PTR Old Vet Returns to Twinking, State of 19s on PTR

Been awhile since I had a lvl 19 twink, early WotLK was probably my last BG, but I've been excited to get back into lowbie competitive PvPing.

This is post SL (pre patch too) level 19, not live level 19.

Here's my thoughts on 19's on the pre-patch.

• Shadowlands, is more like Burninglands for any toon who wishes to PvP at 19, 29, 39 & 49. TBC was very liberal with its application of gem slot gear, so most of the gears you'll be farming will be coming from TBC dungeons.
  • Did see that level 29 rings are however going to come from WotLK Jewel Crafting.
  • Mastery doesn't exist in gems until Cata, which will mean only the 39 bracket will use them
  • Almost all crafted gear is no longer BiS, most crafted gear will be on the 5's (15,25,35,45) and 50, some will have higher or lower levels, but X0's was the most common
  • 19's do not have access to crafted rings and necklaces with gem slots.
  • If there is a dedicated level 50 bracket, its gear selection will be massive.
  • Speed increasing gems, with the exception of metas are level 50 required now.
  • Engineering will be the number 1 best profession for all twinks even far more than it is now, you'll have access to the consumables of Vanilla to BFA at a much lower level than you will the gear
  • Best gems for 19 twinks are the epic TBC and WotLK epic ones, so start farming those old Dalaran JC tokens
  • I still don't know if Demon Hunters can be in level 19s bracket in an appreciable way, I'm about 25% done with the Demon Hunter starting intro and am already level 14, might level out of 19's before you can leave the starting zone.

Been awhile since I had a lvl 19 twink, early WotLK was probably my last BG, but I've been excited to get back into lowbie competitive PvPing.

This is post SL (pre patch too) level 19, not live level 19.

Here's my thoughts on 19's on the pre-patch.

• Shadowlands, is more like Burninglands for any toon who wishes to PvP at 19, 29, 39 & 49. TBC was very liberal with its application of gem slot gear, so most of the gears you'll be farming will be coming from TBC dungeons.
  • Did see that level 29 rings are however going to come from WotLK Jewel Crafting.
  • Mastery doesn't exist in gems until Cata, which will mean only the 39 bracket will use them
  • Almost all crafted gear is no longer BiS, most crafted gear will be on the 5's (15,25,35,45) and 50, some will have higher or lower levels, but X0's was the most common
  • 19's do not have access to crafted rings and necklaces with gem slots.
  • If there is a dedicated level 50 bracket, its gear selection will be massive.
  • Speed increasing gems, with the exception of metas are level 50 required now.
  • Engineering will be the number 1 best profession for all twinks even far more than it is now, you'll have access to the consumables of Vanilla to BFA at a much lower level than you will the gear
  • Best gems for 19 twinks are the epic TBC and WotLK epic ones, so start farming those old Dalaran JC tokens
  • I still don't know if Demon Hunters can be in level 19s bracket in an appreciable way, I'm about 25% done with the Demon Hunter starting intro and am already level 14, might level out of 19's before you can leave the starting zone.
I've finished the DH starting zone with about 200xp left and my questing was far from optimized so it is possible.

Mastery doesn't exist in gems until Cata, which will mean only the 39 bracket will use them

What is the minimum level requirement for cata gems in SL?

Best gems for 19 twinks are the epic TBC and WotLK epic ones, so start farming those old Dalaran JC tokens

I thought TBC epic gems weren't available until 27 in SL? What stats are you seeing for the epic TBC and WotLK gems at 19?

What is the minimum level requirement for cata gems in SL?

I thought TBC epic gems weren't available until 27 in SL? What stats are you seeing for the epic TBC and WotLK gems at 19?

Thats the dungeon drop gems from bosses in tbc hc dungs which has some really nice gems but hc dungeons require 27.
Crafted gems shouldnt have a lvl req and they should only be bis for strenght classes that cant use Potent/Deadly Ornate Topaz.

Users who are viewing this thread