EU+US Noob questions

TheDazzler76

Veteran
Hi everyone, am new to twinking/wow/this forum. I leveled two level 60ish toons but then couldn't afford to keep up sub so I'm not too experienced with the game. Started F2P a couple of weeks ago not even knowing twinking was even a thing but discovered this place when looking for what gear was good for my toon, a Worgen Warlock called Canisworgen and have managed to get a few pieces of heirloom gear from DMF using the quest that you can buy for 100 fish. I have some questions.

1. If I buy 30 days play time and then mail things between my toons/open bank slots/use auction house will this make my current lvl 20s ineligible for f2p when my playtime expires?

2. Is there a way to trade items between my lvl 20s without the buying playtime e.g. could I start another account and trade items to the new account then back to my current account? or if I had a friend with a sub could I trade items to them and ask them to trade them to an alt on my account?

3.Is there anywhere where low level/f2p players congregate? I am on the EU server Quel'Thalas

4. Is there some kind of "barter" economy for f2p e.g. trade someone bloated threshers full of gold for items worth more than 10G; or pay a subbed person to craft me something? e.g. Flying Tiger Goggles which I leveled up engineering for, collected the mats and then noticed it wasn't available to craft in starter edition........I wasn't mad at this, .....just disappointed! :-D

Thank you.

1. You will be able to play your 20s just fine after the sub ends. Make sure to leave XP on when it expires

2. 20s can’t trade in anyway sadly

3. Alliance players go to goldshire in many realms. Some realms you may see people in front of Orgrimmar but less than goldshire unless you are on Bleeding Hollow US probably. No idea on popular EU realms

4 you will just need to get some time if you want to be traded/buy/etc new gear or high level crafts.

1. Only if you level up.
2. No
3. There was a bunch 5-8 years ago. Not so much these days.
4. 100 skill is max.

Wow, thanks for the quick answers.

Ah okay I get it, that's all pretty cool then glad I can keep playing them; would nice to be able to trade between the f2p but hey ho all adds to the challenge I guess! :-D

Will start making a shopping list for those out of reach items I want then! :)

Wow, thanks for the quick answers.

Ah okay I get it, that's all pretty cool then glad I can keep playing them; would nice to be able to trade between the f2p but hey ho all adds to the challenge I guess! :-D

Will start making a shopping list for those out of reach items I want then! :)

IF you do get game time remember to stop your experience and to start it before it runs out. And the profession max will be 300 when you have gametime and 75 after.

Hi everyone, am new to twinking/wow/this forum. I leveled two level 60ish toons but then couldn't afford to keep up sub so I'm not too experienced with the game. Started F2P a couple of weeks ago not even knowing twinking was even a thing but discovered this place when looking for what gear was good for my toon, a Worgen Warlock called Canisworgen and have managed to get a few pieces of heirloom gear from DMF using the quest that you can buy for 100 fish. I have some questions.

1. If I buy 30 days play time and then mail things between my toons/open bank slots/use auction house will this make my current lvl 20s ineligible for f2p when my playtime expires?

2. Is there a way to trade items between my lvl 20s without the buying playtime e.g. could I start another account and trade items to the new account then back to my current account? or if I had a friend with a sub could I trade items to them and ask them to trade them to an alt on my account?

3.Is there anywhere where low level/f2p players congregate? I am on the EU server Quel'Thalas

4. Is there some kind of "barter" economy for f2p e.g. trade someone bloated threshers full of gold for items worth more than 10G; or pay a subbed person to craft me something? e.g. Flying Tiger Goggles which I leveled up engineering for, collected the mats and then noticed it wasn't available to craft in starter edition........I wasn't mad at this, .....just disappointed! :-D

Thank you.

Gonna jump in just for some clarity...

1. If you started a brand new account to play F2P DO NOT add game time. Free to play accounts bank XP and your characters will likely end up leveling. It sounds like you're playing on your old paid account? But I just want to be sure on that.

2. nope

3. You'd have to ask the EU guys

4. cant trade. you are 100% self sufficient. Lucky for you! there are some new cloth helm options that have recently started dropping. Rares in Azshara are dropping properly scaled items, including cloth helms. It'll take some farming but hey, welcome to F2P. If you can find someone to group with you and take advantage of quest replays, those chests drop cloth helms occasionally too.

1. If you started a brand new account to play F2P DO NOT add game time. Free to play accounts bank XP and your characters will likely end up leveling. It sounds like you're playing on your old paid account? But I just want to be sure on that.

2. nope

4. cant trade. you are 100% self sufficient. Lucky for you! there are some new cloth helm options that have recently started dropping. Rares in Azshara are dropping properly scaled items, including cloth helms. It'll take some farming but hey, welcome to F2P. If you can find someone to group with you and take advantage of quest replays, those chests drop cloth helms occasionally too.

Magtheridon (A) and Aggramar (H) are the only servers with people left. But its not alot.

Stonetalon is better for horde. Unless he adds time and gets lens.

2. nope

You are correct my account was previously paid so from what you say I won't level if I get game time; I'd be annoyed if it leveled me without warning!

Self sufficient is great, makes getting items feel like an achievement Ooh I don't have a helm will have to post a LFG in EU and go on an adventure to Azshara to acquire one!

Users who are viewing this thread