New to Twinking, Couple Easy Questions

Checkerboard

Veteran
Hey all!

I am looking to boost a toon to begin farming island expeditions for the rewards! I just have some really general questions that I'm sure many of you can answer with ease.

1). What is the best class for twinking Island Expeditions/BfA Dungeons?

2). What is the best way to gear my newly boosted to toon to allow for this?

Thanks all!

Looking forward to getting some feedback, have a good one!

1. Demonhunter
2. 233 crafted Leather you can easily get including Cloak, Rings, Trinkets.
3. 285+ pieces from Normal BFA dungeons. Including a Heart of Azeroth.

If you really want to Twink you need to be carried in Mythic ABT for 240+ Titanforge gear.

1. Demonhunter

If you really want to Twink you need to be carried in Mythic ABT for 240+ Titanforge gear.

Note the crafted leather is for 111. 110 can also do dungeons/IE if you want to do pvp as well (in which case, BfA quest gear works until you go for mythic argus).

1. Demonhunter

Any other class recommendations? Got a 120 DH and was looking to branch out. Doing this for gold/collection purposes. So a list of the best classes would be cool. Might have to branch out depending on your response!
[doublepost=1551208921,1551208877][/doublepost]
Note the crafted leather is for 111. 110 can also do dungeons/IE if you want to do pvp as well (in which case, BfA quest gear works until you go for mythic argus).
So 111 for crafter gear of any class, correct?
[doublepost=1551210413][/doublepost]
And is 111 or 110 better for what I am looking to do, in your experience?

Any other class recommendations? Got a 120 DH and was looking to branch out. Doing this for gold/collection purposes. So a list of the best classes would be cool. Might have to branch out depending on your response!
[doublepost=1551208921,1551208877][/doublepost]
So 111 for crafter gear of any class, correct?
[doublepost=1551210413][/doublepost]
And is 111 or 110 better for what I am looking to do, in your experience?

DH is hands down the best. There are several other viable classes depending on how fast you want to be. I don't have a list, perhaps others can chime in.

Yeah, crafted gear for all 111s is cheap(ish) and easy - but not BiS. The BiS is basically the same for 110 and 111 with the exception of a 111 alchemy trinket (tincture).

For choosing between 110 and 111...
* 110 lets you do instanced pvp at the 110 bracket, where 111 is at the bottom of the 111-119 bracket and 119 twinks dominate. That 110 bracket won't exist forever though - it'll be rolled into a 110-119 bracket eventually (next expac's prepatch?)
* 110 has better scaling. A point of haste rating at 110 gives more haste % than it does at 111.
* 111 has the tincture
* At 111, gems enchants have better their BfA scaling. For 110s, the BfA gems/chants are scaled down to legion levels.
* 111 has crafted gear for a quick easy gearing setup as opposed to quest gear (though you'll need to do quests anyways for the azerite gear)
* Mobs scale to your level, though it appears that having <10% exp towards 112 still has 110 mob scaling. I have heard this a bunch, but have not tested/verified. A 111 with 110 mob scaling is a pretty good spot.

I think 111 (with the right amount of xp) is going to be better for PVE purposes. 110 is nearly as good (better scaling pretty much negates the better gem/enchants at 111) if you want to pvp.

Last edited:
My guild has a group of 111 DH we go around World PvP and make 120s in Heroic BoD gear cry. Its honstely whatever you prefer but read what @necroaqua wrote. Its a good idea where you would want to go.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/crushridge/Zerged
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/garithos/Glide
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/garithos/Lillidan
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/smolderthorn/Syrin
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/garithos/Vonara

Just an idea of different specs / gearing options.

If you want to jump in fast and cheap, go dh 111 get your bis legos and bis crafted. If you dont have essence for your legos, bonus rolls from legion seals give you 150 essence each and you can buy specific lego for 1000 essences i think.

You're not going to solo IEs in 4 mins right away but you'll be able to start right away.

Affliction warlock still works for EIs solo but its not as fast as it used to be since inevitable demise nerf. I used to solo them in 3-4 mins and now its more like 5-6 depending on RNG. Thats my 111 lock with crafted gear no antorus.

My 110 fury warrior fully decked in antorus is about the same but I mainly pvp with him and havent tried to reduce my clear speed as I dont sell EIs carry anymore. Prot works too but its slower for me.

Users who are viewing this thread