New Logitech scroll wheel is great for flag returners

A work colleague recently got the Logitech MX Anywhere 3, which includes an "electromagnetic" scroll wheel that feels like it clicks/notches when moved a little bit, and scrolls freely when moved a lot. He received it yesterday, and I'll be daggone, that scroll wheel works as advertised.

Some mice (including from Logitech) have a sort of pushbutton clutch where you can change between notched scrolling and free scrolling, but I've never used a mouse that could effortlessly change between the two depending on scroll force (for lack of a better term).

While I wouldn't consider the MX Anywhere 3 nor the MX Master 3s gaming mice, if you use an everyday mouse to play WoW and scroll clicking is a niche you enjoy, these are worth a look. Hopefully Logitech and maybe other manufacturers spread this feature to more mice.

havent those infinite scroll mouses been around since forever?

anyways, i never had any issues scrolling on a normal mouse so idk ... its more about predicting where the flag will drop so you have your cursor at the right place anyways so COPIUM

Some mice (including from Logitech) have a sort of pushbutton clutch where you can change between notched scrolling and free scrolling, but I've never used a mouse that could effortlessly change between the two depending on scroll force (for lack of a better term).
I've used these clutch button mice before and loved them and one that operates similarly without the need for an extra press sounds excellent.

Reactions: Sil

Users who are viewing this thread