US Old Content Progression Project <OCPP> Recruitment

Racelvis

Legend
Hey just a quick post about an Alliance side Proudmoore community I'm starting for anyone interested in doing some older content in a progression style. I'm very familiar with the general changes and scaling issues affecting old content and have made some restrictions aimed solely at making the older pve content a bit more challenging and attempt to have fun playing it with each other. This is just a small friend group thing that I decided to expand out if anyone out there was interested. The in game Community title is the title of this post.
We are starting with level 60 just for continuity's sake and plan to move on after whatever milestones we deem good enough i.e. clearing every raid, getting legendaries, etc. to be determined.
We will GLADLY power level you to 60 to dampen the leveling grind, I'm very familiar with how to dungeon grind to level quickly. We will also attempt to support you if you plan to roll on Proudmoore, but it IS cross server if you would rather stay on your own server.
Also, if you determine your stat priority for any given spec, I will gladly personally put together a dungeon gear BiS list for you. I'm in the process of testing as many trinkets and other procs as I can to determine what's good as well.
It's semi roleplay as the aim is to somewhat replicate playing the content as it was, and the only restrictions in place aim solely to counteract some of the ridiculous changes that recent patches such as 7.3.5 have made to gearing, and are still being discussed and open to changes and thoughts.

Restrictions:
  • No classes not available at the time(shaman is okay despite being Alliance). Kind of obvious and basic project rule, but any race is fine.
  • Only gear from certain dungeons are allowed. This is an effort to counteract how odd it is that some classes BiS can come from Deadmines or RFC now that all dungeons scale, as well as some of the remade dungeons that had gear changes that weren't in vanilla such as RFK or Scholo. The only dungeon's gear we are using are: BRD, DM, LBRS, Mara, Strath, Sunken Temple, Ulda and ZF.
  • No quest gear, to counteract the annoying random upgrades that could make or break someone's entire BiS if they don't get the upgrade on some trinket they wanted. Not to mention most vanilla zones were remade in Cata anyways. Subject to change, especially when we move to TBC.
  • Group Finder is allowed but we've found it's mostly easier to farm with just our group anyways so we can skip things and coordinate at our leisure. Group sizes for dungeons and raids should be as small as necessary to create a challenge. i.e. we have been running a 1 tank 1 healer 1 dps through dungeons so far and it has been a good size so far. We have yet to get to raids, and will determine suggested group size for it later.
  • Of course no getting run through content for anything, especially raids. We're just trying to have fun with this, not go overboard tryhard with it.
  • TENTATIVE: We may or may not force upgrading from dungeon gear to raid gear, considering how nearly every content tier now ends up with dungeon gear being better than even the highest raid difficulty gear due to the scaling affecting dungeon gear and not raid gear. This is very tentative, but is likely going to be implemented just so that we don't go the entire expansion never putting on new gear after dungeons.
Other than that, there shouldn't be any other restrictions. Heirlooms for leveling are fine but replaced asap at 60, flying is fine, mog is fine, auction house use for professions and such is fine, etc. The point is just to make the content itself fun, not the typical whole project experience. Just the endgame content. :)
Recruiting all roles and classes, current class list is:
Tank
  • Prot Warrior
Healer
  • Disc Priest
DPS
  • Arcane Mage
  • Ele Shaman
Please keep in mind this is a really really small friend project, and a lot of the things restricted are because it is what makes it fun for us, and this post is SOLELY to see if there's anyone else who happens to be interested in doing it this way for a fun side project. We'd love to have you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread