Not happy with the L19 community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charax

Battleground Superstar
Dear community,

I was very disturbed to have received this notification from Blizzard today:

upload_2020-5-12_12-41-41.png

To be clear, I can be very toxic in BG chat when we're losing (and on occassion, if we're winning) when I see inept play. For the thick skinned, it is a wonderful opportunity to learn from a grizzled veteran if you can get by the hostile manner in which I convey my wisdom.

For me to get this violation is really a condemnation of the entire level 19 community. I wouldn't have to hurl so-called abusive language "multiple times" if I did not see multiple events of poor play.

In short, either play better and/or get some thick skin and absorb superior game knowledge that I distribute. Don't get upset with the messenger. Deep down, I am only trying to help.

what is the point of this thread? the second you made your account and paid for your subscription you agreed to blizzard's world of warcraft terms of service and now that you violated them you're disappointed that you got punished? i feel disgusted and sorry for you and anyone else who condones any form of bullying, especially cyber bullying

please get through your head that you're not a "grizzled veteran" or conveying any wisdom that improves your teammates' gameplay, you're only being a toxic miserable person and bothering others on your team

i hope you've learned from this mistake and you start working towards becoming a better person, good luck on your journey of improving yourself

Last edited:
You may find that constructive criticism can be offered without being toxic or abusive. Toxicity is proven to generally hurt other players performance right then and there, while also reducing their fun.

I find that my BGs go best when I find ways to keep the team hopeful, recommend helpful things they can be doing, and avoid dwelling on mistakes made. Most games with 10 players on a team are bound to have people who haven't yet achieved your level of mastery, or are downright clueless.

Across all your games the only common factor in your favor is yourself and those you Q with. As your skill continues to grow you will increase your own win rate. One of the things I love about this game is the many ways you can improve your effectiveness: gearing, buffing / consumes, jump mastery, leadership, good callouts / communication, combat mastery, intuitively sensing where your opponents will go and what they will do, and cultivating friendships with other players allowing you to both help them improve and making it so they have more fun and want to play more : )

I wish you the best of luck in your future games! : )

what is the point of this thread? the second you made your account and paid for your subscription you agreed to blizzard's world of warcraft terms of service and now that you violated them you're disappointed that you got punished? i feel disgusted and sorry for you and anyone else who condones any form of bullying, especially cyber bullying

please get through your head that you're not a "grizzled veteran" or conveying any wisdom that improves your teammates' gameplay, you're only being a toxic miserable person and bothering others on your team

i hope you've learned from this mistake and you start working towards becoming a better person, good luck on your journey of improving yourself

I’ve been playing since 2005 with thousands of games under my belt. I would say that qualifies me as a “grizzled veteran”. With that much experience, of course I have quite a bit of wisdom to impart. For you to deny that is just ignorant.

I guess there are some special people that still require their “safe space”, despite queuing into a team PvP match, that can’t handle constructive criticism. If you’re too proud to learn and would rather report BG chat as a traumatic experience to you, you’ll just keep rotting as a terrible player.

I’ve been playing since 2005 with thousands of games under my belt. I would say that qualifies me as a “grizzled veteran”. With that much experience, of course I have quite a bit of wisdom to impart. For you to deny that is just ignorant.

I guess there are some special people that still require their “safe space”, despite queuing into a team PvP match, that can’t handle constructive criticism. If you’re too proud to learn and would rather report BG chat as a traumatic experience to you, you’ll just keep rotting as a terrible player.
do you really expect me to read all of that? please get a grip on your life and quit making other people's lives miserable you cringe old man

Last edited:
You may find that constructive criticism can be offered without being toxic or abusive. Toxicity is proven to generally hurt other players performance right then and there, while also reducing their fun.

I tried to give back to the community by making guides, such as this: Charax Guide: How to approach Horde base

I was immediately attacked by a member of this forum, no doubt envious of my strategic mastery that I was able to impart. I think the tone of my message doesn’t matter... people will get upset no matter how you convey suggestions.
[doublepost=1589313261,1589313156][/doublepost]
do you really expect me to read all of that? please get a grip on your life and quit making other peoples' lives miserable you cringe old man

It was a smaller message than what you barfed up.

Usually small people who cannot retort resort to “didn’t read that nah nah”.

I tried to give back to the community by making guides, such as this: Charax Guide: How to approach Horde base

I was immediately attacked by a member of this forum, no doubt envious of my strategic mastery that I was able to impart. I think the tone of my message doesn’t matter... people will get upset no matter how you convey suggestions.
[doublepost=1589313261,1589313156][/doublepost]

It was a smaller message than what you barfed up.

Usually small people who cannot retort resort to “didn’t read that nah nah”.
tldr

>Admits that being toxic towards other players in BGs is what resulted in his punishment. (A chat mute I presume.)
>Plays victim card and blames everyone else for making mistakes, which triggers his toxicity?

I can't be the only one that doesn't understand this weird self absorbed logic... right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even tell if this is a tongue-in-cheek troll post.

Don't be like the teacher from "Whiplash".

It's a video game. You may have experience. There's no need to be rude when trying to teach others, especially since that inherently implies that they don't know any better.

How do I know in a game if you are a grizzled veteran imparting wisdom in a toxic way, or a frazzled toxic noob spewing rage? It’s confusing to me how a person would be able to understand in a BG in a few toxic messages what you are trying to convey here on the forums.

The solution that makes the most sense to me is to find a way to impart your wisdom in a less toxic-appearing way. You could probably do what I do when I’m upset at a video game: use sarcasm. Or, you could try to work on thickening your own skin to upsetting situations so that toxicity is lowered.

How do I know in a game if you are a grizzled veteran imparting wisdom in a toxic way, or a frazzled toxic noob spewing rage? It’s confusing to me how a person would be able to understand in a BG in a few toxic messages what you are trying to convey here on the forums.

The solution that makes the most sense to me is to find a way to impart your wisdom in a less toxic-appearing way. You could probably do what I do when I’m upset at a video game: use sarcasm. Or, you could try to work on thickening your own skin to upsetting situations so that toxicity is lowered.

Indeed. Toxicity isnt healthy..

Helps to do anything else if you are getting salty with others.

I was always a salty BG chatter, and Classic has given me an opportunity to revel in the nostalgia to relive those times. I find it very fun to spice up the chat and create ill will amongst the lesser players.

I can't even tell if this is a tongue-in-cheek troll post.

Well, I certainly am not going to post any emoticons to help you figure that part out!

How do I know in a game if you are a grizzled veteran imparting wisdom in a toxic way, or a frazzled toxic noob spewing rage?

To the clueless player, perhaps you wouldn’t be able to make that determination. Sometimes another grizzled vet will chime in with their support once the team hashes out the argument in BG chat. Always good to make sure everyone knows who was ultimately right.

To the clueless player, perhaps you wouldn’t be able to make that determination. Sometimes another grizzled vet will chime in with their support once the team hashes out the argument in BG chat. Always good to make sure everyone knows who was ultimately right.
Perhaps, and sometimes, but what I’m hearing is you won’t have that happen in 100% of cases. So, does it make sense that you will sometimes get reported and punished?

I have a terrible habit of expressing and criticizing my team in a negative way too. Probably not to your extent though. Anyways, it won’t encourage bad teammates to get better. Just try to be positive it really does go a long way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread