OHFHK's 2v2 Tournament - Week 3

#Vegeta

Grandfathered
<Only Here For HK's> Weekly 2v2 Tournament - Week 3 11/1/15 3 PM EST

We had a great turnout last week, 16 teams played, Congrats to Team <Rank One> Naxx/Riot of <Anodyne> for bringing home the win!

The games this week will be on Sunday, November 1st ** 3 PM EST **

This week's games will be played on Sunday @ 3pm EST due to Haloween. I personally have kids and will be taking them trick or treating and feel moving it up this week would benefit most people.
We are planning on streaming this week's games on the twitch.tv/thenwl channel. To speed along the process we are looking for an additional 1-2 streamers if possible.
Also due to the games being streamed and the amount of teams that participated we are moving the weekly time up from 9 PM EST to 7 PM EST to make it more time efficient.

The prize will be 1 SHADOWFANG to each member of the winning team.

Rules are as follows:

-No Ferals OR BREWS
-WW, Ret, and ALL Warriors must use EleForce/Potency
-DPS/Tank Spec CANNOT Weapon Swap
-No Double Heals
-No Double Classes
-Ferocious Bite is banned
(at least this week), it had alot of negative feedback yesterday.

We are working to find the perfect balance, so any input is appreciated and will go into consideration for next week's rules.

WE ARE NOW LIFTING THE REQUIREMENT TO BE IN ONE OF THE GUILDS TO PARTICIPATE FOR PRIZES!!!

This week we are putting a 16 team cap, unless we are able to find an additional 1-2 streamers. We are allowing 4 additional teams to sign up in case of no shows.
If we do happen to get an additional streamer we will raise the cap up to 20 to start.

To sign up, comment on here with YOUR TOON'S LINK, YOUR PARTNER'S TOON'S LINK, AND YOUR TEAM NAME. Please do in the correct format to assure you get signed up.

The tree will be randomly generated through challonge and the teams will face each other for the best 2 out of 3 games.
There will be a loser's bracket so even if you lose your first match-up, you will still have a shot for the prize.

Participating Teams:

Team 1:<Funk Volume>
Zurron, Flip

Team 2: <Jamaica, No Problem>
Curleysheen, Noprob

Team 3:<Yorky and Some Idiot # 2>
Yorkster, Aryanswagx

Team 4:<MollyWata>
Fns, Clydeltko

Team 5:<Meme Team>
Offthehookg, Vangmaw

Team 6:<Double Healer>
Hoplophobias, Mangojooce

Team 7:<Square Up>
Folders(Manny), Lenny

Team 8:<Underdogs>
Zioni, Aymonk

Team 9:<Thug Cleave>
Swaggodtko, Shyilia

Team 10:<RiP Dream>
Delayed, Vegeta

Team 11:<R1>
Cocaena, Bearform

Team 12:<Don't mind me , I'm just an Imp>
Prchaos, Talint

Team 13:<NFL Pick Me>
Halfjump, Lcanceled

Team 14:

Team 15:

Team 16:

RESERVE:

Team 17:

Team 18:

Team 19:

Team 20:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump. We ran this shit smooth as fuck for the last two weeks. Great turnout, great games. I think everyone had fun, I know I did. Shoutout to the people makin shit happen for 19s. We all know Myrm and Conq are the main men but OH4HKs is really hype about lending a hand. Goodluck to all teams!

Bump. We ran this shit smooth as fuck for the last two weeks. Great turnout, great games. I think everyone had fun, I know I did. Shoutout to the people makin shit happen for 19s. We all know Myrm and Conq are the main men but OH4HKs is really hype about lending a hand. Goodluck to all teams!

We all play our part, this is shaping up to be a very nice element to add to the bracket.

I'm so hyped for this! You guys have done a great job (as usual and doesn't surprise me) at setting this up and getting the game going. I'm happy to see the ban list cover some missing areas from previous tourney which I think a LOT of people will be happy about!

Sadly I think I might miss it due to Halloween paintballing event. :/

I'm so hyped for this! You guys have done a great job (as usual and doesn't surprise me) at setting this up and getting the game going. I'm happy to see the ban list cover some missing areas from previous tourney which I think a LOT of people will be happy about!

Sadly I think I might miss it due to Halloween paintballing event. :/

I've really been debating on moving it a day over, either before or after. I'm getting alot of people sayingthey won't be able to make it that day. As for now it's still set to this.

Really excited for this and looking to take 1st this time bby

will ill update with roster once that's sorted

Flintlocks should be banned if your gonna ban everything that actully does damage.

Only arena tourny I have seen with actual thought behind the rules Unlike the NWL. Great work and hope it all goes smoothly fellas!

Well yes, but they are the rules that should be like common sense to any arena tournament.

Well some of them are, each 2s tournament has built upon the success of the last one and wasn't common sense until that point. First with Ele force being required for some classes, and preventing dps weapon swaps, then with a brewmaster ban, and it seems most people agree that ferocious bite, and crusader in general needs to be banned now as well. Will it be balanced then, we will see, if not do we keep banning things? There will always be dominant comps.

Last edited:
Well some of them are, each 2s tournament has built upon the success of the last one and wasn't common sense until that point. First with Ele force being required for some classes, and preventing dps weapon swaps, then with a brewmaster ban, and it seems most people agree that ferocious bite, and crusader in general needs to be banned now as well. Will it be balanced then, we will see, if not do we keep banning things? There will always be dominant comps.

Bro a boomkin just won an NWL tournament where 90% of the damage is from cat form. Explain logic please

Bro a boomkin just won an NWL tournament where 90% of the damage is from cat form. Explain logic please

This wasn't even an issue until brewmaster gets banned, remembering that these tournaments and the nwl are a learning process for everyone, I didn't hear a single mention of kitty form until the tournament had started and someone had lost against one. There's no sight like hind sight.

Last edited:

Yeah man I see your point, but most can bite (if played right) 1.7k-2.1k bite for any kitty. Sader and landslide basically double the original damage from said class. Brewmaster has a main spell that averages 500-1.2k damage and hits more than one target and slows for 12 seconds and sits a a nice 6 second CD. Weapon swapping, well the amount you proc you have to basically multiply it by your damage and that's your damage. Wars can already 200-800 without a sader so Id say that answers itself. But I'd allow one crusader for fury though because it's damage isn't going to get far seems how it's a low proc chance for the wild strike then you gotta pray for the damage boost for wild strike to not give a tickle.

That's all I have to say for that. I'm not trying to start anything just saying what I know / think.

Like I said, our rules are still in the making. We are learning from each week, and other tourneys like last night. Some may get reversed or altered until we find the perfect fit.

I like all the given rules. What is everyone's thought about flintlocks though? Too op or is it fine? If I. Correct Conq does give a valid point of how if they encounter a top dog comp that they can't just ban it because it's strong. There will always be the top comp, but it's nice to see some other favors like enh / disc. (Manny / Robby)

Also, Yes we got our rule template from NWL, we made a couple changes that got negative feedback first week, and made a couple more changes this week that will hopefully lean towards a more balanced comp.
We are all the same community here so who knows, the NWL rules may end up changing to ours and vice versa in the future.

I'd have pumped boomy priest as ww/rogue priest whens thr next nwl tourney conq

Flintlocks should be banned if your gonna ban everything that actully does damage.

Ferocious Bite is broken, resto can hit harder than a brew n that isn't right...As for crusader/landslide people get global'd with those procs, ele force is enough sustained damage to keep it competitive without gimping them. If you take away a hunter's enchant they will not have enough burst to kill anything. An alternative would be having hunter's rock X-Ray or Lord's for the tourney but besides that we have gotten mostly positive feedback from the bans, excluding those that play feral I mean boomy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread