Old 70 pvp gear having hidden Vers?

Boostz

Boostz or Boots
So with the changes to HoA today and whatnot I've been going back over gear, and noticed that my season 3 and season 4 pvp gear is showing more vers applied than on the gear when comparing to other items.

Equipping them gives the hidden amount of vers.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    654 KB · Views: 345
I'm at area 52 now. It's all over the place. Every piece of season 4 and the guardian off-pieces give more vers than shown.

Older sets, some do, some don't.

Hmm, okay i just checked my old 70 pvp gear I have in the bank on my DK and the stats were showing normal versatility levels. I'll have to check out newly bought pieces.

Can I ask what season the ones in your bank are? I had some old pieces, but they were all season 3-4. At area 52 it seems to be in line that the higher the season the bigger the bonus.

Can I ask what season the ones in your bank are? I had some old pieces, but they were all season 3-4. At area 52 it seems to be in line that the higher the season the bigger the bonus.

It was the season 4 PvP gear on my DK. And has been sitting in my bank for awhile now. Ill go check other characters that have the season 4 gear too.

Thanks. After comparing, it seems season 3's gear is the best in terms of stats. Season 2 offers slightly more vers but at a loss of stam/main stat.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    525 KB · Views: 140
Neat find, yea on my level 39 rogue an old Season 4 PvP helm shows +4 versatility, but gives +8! Really interesting, I wonder if there are other misleading tooltips.

I originally thought my PvP gear (Brutal Gladiator, whichever season that was), was providing extra vers. Turns out the real culprit was that my Magister's Terrace gear wasn't giving socket bonuses the way it said it did. Are you wearing any Magister's Terrace gear?

This is funny to keep reading, but the real culprit was the change from spirit to vers. For some reason when spirit was converted on the pvp gear, it was just not placed on the normal place on the gear, some addons display it but the normal ui only shows you when you compare the item. It’s not hidden vers just the conversion. Some of the other pieces are because of the conversion of some versions of old resilience also being converted to vers, hence why some sets that had no spirit no longer have the resilience values but instead the vers. It makes a lot of the pieces super good for vers stacking in our bracket. Hope this helps

I originally thought my PvP gear (Brutal Gladiator, whichever season that was), was providing extra vers. Turns out the real culprit was that my Magister's Terrace gear wasn't giving socket bonuses the way it said it did. Are you wearing any Magister's Terrace gear?

No I don't. My shoulders and helm are azerite and have no secondary stats whatsoever. My 7 vers helm was showing 19 vers when comparing, shoulders were showing extra as well.

Seems to be as Blackberryy mentioned above, I did consider it was something to do with resilience.

I discovered this on my mage year or two ago so it was present during BFA also, and the hidden vers is present on most of old TBC gladiator items that had weird stats on them such as mana per 5 , spirit , spell power (all those got converted into vers) and the resilience they've had on them also got changed into vers, so issue comes from 2 different sources giving vers.
wrist and feet I got equipped on my mage in sig give 4 more vers than actually shown

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread