Old Ironjaw - Worth the Time & Effort?

Ferib

Grandfathered
Hello,

The Old Ironjaw and Old Crafty are both ilvl 20 Off-hand weapons with 5 stamina stats.
The item itself has no level requirement, but the only way to obtaion this is by fishing.
Fishing itself requires level 5 to learn, so the minimum level for the off-hand is 5.

It might be a time consuming processe to fish for the off-hand. but it might be worth you time.
At the end you not only get a Off-Hand but also an achievement.

I have been fishing a couple of hours for Old Ironjaw, and the results are below.
i fished up a total of 411 fish, and i got 2 Old Ironjaws at the end.

Iron jaw has 5 stamina 10 intellect now, which can easily replace furbolg Medicine pouch due to its level 45 requirement. I’m pretty sure it’s the new BIS offhand for level 5-15.

Unfortunately, it’s so rare that people have recorded over 4,000 casts and not one single Iron Jaw on the fishing line. OP got extremely lucky.

I have gotten them a few times, and never found Iron Jaw or Crafty to take nearly as long as Sea Turtle or the Giant Rat. :p

Have two ironjaws. Glad it’s useful again. Sadly it won’t even make my FC set as some swords have 5 stam.

Have two ironjaws. Glad it’s useful again. Sadly it won’t even make my FC set as some swords have 5 stam.

True, I believe some boe off hands have better stats at 19.

You shouldn’t have posted this rusks has already brought it to blizzards attention and Voc bumped it

@MYT no i didn't ? this isn't op if it only has 5 stam 10 int

what are the stats if you loot it at 19?

@MYT no i didn't ? this isn't op if it only has 5 stam 10 int

what are the stats if you loot it at 19?
Just caught the fish on my level 7 and the stats are now 4 Stamina 8 intellect. The fish also no longer has an item level anymore, as it used to be ilvl 20 in the past.

For 19’s, you would be better off using the stronger blue PvP crate offhand.

Yeah the blue pvp crate offhand or even the ilvl 24 green offhands provide 5stam/10int/2-3secondary/2-3seconday

Took about 450fishes for it to drop.
On my lvl 5 it gives 8int 4stam and that makes it bis. Cannot enchant it anymore it seems.
Was really hoping it would be enchantable, oh well. Still better than BOA offhand for 5-9’s.

Users who are viewing this thread