New Hunter Twink - BM or MM ??

Oh yeah I didn't even think about that. I guess it's more for swag than the 2-3 wpn dmg you'll get. Plus with the Incind nerfs I wonder if the older scopes are going to be better, and those are 151 max I think. The 136 scopes are like 13 dmg

a crit to me is a bonus

@Merlin but they are nice... ;)

pKXikhW.jpg

Single double-tap aimed shot in frostridge on the PTR, used elekk tusk and had an alch trinket agility proc. One cast, 20K. What's that, like 15k in BGs? Was playing around with zand troll Bwonsamdi racial... meh. Not impressed.

MM is looking good tho.

Merlin's very valid point is that he's getting 7500 guaranteed damage from that in a BG. Before consumables.

I never did get the second on-use trinket I was after on my 99, but I swear I was able to use both at once at 109 - but had trouble with stacking other trinkets at the same level. Might just be a bug soon to be fixed... maybe not.

You're right! Rings, necks, and trinkets don't matter right now either. Good call. Cloaks might not either...
Hi, all
Warglaive, thanks for the advice in the other thread. Brought me luck: got an epic wf neck on my first run.

Why do rings and necks not matter? Are the BiS chants for these NOT 136 limited? Or necks are not getting ilvl boost? Any listing of recommended enchants? I see the Nôk armory.

Cloaks? Which slots ARE at stake?

I made this 99 Hunter quite a while ago, and went BM. That artifact gun is useless, now, right?

The neck I got just now is: ilvl 136, 18 agi 28 stam 13 crit 11 haste
Blazefury Medallion: ilvl 136 28 stam 23 crit 39 vers (plus socket).
I have three ilvl141 necks, each with 28 stam but none with vers.
Which neck if I stay BM? MM?

Why do rings and necks not matter? Are the BiS chants for these NOT 136 limited?

As far as I know they are the later-game ones that have no level restriction. Like https://www.wowhead.com/item=128553/enchant-neck-mark-of-the-hidden-satyr

That artifact gun is useless, now, right?

Never useless, you never know what will change down the road, and there's an attack speed enchant that is supposed to have been or still is BiS for hunters. Gale force striking, I think? Incendiary just hits VERY hard... you can try others.

Which neck if I stay BM? MM?

I think BM is haste/mastery? I'm sorry, I really don't know... but like we established, you can always upgrade that.

My advice would be to equip each one, and see how it adjusts the abilities you use most by mousing over the ability. I'm personally going for as big damage as I can get on my MM so i'm focusing vers/mastery as those both increase damage. Everything plays a part tho, so you have to find what feels best to you. I give up reduced casting speed and global cooldowns for extra damage, which might not be the "best" decision... but i'm giving it a go.

Agility will be very powerful for you, so look to that first. Basically it looks that 1 agi = 2 vers for damage, generally.

Like if you put 10 stats on one chest, and +20 vers on an identical one, your damage will wind up about the same. But also remember that things like battle shout that increase your attack power will not increase your versatility.

Just play around with it, and don't worry so much about BiS… you're doing what you can with RNG. ;)

edit- and remember that your WoD stuff will be better after the patch, so don't decide without allowing for that.
[doublepost=1552239579,1552238808][/doublepost]
Which slots ARE at stake?

Sorry, I missed this...

shoulder
chest
bracer
gloves
belt
legs
feet

You don't necessarily HAVE to enchant WoD gear for all those tho, the 160 legion belt is great, and the shoulders, chest, gloves, belt and legs all have solid options from SoO. But SoO doesn't "end" this Tuesday morning... :)

Shoulder is greater tiger claw
Chests is glorious stats or whatever 20 vers is called.
Bracer is 13 agility (sorry I don't know them all by name)
Gloves is 15 agi or 17 AP, I think.
Belt is living steel buckle (don't forget about the 160 legion one tho, good with no buckle)
Legs is shadow leather armor, I think? +15/+4 if I recall.
Feet is blurred speed or minor speed if you want bonus speed (good idea, and minor speed stacks with almost anything)

There's some scopes for your weapons that you cant apply anymore, but im not sure any are worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread