[New] Newer to the 20 Scene, Looking for some Guidance (PVE Oriented)

Nelthax

Hello everyone,

New to the F2P PvE 20 PVE Scene. I was wondering if I could get a little help with some things, and help choosing what's the best way to go.

The account I'll be playing on is completely new and trial account/F2P account, meaning no game time will ever have been activated on it nor will it be for the duration of the time I intend to play it for. Meaning I wont be able to group or cap XP to send them copious amounts of gold to make getting gems/enchants/rares easier.

I want to make the account for the sole purpose of seeing how far I can go with 1 character in terms of collection of achievements/mogs/mounts/personal gear.

My question is the best route for this, do I go straight into BFA get to 20 and gear up with the blues there for iLvL61 on all pieces (aside from neck) then make my way to WoD? Is there a different route, and also what would be a good class/spec for this? I enjoy really all classes and specs in game outside of druids which I know hinders me since Guardian is probably a beefcake with Swipe/Frenzied Regen within the level 20 parameters and I believe even 100% dmg inc on Swipe. I just have a hard time justifying playing them when mog hunting is a big thing for me and I'm always in bear/cat/chicken etc form. Plus with mounts whats the point of grinding when the best part of druid is insta mount imo.

I've thought of things like Brew but stagger I feel like would be hard to combat in WoD Solo dungeoning, so this is why I come to you all...the masters of this haha.

Any tips is much appreciated, I've looked at the pinned forums for guides on things like bags, and professions etc. I know the limitations, I wont be able to access Chromie which means no shadowlands since on trial account its locked behind level 48 and you can only get to 20, the gold cap at 1k, best way to stockpile gold etc.

Thank you in advance for any tips/tricks :)

Sincerely,
Nel

Aside fron rogues and maybe mages, all classes have at least one spec that can solo in ilvl61. If you don’t like druid, the second easiest is resto shaman, but all tank specs can solo wod dungs pretty easy (with blood dk being slightly weaker than the rest), along with pet classes (hunter/lock). never tried priest but i remember someone posting about it. at the bottom of the pack are mages and rogues, arcane and outlaw can solo some bosses, but it’s painful.

Check your adventure journal to unlock the quests for other xpacs since you cant use chromie time, start off by killing the bfa rares for ilvl 61 gear at lvl 20. Garrison missions from wod can give ilvl 61as well. I would get enchanting for bfa gale force striking and other enchants since they can still be used on ilvl 50+ gear.

Thank you all for the tips and info. Got it narrowed down to a few contenders since basically anything will work it seems (outside of rogues and mages it would seem).

I like Enhancement playstyle, but know that Resto is top tier in that class which is also fine. Monk is fun and so is Prot Warrior or Prot Paladin. So a few things I can choose from in terms of classes and such.

Again thank you very much for the comments.

Sincerely,
Nel

Hello everyone,

New to the F2P PvE 20 PVE Scene. I was wondering if I could get a little help with some things, and help choosing what's the best way to go.

The account I'll be playing on is completely new and trial account/F2P account, meaning no game time will ever have been activated on it nor will it be for the duration of the time I intend to play it for. Meaning I wont be able to group or cap XP to send them copious amounts of gold to make getting gems/enchants/rares easier.

I want to make the account for the sole purpose of seeing how far I can go with 1 character in terms of collection of achievements/mogs/mounts/personal gear.

My question is the best route for this, do I go straight into BFA get to 20 and gear up with the blues there for iLvL61 on all pieces (aside from neck) then make my way to WoD? Is there a different route, and also what would be a good class/spec for this? I enjoy really all classes and specs in game outside of druids which I know hinders me since Guardian is probably a beefcake with Swipe/Frenzied Regen within the level 20 parameters and I believe even 100% dmg inc on Swipe. I just have a hard time justifying playing them when mog hunting is a big thing for me and I'm always in bear/cat/chicken etc form. Plus with mounts whats the point of grinding when the best part of druid is insta mount imo.

I've thought of things like Brew but stagger I feel like would be hard to combat in WoD Solo dungeoning, so this is why I come to you all...the masters of this haha.

Any tips is much appreciated, I've looked at the pinned forums for guides on things like bags, and professions etc. I know the limitations, I wont be able to access Chromie which means no shadowlands since on trial account its locked behind level 48 and you can only get to 20, the gold cap at 1k, best way to stockpile gold etc.

Thank you in advance for any tips/tricks :)

Sincerely,
Nel
Prot Pally imo is the strongest 20 for soloing. Monk, Druid & Shaman at 10-11 are jaw-droppingly powerful, but at 20 a Prot pally in nigh on unkillable, & for my part I really just enjoy the class's animations & the 'Bang-Clang' of it. Maybe you will too.

Breaking it down now to being either Enhancement Shaman (I wish one day for a 2h Enhancement or at least let us mog it) or Mistweaver Monk or finally Prot Warrior. Once this choice is made (probably going to use a randomizer) I'll begin the journey and look forward to posting on threads here with them :D

Sincerely,
Nel

I haven't played a Resto Shaman but I've seen them in groups and I'm pretty sure they are gods. Paladins are amazing, only issue I have with mine is I can't get the ooze trinket ( unless I'm missing something ). I don't understand all the talk about hunters, I had a ilvl 62 hunter and I couldn't solo a wet paper bag, he had godlike damage but couldn't take the hits. Skill issue most likely.

I'm currently playing a Monk, I love it. Being able to cast the amount of healing that i do in windwalker is so cool to me. I save lives.

I haven't played a Resto Shaman but I've seen them in groups and I'm pretty sure they are gods. Paladins are amazing, only issue I have with mine is I can't get the ooze trinket ( unless I'm missing something ). I don't understand all the talk about hunters, I had a ilvl 62 hunter and I couldn't solo a wet paper bag, he had godlike damage but couldn't take the hits. Skill issue most likely.

I'm currently playing a Monk, I love it. Being able to cast the amount of healing that i do in windwalker is so cool to me. I save lives.
Soloing on hunter requires the usage of Misdirection to transfer the aggro generated from your high damage output to your pet. The aggro generated should be enough to last till Misdirection comes up again.

For soloing dungeons you can try BM Hunter with a SINGLE Clefhoof
Talents for beginner gotta pick Wilderness Medicine, Misdirection and Aspect of the Beast.

Get your blue gears from BFA dungeons
then Solo WOD dungeons for epic gears

When soloing dungeons use your Pet's Agro, Ice Trap and FD wisely.

For range weapon I recommend
Trophy Gatherer from Gortok Palehoof
at Utgarde Pinnacle

Yeah def a skill issue. I never once thought to use misdirection on my pet, lol. Might give him another go then. Thanks!

There are many classes good for soloing, so you should also decide what kind of transmogs you love the most, Mail, Plate, Leather...
Hunters have the additional bonus of collecting cool pets aswell.

I struggled woth hunter as well, what I did was start to farm the first 2 bosses of auchindoun, those are easy and there’s only a small amount of trash mobs. after getting all those slots wf-ed (i think belt, neck, rings, chest maybe?), i am now able to farm slag mines, which will eventually get me to full wf (maybe i’ll need to go to docks for a second trinket, but all or all but one other slots are covered).
Two extra tips for hunters: pet autotaunt turns off when you enter an instance, ao you’ll need to turni it back on. Also, I noticed that my pet doesn’t taunt bosses even when taunt is autocast, so i macro’d pettaunt to my abilities to make sure i cast it on cd. Also, Misdirection helps a lot.

I may actually go Priest when all is said and done haha. Holy/Disc are two fun specs and when I'm bored I can just heal dungeons while holy nova spamming for people lol (BFA dungeons because Free account no time on it ever)

I may actually go Priest when all is said and done haha. Holy/Disc are two fun specs and when I'm bored I can just heal dungeons while holy nova spamming for people lol (BFA dungeons because Free account no time on it ever)
Holy is insanely easy mode
Shadow melts people out of existence

Users who are viewing this thread