EU+US Noobish gold farm question

DEXERius

Grandfathered
Hello,
sorry to bother you, but Im curious how much time and gold does it take to make a valid dungeon booster as 101. I'm struggeling to make gold for tokens as of late and im seeing these boosts that take 2k per run from each person( or is it combined from all members of party? :D) and it seems like a faster way of farming than on my 110.
I would only buy the cheaper parts of gear from ah like up to 5k, would that be enough for soloing and is it worth?
Do i need to farm a lot of ap before starting?
And which specs are top tier, thinking of blood dk and prot warr...
Thank you for any tips.
EDIT: Damn I been stupid just found out that all those items that are above 800ilvl and below 5k gold are not available for 101, a little snag :D thanks for tips anyways

Last edited:
A baseline 840 geared twink should be enough for dungeon boosting although you might need a little leech (10-20%) depending on the spec.

Price will vary based on spec (some use multiple armor types = more items to buy) and the server that you're on. I'd personally expect to pay around 10k-25k per 840 item on my realm, so if you can get them for 5k each then go for it. That means for a hunter I'd be looking at anywhere in the region of 120k-300k for a full set but that doesn't include the legendary, int trinket or enchants (plus fan might be more expensive than the average item).

I've never sold boosts myself but from what I've heard, people usually charge per person in the group, sometimes with a discount if they're tank/healer to make the queues go fast.

You shouldn't need to farm much AP to get started but getting to rank 13 is easy and will net you your first gold trait plus several other useful ones.

Top tier specs for boosting are DPS specs that have lots of movement speed increases, including the leather/mail legendary. I'd rank them as: Havoc DH > Balance Druid > Assassination Rogue >= BM Hunter >= Enh/Ele Shaman

A baseline 840 geared twink should be enough for dungeon boosting although you might need a little leech (10-20%) depending on the spec.

Price will vary based on spec (some use multiple armor types = more items to buy) and the server that you're on. I'd personally expect to pay around 10k-25k per 840 item on my realm, so if you can get them for 5k each then go for it. That means for a hunter I'd be looking at anywhere in the region of 120k-300k for a full set but that doesn't include the legendary, int trinket or enchants (plus fan might be more expensive than the average item).

I've never sold boosts myself but from what I've heard, people usually charge per person in the group, sometimes with a discount if they're tank/healer to make the queues go fast.

You shouldn't need to farm much AP to get started but getting to rank 13 is easy and will net you your first gold trait plus several other useful ones.

Top tier specs for boosting are DPS specs that have lots of movement speed increases, including the leather/mail legendary. I'd rank them as: Havoc DH > Balance Druid > Assassination Rogue >= BM Hunter >= Enh/Ele Shaman

Idk how Arcane mage doesn't make this list with shimmer x2, Arcane barrage giving constant 70%+ movement speed, and burst to kill bosses in like 15 seconds. My best is 4 runners paying 3k each, 12k a run, and got them through 7 dungeons in an hour, was halfway through 8th when the hour hit. If you ask me, other than DH, Arcane mage is fastest. Druids and rogues come up just a bit shorter on movement.
Edit: I use 5 speed pieces though this shouldn't matter. Fully non speed Druid or rogue vs fully non speed Arcane mage, the Arcane mage will be able to move through the instance faster with Arcane barrage and blinks.

i am not a lover my of BM hunter and its my highest geared twink, Balance druid is good but i havent invested in its Artifact yet to make it so. I love my Ele shaman 100% mastery pretty much means always double casting. Best twink i have run dungeons with is Damngood hes Enhancement shaman and he just DESTROYS dungeons! combined with the food that gives u a small sprint after killing enemies, he is hard to keep up with lol!

I have 2 twinks ( armory in signature). i spend 420k for DK and 627k for paladin (server outland EU).

When u boost ppl in instances u can earn 2k per person per run (normal price on outland), but sometimes u must w8 30-60 mins to fill party. In this way u can earn around 30k-40k/h. I think there are better options to earn gold but twinking is awesome :D

i am not a lover my of BM hunter and its my highest geared twink, Balance druid is good but i havent invested in its Artifact yet to make it so. I love my Ele shaman 100% mastery pretty much means always double casting. Best twink i have run dungeons with is Damngood hes Enhancement shaman and he just DESTROYS dungeons! combined with the food that gives u a small sprint after killing enemies, he is hard to keep up with lol!
That food is beautiful. I speed run old raids with that now. :p

That food is beautiful. I speed run old raids with that now. :p

for those wondering, assuming you're talking about the speed food after killing a mob, the name of the food is called bear tartare

Users who are viewing this thread