get himself an apartment, after losing his house and living with my uncle for about 2 years. He tries so hard to make me laugh and to let me know that he'll do anything for me. Wherever I choose to go, I made a promise to finish my schooling and get a better life for my father.

My mom is living an easier life, promising me a car and education. and

im sorry and cant go ojn anymore, this is too hard. I jsut would like some input with someone who has gone through this, I really dont know who to talk to. I dont want to tell my friends because i might have to tell them i wont see them again. Most of the people here help me, even though there are toxic people, this place is like a family to me because of how much time ive put into it. -Bobby

I'm sure whom you ever decide to live with the other will get over it because they are your parents.

In your heart I'm sure you already know what you should do. Follow it, living with one doesn't mean you can't see the other right?

It's not like your going to live with them for ever anyways, your going to be a man someday. I'm sure it will work out in the end, I know your in the thick of it and it's tough but be positive, stay strong and you can make it out fine mate.

Support both parents and love them how you always have been. Things will be different but through love and time things will get easier.

Hope this helps bud!

P.S: My parents have divorced also.

Last edited:
Write to them or call the other one regularly when you aren't able to see them. They'd enjoy that

Captain,

Here’s thoughts from a father’s side, I too divorced, my wife (ex) and I didn’t see eye to eye either. She had custody. I had visitation. Not what I wanted, as I wanted my daughter with me not her. But since I could not I decided I could do everything I could so she wouldn’t need anything (I did). And with time the ex and I grew to understand how to be good parents separately, with the same goal.

Today my daughter loves us both equally. She can talk about it in a positive way. See even though she didn’t live with me she knew me, she could rely on me. I was her father.

It wasn’t always easy, hell life isn’t easy. But if you work hard at everything/anything it will reward.

All I can suggest is communication between you and both your parents. Make sure they understand how you feel. And like Livingforce said things will be different, but everything changes as we grow.

Depending on how old you are, you could try to stand on your own feet if you don't like the situation you're in. Get a student apartment. This option varies depending on your financial standing.

If you love both your parents equally, and can't draw any guilt, then you should live with whoever gives you the comfortable lifestyle, i.e. who is close to your school, where your friends are etc. etc. If you can't weigh pros and cons on your parents alone, weigh them elsewhere. It might sound cold, but hey, that's logic. I'm bad with feelings. :/

Living with one doesn't necessarily mean you don't get to see the other. I can imagine that bouncing back and forth between different locations can be a hassle. Also, who knows, when things cool down it might be more smooth between all parties.

Good luck and fortune to you. :)

parents who don't stick together until their kids got a life of their own are a disgrace.

Whatever happens, always remember that family is everything. You are very fortunate to have one. Some people are not so fortunate.

/cheers

Yo idk how old you are but I split time (1-2 weeks at one house then the other) between my parents homes until I left for college because they lived in the same town.

If your parents live further apart I'd go to the parent who lived near the people/school/place I wanted to be around.

I wish I had told my parents sooner than I did as it was sorta too late when I told them because I was almost 18 but I flat out told my parents how selfish and immature they were being putting me in the middle of their problems and trying to tell me the other parent was in the wrong ect that they as my parents needed to grow up and realize that no matter how they felt about the other I loved them both and they still had a kid to raise and it was in their best interest to work together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread