New to Twinking

Pear

Veteran
Hey guys, I'm new to playing a twink in WoW and I have some random questions.
I'm working on a 19 Druid; I have a full FC and healing power set besides some random greens I can't find yet...
The thing is I'm a little intimidated by FCing so I've been practicing jumps on a sandbox I set up but jumps are a pain in the ass and I can't get a lot of these down. How long does it typically take to get jumps on a basic level? I've watched a ton of videos on the topic but I just need to grind I think. Should I just jump in some pugs and say fuck the sandbox for now?

Also, I'm willing to to make another character if people advice against FCing out the gate. Any recommendations for simple to set up classes to learn on?

Lastly, any good guilds Alliance Faerlina? If I could find some groups of dudes to hang around I'd probably catch on a lot faster.

It'll take some serious time to get the jumps down; Dont let that discourage you. Play an FC druid, practice learning how to position for jumps on the sandbox, and once you learn that try doing speedruns under pressure in real battlegrounds. You'll get to where you wanna be, It'll just take time.

Try to watch some of the best FCs when they stream too. Most people try to be interactive with chat and everyone is willing to help each other

It'll take some serious time to get the jumps down; Dont let that discourage you. Play an FC druid, practice learning how to position for jumps on the sandbox, and once you learn that try doing speedruns under pressure in real battlegrounds. You'll get to where you wanna be, It'll just take time.

Try to watch some of the best FCs when they stream too. Most people try to be interactive with chat and everyone is willing to help each other

Thanks for the reply and encouragement, means a lot. I've learned a lot from your stream content already :)

Reactions: jwl
Just try to FC in PUG's under pressure. It is the stress of watching your health go down and slows and CC's that are hardest to deal with, not the jumps themselves.

And it isn't the entire world if you fail, it's a level 10-19 unrated BG after all :D :rolleyes:

@jwl you should link him jump disc

personally, my favorite thing to do when learning jumps is find land markers, meaning, a certain shade in the texture your jumping at, or lining up a tree on your screen, or just some weird shit that makes it so you are aiming at/jumping in the same spot everytime. try to find a good position+angle to hit the jump then practice replicating that over and over, maybe record yourself hitting it and then go back and watch it over or refer to yt vids. jwls uploaded loads of guides+clips for jumping in classic, check his forum posts out. also dont be discouraged to fc, like anexa said, even if you arent great at the start it isnt the end of the world, but you'll certainly have fun if you stick it out and choose to learn your druid. :)

compare the private server videos to the classic videos. Sometimes different clip spots, some won't work at all. Your best bet is just to get into games and start practicing

If you have a mouse or a keyboard that comes with firmware that's able to replicate inputs, you can always set up a macro key to do the jumping.

Most people who nail the jumps at a 100% accuracy rate is using this, and idgaf what anyone says.

After that, it's simply learning the angles, which doesn't take too long.

Ive only been practicing jumps in live wsg matches. even after my short amount of games, im above the average for jumping. plenty of people I can outjump with just a few bits. practicing under pressure, shows you how far away you should jump from say the fence to not be hit by the other side. till show you spots that you can hid from range until they reposition. watching others do the jumps in game has helped me get better. most of it is either full run and jump, or jump then move. watch a vid, or streamer, learn the Top of tunnel and fence jumps first, they are the most used. then move onto the wall jumps for climbing gy or tree stumps.
the fence, and wagon jumps have been the most useful to me so far.

compare the private server videos to the classic videos. Sometimes different clip spots, some won't work at all. Your best bet is just to get into games and start practicing
Holy shit not kidding. Been just playing on classic instead of sandbox and every jump is 10x easier than on the elysium 1.12 client.
ty for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread