Not the most important thread ever made but

I don't want deride the classic wow hype train but it feels pretty weird to play a demo of something released 14 years ago

something released 14 years ago
We had 'zero' information. Will they add new dungeons? New raid after Naxxramas... Will they make serious changes to some class mechanics? I'd love to hear more about this from the people who'll try demo.

//LFG tool, Bind on Account, Classic on same Battlenet...There're many questions to answer

dissapointed

as always
why even play their "re released original" when you have been able to play it for free for years and can still play it right now

the only remotedly interesting things imho were the old talents and pre weapon normalization damage(for example I wanted to see the damage of the old 200%ed mortal strike + 4.00 speed Nicker or how Steelarrow crossbow behaved in comparison to a 60 blue ranged wep)

unfortunately it will be the same 1.12.1 talents and normalized weapon speeds and damage that has existed on every private vanilla server ever (btw molten wow has been out since what...2009 or 2010? so plenty of time to test and see those same old boring 1.12.1 mechanics and gameplay )

add to the fact that blizzard devs met with nostalrius devs and I quote " Not all of this information was under a version control system. In the end, whichever of these parts were lost at any point, they will have to be recreated" https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44218
knowing how blizzard operates since like 2001 I bet they are most likely going to use at least SOME of the mangos core that the nost devs most likely gave them.

Dissapointment and nothing more(then again its blizzard so that was to be expected )

Look dude.. in reality, no one cares for a private server. Its been 14 years of private servers and no one has anything to show for it.

yeah because they all ran the 1.12.1 client

what im trying to say is idk why everyone is getting excited for the next 1.12.1

but really, what the hell do you even know about classic or classic twinking...i mean I just clicked your post history and noticed

a "troll 19 rogue"

lol

Last edited:
yeah because they all ran the 1.12.1 client

what im trying to say is idk why everyone is getting excited for the next 1.12.1

but really, what the hell do you even know about classic or classic twinking...i mean I just clicked your post history and noticed

a "troll 19 rogue"

lol
Can check my sig and find my pvp titled >60 twinks. sorry my race selection doesnt suit your preference
[doublepost=1538111804,1538111725][/doublepost]how do we even know you played classic and havent just been playing a 1.12 server since 2012

Will be great to see what people do with the inevitable demo bugs, will be just like old times :) But this time streamed to the world of course.

I just want my old school holy paladin healing back. Weak fast efficient heal and strong slow inefficient heal. Will probably abandon retail twinks for classic twinks if classic is not too many changes.

I just want my old school holy paladin healing back. Weak fast efficient heal and strong slow inefficient heal. Will probably abandon retail twinks for classic twinks if classic is not too many changes.

This is exactly the thing I miss. I never expected anyone to miss this particular small detail too

The thing i dislike with private servers is that I don't get the sense of completion and satisfaction like I do from playing retail versions. The playerbase is smaller, the server can be shut down at an instant, the people running it can be shady as hell etc. etc. Just rubs me the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread