No news, no blau posts

LecolaEU

Grandfathered
I check official forums for classic and they're full of NO CHANGES!!!! cries. Nothing more... I think we'll wait at least a year for some solid info from developers.

We have to wait till Blizzcon 2018 in Nov... thats my guess

If I recall they auctioned off the vanilla server thingy for charity so either they have to get it back or somehow come up with something
So I would think it won't be coming out for at least a year or so

They auctioned off their old hardware.
You'd be mad batshit insane to run the servers on that stuff in 2021

Wait till they run out of fan services to do and then you'll get it.
Looking back at tbc-cata, we still need dark rangers, kaelthas back for 3rd time,azshara and kelthuzad aka 3rd naxx

Wouldnt expect news anywhere until late BfA / Xpac after BfA / wow reaches its unmilkable status

They simply said it to make people shut up about vanilla servers since they were posting shit about it on daily basis.
When they announced it they didnt even have a team for it yet.

Its most likely gonna fail anyway since people started asking for "QoL changes and , we want x different" about 3x every hour or so.

If I recall they auctioned off the vanilla server thingy for charity so either they have to get it back or somehow come up with something
So I would think it won't be coming out for at least a year or so

Can be done rather quickly if they build it on top of the current framework, which I believe they said they would.

Read the above. What they auctioned off was their old, defunct server hardware, which no1 would use for production nowadays anyways.

I really thought a blau post's just popped in official forums when i saw this thread bumped. :(

I heard that they'd just started putting a team together.
Yes, i saw this too. They talked about this in a Developer Questions and Answers series.

You guys are all way to excited about a ploy. Blizzard used that as a selling point for BFA and will keep holding it over your head until it’s to late then they’ll use it to forward there subs towards classic. Then they’ll go as slow as possible again to move to live

used that as a selling point for BFA
I'm not sure but i don't agree with you. Most of Classic Fans have zero interest in BFA. Retail wow's heading opposite direction that Classic Hypers don't like. They're 2 different markets and 2 different type costumers. Using Classic Hype to marketing BFA is a big mistake IF you're right.

I'm not sure but i don't agree with you. Most of Classic Fans have zero interest in BFA. Retail wow's heading opposite direction that Classic Hypers don't like. They're 2 different markets and 2 different type costumers. Using Classic Hype to marketing BFA is a big mistake IF you're right.
they are not interested in releasing classic at all lol, i really wish they were for your guys sakes. Blizzard is just toying with its player base

Yes, they're not interested all the time but Nostalrius gave them enough trouble and they sent army of lawyers to shut down. Sealing a private server won't solve this problem and they know that. We'll get a Classic Server because of $$$$$ isssues but we don't know when.

It'd be a shame to see Classic slip away from reality - I mean to be fair Blizz have cancelled projects in the past (Starcraft: Ghost/Project Titan for example). But to say that this is merely a ploy to bring more people to BfA is a bit far fetched IMO.

Like Lecola says they are two different audiences entirely. Of course everything is money in the big activision-blizzard board room - there's a huge wave of nostalgia for retro games going through the industry right now. So what better time for blizz to cash in on this?

they are not interested in releasing classic at all lol, i really wish they were for your guys sakes. Blizzard is just toying with its player base
Yeah, that's why they had a handful of job listings for the project and filled said job positions. Don't be silly.

Yes, Classic will come back. It will be sooner than the people who seem to think it will take a ridiculously long time, and it will be longer than the people expecting it in 2018.

The most realistic estimate is 2019-2021, depending on a handful of things. And given we've waited since Burning Crusade released for a expansion locked server, I think we can be patient.

The biggest question is if they release it with slowly released content, or all at once.

Also, I would not be surprised if this team that is working on this and "Classic World of Warcraft" will down the line, gauged on popularity, have other servers available for the various expansions. It seems highly likely they are setting up this as an entire separate team than those involved in current WoW + Future expansions, given the job placement and fillings.

Patience, children. <3

Yeah, that's why they had a handful of job listings for the project and filled said job positions. Don't be silly.

Yes, Classic will come back. It will be sooner than the people who seem to think it will take a ridiculously long time, and it will be longer than the people expecting it in 2018.

The most realistic estimate is 2019-2021, depending on a handful of things. And given we've waited since Burning Crusade released for a expansion locked server, I think we can be patient.

The biggest question is if they release it with slowly released content, or all at once.

Also, I would not be surprised if this team that is working on this and "Classic World of Warcraft" will down the line, gauged on popularity, have other servers available for the various expansions. It seems highly likely they are setting up this as an entire separate team than those involved in current WoW + Future expansions, given the job placement and fillings.

Patience, children. <3
everyone can dream ig ^^

Because they would totally set up job placement and hire people to just sit around and do nothing and fuel speculation and dreams. :p

Billion Dollar Company Activision&Blizzard trolling people and marketing their new product with 'fake' news. Logic is great here!
Not to mention, they went out and hired a whole team of programmers for it!

Users who are viewing this thread