EU+US Newcomer needs some help :-)

Onehit

Grandfathered
Hi y'all twynklegends! I am going to start twynking a rogue. I am completely new to this and last time I twynked was in Vanilla. Now I am going b@lls deep on this twynk. Faction Changing and all that shidazzle! I don't care about the cost.
I am going as Combat Rogue full burst but I wanna get items for all different specs. What is for real BiS for a Combat Rogue? I've looked up Bestworldyo, Imstonedaf, Comboshot.
My plan is to create a Goblin Rogue and fix Thrall's Gift then do 2x Race Changes. First to alliance and grab a Signet of Argas then go back to horde (Orc). But what items should I get? I wanna fix worth items to get, transmogs, items for different specs etc etc.. :)

Anyone who sit on some nice info? ^_^
/Onehit

I would roll assassination rogue over combat. Also I would consider rolling other classes to play because rogues are completely overplayed and too many on a team is a very bad time for everyone else who has the misfortune to be on your team

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately for me I guess, I already decided I am going to stick with rogue seeing as I have most of the gear :p, 2x shadowfangs etc.

And also, Pitter, very helpful and good guide! big + to you mate, thanks a lot <3.
Still got some question for those a bit more "Nerdy" :p... Are there any transmogs / off-items worth to get? Example for a haste build, crit build or something like that ^-^ just for the sake of it? I have a lot of time on my hands before Legion hah.
/Onehit

Full haste or crit builds are totally useless right now.
It really depends on what kind of color transmog you are looking for, can you elaborate?

Hehe, everything I can come across, really! I am thinking mostly of quest items. x)
I wanna make the ultimate twynk hah. I am going to save all the starter goblin greens/blues. =)

I am not the guy to talk about transmog sets for a rogue.
The only full leather sets I know of from quests for rogue is Black and Brown leather.
Make sure you pick up the shovel transmog if you so please.

Alright, thanks a lot Pitter! :)

Been working on the char today, I'm really happy with how it has gone ^_^
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Onehit/advanced

Still got some work left, obviously! But taking in consideration that I created the char today, I'm happy with the result!
Need to get a second Argus and I am trying to farm the dungeon belt but if I'm too much out of luck, I will probably end up just buying Blackened Defias Belt. Also need to work on the trinkets, but it's uber hard to get the arena grandmaster trinket without friends.. ;'/

/Onehit

Edit: Tell me if there is something else I need to work on :)

I would roll assassination rogue over combat. Also I would consider rolling other classes to play because rogues are completely overplayed and too many on a team is a very bad time for everyone else who has the misfortune to be on your team

I'd echo this sentiment, and look into playing something else. Rogues are pretty gimped rolling solo, and if there are 3-4 on a team, the team with them stands pretty disadvantaged. They have their uses, but currently their uses are very specific and without some additional support, unless you're a god-tier rogue it's not gonna be very fun or useful overall.

I wouldn't bother with argas, its not BiS. If you are going to faction change then sure, but dont for that 1 item. Ring of precision, shipyard ring, prairie ring/meadow ring of agility are all better. If you are faction changing pick up stockads helm. NE or BE are probably best options too.

Looks good so far, grats!

I wouldn't bother with argas, its not BiS. Ring of precision, shipyard ring, prairie ring/meadow ring of agility are all good. If you are faction changing pick up stockads helm. NE or BE are probably best options too.

Looks good so far, grats!

Wrong bracket bud

Since you can't get full defias anymore, I would suggest you gear similar to my alliance rogue (can be found in my signature).
Of course you want Thrall's Gift over Forest Leather Bracers. I just messed up on that part.

You want PvP neck & defias legs (as you currently have equiped) for a max agi set when going for returns at 6+ stacks on the EFC.
Otherwise you would want to go with a balanced set, which is exactly what my alliance rogue has equiped currently.

As for transmog, there are various options. Some of it is obtainable through auction house. Some are quest items that are faction-locked. The sword transmog on my alliance rogue is an alliance only quest. You could pick that up when factioning. Also, the bravo company questline in Redridge mountains have some really cool shoulders as an end-reward. You can also do dungeon quests and pick up certain parts, and then faction, do them again and make a unique transmog with multiple dungeon sets from the same dungeon quests.

Edit: Also, you'd wanna use AGM over Defending Champion. I just switch trinkets around depending on what's on CD etc.

Users who are viewing this thread