EU Obtaining Thrall's Gift by faction change

Willy

Grandfathered
Hi, so the only item I need to be completely BiS is Thrall's Gift.
I'm currently alliance and want to faction change to Goblin in order to get the bracers.
I have just spoken to a GM and he said it wasn't possible for me to get to the island....
Do any of you guys know some methods or even better help me obtain them?

either way write here, or add my btag Ganjasus#2112

Well getting to Kezan is no exploit. You just have a warlock summon you there....

Getting the warlock to Kezan is no exploit. Make a goblin warlock, immediately get summoned out by another warlock, level up to 42 and hearth back to Kezan. Nothing crazy there either...

Obtaining the bracers becomes difficult, however, because you will not be able to finish the quest chain because of zoning errors (you'd be forever stuck on Kezan without a GM help). Ask to be ported out, and ask the quest items be gifted because you were really hoping to meet Thrall and obtain his bracers. THAT may be a bit shady

Last edited:
Well getting to Kezan is no exploit. You just have a warlock summon you there....

Getting the warlock to Kezan is no exploit either. Make a goblin warlock, immediately get summoned out by another warlock, level up to 42 and hearth back to Kezan. Nothing crazy there either...

Obtaining the bracers becomes difficult, however, because you will not be able to finish the quest chain because of zoning errors (you'd be forever stuck on Kezan without a GM help). Ask to be ported out, and ask the quest items be gifted because you were really hoping to meet Thrall and obtain his bracers. THAT may be a bit shady
Literally, there is no argument here. I got the actual DEVELOPMENT team to agree that it is not an exploit, spoke to the head of service in a skype video chat for over an hour and a half about it as i had mine removed. I got them back. It is 100% confirmed to be legit in regards to obtaining them with the method that is usable now. I'm not gonna explain AGAIN why it's legit, just take my word for it that it is.

Literally, there is no argument here. I got the actual DEVELOPMENT team to agree that it is not an exploit, spoke to the head of service in a skype video chat for over an hour and a half about it as i had mine removed. I got them back. It is 100% confirmed to be legit in regards to obtaining them with the method that is usable now. I'm not gonna explain AGAIN why it's legit, just take my word for it that it is.
gms are clueless, even if its 100% legit most gms will think its not , and not everybody who does this is willing enough to argue with blizzard for days and act like their life depends on this item.
so if you get reported with the item you better be prepared for it, otherwise chances are still high that they take your item (and no, saying "but this guy had the same problem and blizz said its legit" wont be enough)

gms are clueless, even if its 100% legit most gms will think its not , and not everybody who does this is willing enough to argue with blizzard for days and act like their life depends on this item.
so if you get reported with the item you better be prepared for it, otherwise chances are still high that they take your item (and no, saying "but this guy had the same problem and blizz said its legit" wont be enough)
That might be the case, but the fact of the matter is something doesn't be deemed an exploit because of customer service reps having a lack of knowledge. So people need to stop referring to it as an exploit, thats part of my point

From WoWWiki

"An exploit (known as "exploitive activity" by Blizzard) is a method of playing the game in a way not intended by the game developers to gain an advantage over other players."

Are night elves supposed to using goblin bracers??? Seems advantageous

Though, @Blackout did speak to the developers about it.....

From WoWWiki

"An exploit (known as "exploitive activity" by Blizzard) is a method of playing the game in a way not intended by the game developers to gain an advantage over other players."

Maybe they made the bracers to fit a night elf? You know Goblin isnt the only race in the game that can wear bracers : )

From WoWWiki

Nightelves are not supposed to, but goblins are. And the only way to obtain them is by being goblin, thats like saying starting as a goblin and race changing is against ToS and thus an exploit :3

I got them to admit its not unintended and thus legal, so ye case closed lol

Nightelves are not supposed to, but goblins are. And the only way to obtain them is by being goblin, thats like saying starting as a goblin and race changing is against ToS and thus an exploit :3

I got them to admit its not unintended and thus legal, so ye case closed lol
Blizzard considers otherwise. I had my thralls removed on my 20 and the reason they gave is that there is a soft lock preventing this on the last quest (the one which bugs out, if you have done it you know the one i'm talking about). They didn't go in detail about what the soft lock is, but the GM was extremely knowledgeable about the subject and said he even frequented TI (this was a decent while ago, when 39 revival started). I believe I linked the logs to @Valotian if he wants to link it here. Basically, the devs don't want you doing it, exploit or not, I got banned for 2 weeks and got it removed.

They remove it because it hadn't been addressed, I spoke to the guy in a skype video call who is on holinkas level in development and after discussing it with the rest of the devs they decided that it was intended as the arguments for it being intended outweighed the arguments against, and i got my bracers back after them being removed. Anyone who has had them removed before i spoke to the dev, just unlucky i guess.

They remove it because it hadn't been addressed, I spoke to the guy in a skype video call who is on holinkas level in development and after discussing it with the rest of the devs they decided that it was intended as the arguments for it being intended outweighed the arguments against, and i got my bracers back after them being removed. Anyone who has had them removed before i spoke to the dev, just unlucky i guess.
I had an extremely long debate with the GM, it sounded like he was the head of stuff which related to lower levels (I assume twinks). And he completely agreed with my argument and said I was right as I brought up many many points, unfortunately he said that he wasn't in control of the outcome as the decision was directly from the game devs. If you could link me what you said @Blackout I can try and get it back again.

Users who are viewing this thread