old ass game went f2p

I won't believe milennials'd play this even free. Community should be +30 years old. Maybe i can try it a bit in my spare time. Gaming gets boring because of immatures or i'm getting too old for these s.hit.

I won't believe milennials'd play this even free. Community should be +30 years old.

depends on how young a person started
i was around 7 when this game lost a massive player base due to a hated patch
much like star wars galaxies

i just had the benefit of being exposed to this stuff early on at a really young age
thanks to a super nerd cousin
otherwise i would have missed a lot of this shit in favor of you know
playing outside

I won't believe milennials'd play this even free. Community should be +30 years old. Maybe i can try it a bit in my spare time. Gaming gets boring because of immatures or i'm getting too old for these s.hit.
You must be fun at parties

just an update

cant seem to access the bank at all on f2p toons in this game
which is a major game killer

rip UO
you old hag

uninstalled

inc long post
tl;dr @ bottom of post

i guess i never actually uninstalled
and randomly decided to dive in last night

to clarify my previous point
i was under the wrong impression that banks dont work for pure f2p players in this game
i have found out that was only a glitch present during the client transition
and was able to mess around a bit with my character's bank box
which is still severely limited in number of items you can store

however the fun xpoff relevant part about this game
is in the starter newbie quests you can undertake for some unique rewards

give a little background on the game before i explain the quests

point 1

this game is skill based
no levels
so the entire character progressions is based around raising your skill value by using the particular skill
if you want to raise swordsmanship
equip a sword and go hit shit with it

there is a total cap of 700 skill points you can distribute onto a character in any way
most people used to pick 7 skills to take each to 100 in the older expansions
while others would make less mastered but more jack of all trades templates without taking everything to 100
or at least they did until they raised the individual maximum skill cap to 120

and now people usually do 6 skills at 120
these collection of skills are called templates

when you start a character you get to distribute 120 skill points across 4 skills
each skill capped at 50 for character creation

the plan is to pick the skills that would be harder to train or that require more resources to train
like healing (bandages) skill or any of the magic school skills like chivalry magery or necromancy

however the newbie starting zone allows you to train another skill to 50 through a quest
and get a sweet (blessed) piece of weapon or armor as a reward
which brings me to

point 2

this game is hard
or it used to be
the way pvp used to work
if you died
all your items were actually left on your corpse for everyone to loot
looting player or NPC corpses was a criminal action
but if outside of protection of town guards
its not that big of a deal to be flagged a criminal for a few minutes in order to come up on another players inventory

the game did not have any epic weapons that gave epic stat boosts
the most you would get is like +4 dmg modifier on a weapon
and if you are lucky you would get a few charges of a spell proc on a weapon
but because of limited charges
it was only good for a short amount of time

the game did have a few (blessed) items because otherwise it would take too long to constantly build up spell books for mages and necromancers and stuff
(blessed) items stay on your ghost and do not drop with your corpse when you die
these items were usually spellbooks and other really important items that no one could afford to buy every time they died

enter newbie quests in the newbie starting zone
not all of them
but maybe half of them reward some sort of blessed item that will never drop if you die
some of them have the benefit of regenerating durability too

i slowly started making tons of characters to grind these newbie quests
as the forums indicate some of these blessed armor pieces and weapons along with some craft utility items are commonly sought out by people with no more character slots on their account

tl;dr:
bank works for free to play players
buncha cool sought after items to farm with a ton of easy newbie quests (1 per character)
might still uninstall if i get bored of farming these damn blessed items
might post pics

Last edited:
You carebears won’t like that game. It was before my time as a gamer but other MYT founders played it. The fact that you lose like 10% of your total XP and everything you’re carrying or have equipped can be looted is too hard core for you.

You carebears won’t like that game. It was before my time as a gamer but other MYT founders played it. The fact that you lose like 10% of your total XP and everything you’re carrying or have equipped can be looted is too hard core for you.
hifriend;o
ultimaonline is it is not existing "xp".

30 year-olds are millennials.

People play permadeath in games. Get over yourself.

You mean in games where you fight dragons pve’er? ;)
IEK57Oj.png

Users who are viewing this thread