No Outland archeology dig sites ?

merl_D

Veteran
Level 701 Archeology, f2p level 20. I have dig sites in Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Pandaria, Draenor, Broken Isles, Kul Tiras, & Zandalar. No Outland or Northrend dig sites. I haven't visited Northrend's dig site locations to confirm it's not a map failing yet, but I have visited all the dig sites coordinates that Outland is supposed to have and can confirm that it's not just a lack of displaying them. I've checked to make sure dig sites are toggled for the map and have tried with addons loaded and unloaded. I have checked both in Chromietime BC and current mode. Any idea why there are no Outland dig sites? Any other f2p having this problem?

Same here. 906 archaeology on my lvl 20 and haven't seen both of them so far. For a while, so its not a temporal problem. No idea why.

I think he means that, because the profession was introduced in Cata, it may be goofy for F2P (which would make sense because Cata as an expac is weird for F2P)
Especially grinding Cata engineering and gathering all materials and the Cogs for the Ghost Iron trinket as f2p. Always strucked me as odd as to why Cata is 30 while everything is doable from 10-20, even BFA.

...Always strucked me as odd as to why Cata is 30 while everything is doable from 10-20, even BFA.
That was very disappointing to me too, but I suppose the argument is that "Cata" is anywhere altered by Deathwing - so, almost everywhere in the old world.

Always strucked me as odd as to why Cata is 30 while everything is doable from 10-20, even BFA.

Some of the end level zones of Cataclysm almost require a flying mount (most notably Deepholm) and level 30 is when you unlocking flying after the squish.

Indeed, some Artifact Weapon quests are available much earlier and they do provide a temporary flying mount to walk around some Cata zones --- but those are much slower than even a basic flying mount.

Apart from obviously taking the easy way out by blocking all Cataclysm content, I guess their reasoning could be that an inexperienced leveller could otherwise be frustrated by having to move around on a "slow bootleg flying mount" until level 30, if a zone-specific mount would be provided.

Vash'Jir woulda been perfect for making into a 20-35 zone. Swimming, not flying, gets you through the starting questlines. All the seahorse fp's are obtainable already, so just get some breath pots and you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread