Official response on "Who gets the XP Debuff"...

Sin'dor

Veteran
Figured I'd simply make a new thread, instead of tracking down every post that's debating it... ;)

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/w...mal-que-if-this-change-goes-through/200641/31

XP.png

I mean, I felt it was pretty obvious that this was the way it would work (don't mean to disrespect anyone).

I get that it sucks 'cause it limits twinking (a "non-intended playstyle") even more.

Personally, I share the same feelings that everyone is feeling right now, even more so since my old paladin twink of years will not be even allowed to help friends levelling for a bit.

"To live well is the best revenge", I'd say. So, here's to new and many unintended forms of twinking that we will found together!

... so, it’s a issue with people can’t go and join a group with a person that has the buff while not on a random finder and pvp?

... wow, to think this’ll be more likely to be dividing the player base further from each other.

I cant wrap my head around this, I thought the complained about issue was twinks in xpon bgs? Is this their solution to that?? Cause it seems this only 'solves' 110s selling dungeon/levelling services, and ive not heard anyone vehemently opposed to that activity.

Yes, this is only about the 110 boosters. This is their answer to the previous issue on not allowing 110s to lock XP that was recended. Blizz really doesn't care about the BG bug.

This change also doesn’t affect anyone who has turned off XP for their own benefit...
Am I missing something, or is that last sentence completely irrelevant?

"The [95% penalty] also doesn't affect anyone who has [given themselves a 100% penalty]..."

Confused-1.8.gif

Last edited:
I
Am I missing something, or is that last sentence completely irrelevant?

"The [95% penalty] also doesn't affect anyone who has [given themselves a 100% penalty]..."

It might affect the banking of exp for F2P twinks, I think they gather XP when they hit their cap and it accumulates so when they unlock if they get sub they get some levels. I could be wrong tho

So un subbed vets and f2p can still carry dungeon. Too bad the dungeons they get are trash. I’m confused tho. A 110 without bfa can still carry because his exp will be on.

I

It might affect the banking of exp for F2P twinks, I think they gather XP when they hit their cap and it accumulates so when they unlock if they get sub they get some levels. I could be wrong tho
F2P twinks dont turn their xp off. I think theyre just making it clear (as mud) that if you turn off your xp and group with someone who has also turned off their xp, you wont suddenyl gain 5% xp.

I’m confused tho. A 110 without bfa can still carry because his exp will be on.
Likely.

F2P twinks dont turn their xp off. I think theyre just making it clear (as mud) that if you turn off your xp and group with someone who has also turned off their xp, you wont suddenyl gain 5% xp.

lol
this sounds like it actually helps xpoff glitchers
gg blizz

Users who are viewing this thread