Obtaining Sul'thraze

I've got a question about obtaining Sul'thraze. I have to be a prot warrior for the 1 handers to drop, right? Will they drop for fury or arms?

P.S. Either way i'll be running Zul'Farrak for the next couple days for the sword quest. Add me if you want to join. MEOWMERZ#1834

i guess you can just change loot spec?

You need to have the protection specialization set if you're running RDF. If you're getting boosted you don't have to have it set.

Best way to answer this, is go to the adventure journal, and when you check what loot each boss drops, spec into arms or fury and see if the swords show on the loot table shown in the adventure journal. This doesn't apply if you're getting ran by someone 10+ levels higher through an instance considering the new looting changes.

did it as prot / got both swords after about 15 runs. however the sword that requires you to 'use' it is level 60, and im a 49 twink, so im unable to fuse them for my 49 weapon. which is fucked. LOL
mmm.png

e6SP5e

Last edited:
Yeah it is not a terrible grind at all. I don't think you'll be doing it for a couple of days :p

Ünless you got really bad RNG.

did it as prot / got both swords after about 15 runs. however the sword that requires you to 'use' it is level 60, and im a 49 twink, so im unable to fuse them for my 49 weapon. which is fucked. LOL
mmm.png

e6SP5e

Yeah you need to get the sword to drop for yourself and it will scale to 49. if you just got your booster to give it to you then it is obviously scaled to 60

Yeah being boosted hurts sometimes...

Prayed for an Ironfoe to drop for my 49, it did drop... for my booster, scaled to 60. Fuck.

Yeah being boosted hurts sometimes...

Prayed for an Ironfoe to drop for my 49, it did drop... for my booster, scaled to 60. Fuck.

Didnt even know this scaled thing was implimented ^^ that means normal runs are needed.

i even paid my booster 2k per run for one boss clear. and then 10k for the sword.

the sword dropped, he traded it to me, i gave him 10k, then i look at sword .. 'req 60' LOL... gg

says on wowhead,

however it dropd for me on fury :)
Were you in a normal level group or being ran by a high level? being ran by a high level elminates the loot pools and anything can drop for anyone.

Wowhead says 30/40%ish dropchance. My 15 run streak w/o either disagrees :( running as prot w/o boost.... the agony

Does anybody know if the swords will drop once you have obtained Sul'thraze?

I got it before the scaling and it got turned into ilvl 49 after the squish. Would really like to make it 50.

Wowhead says 30/40%ish dropchance. My 15 run streak w/o either disagrees :( running as prot w/o boost.... the agony

nah wowhead is false. everything they provide is out of date to the max.

it drops. its more like 8%. if that.

took me fucking ages too man. it dropped for my booster twice. finally dropped for me on day 4 maybe.

mmm.png

e6SP5e
I’m assuming you had a higher level run you through, and they were the ones who looted it? In order to get it to be level 49, you or another level 49 thank you’re grouped with need to loot it

Users who are viewing this thread