Which is better Lvl 10/11 G.Druid or BM Monk

• 10 Druid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 Druid

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • 10 Monk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok So I'm going to start off by saying I literally just started two days ago...I'm just now getting into all this and I have a few questions. While scrolling through the forums I seen that alot of people prefer lvl 11 G.Druid is this over BM monk? or simply personal preference. Side question which is actually better lvl 10/11 G.Druid or BM monk?

My second question is when gearing I've run into 2 questions number 1, Scouts hood dropped at like ilvl 16 compared to my Helm of Anomalus ilvl 33 does ilvl actually matter or am I after the socket slots? (I am currently doing a BM monk)
My second question is everytime I kill the rare to get the staff in Draenor I get No loot regardless on if I'm in WOD chromie time or not Logging in and back out didn't change this and changing then changing back didn't either Is there a way I can fix this or is this normal and I'm just getting very unlucky?

Also please forgive me if I didn't post this in the right place...

Last edited:
Hi, first of all, welcome here! I'm no master at 10/11, but let me try to give answers, and maybe ppl more experienced can chime in and confirm or correct me.
1. If i remember well, as of 10.0.5., Gdruid has Swipe as baseline, so they have a spammable AoE now, which is huge. I'm not sure whether they are better than BMs, but they are defo there to compete.
2.1: ilvl matters, i'm not familiar with the exact numbers, but ilvl 33 definitely gives more stats than i16. If you are going for gem slots, I'd personally go for a 3slot headpiece that is dropped in a dungeon, beause they'll be ilvl33 as well with 3 slots, but the "meta" seems like WoD warforged (epic) drops now, I'm not sure gemslots can compare to the extremely high ilvl Wod drops has (i think for 10 it's ilvl59, but feel free to correct me).
2.2: Most WoD rares are 1shot, meaning they can only drop loot once. When it comes to weapons, your best bet definitely is an epic WoD dungeon weapon (i think Slagmines has a polearm, which is surely bis for dru, not sure whether you are better off with 2 onehanders as BM).

Hi, first of all, welcome here! I'm no master at 10/11, but let me try to give answers, and maybe ppl more experienced can chime in and confirm or correct me.
1. If i remember well, as of 10.0.5., Gdruid has Swipe as baseline, so they have a spammable AoE now, which is huge. I'm not sure whether they are better than BMs, but they are defo there to compete.
2.1: ilvl matters, i'm not familiar with the exact numbers, but ilvl 33 definitely gives more stats than i16. If you are going for gem slots, I'd personally go for a 3slot headpiece that is dropped in a dungeon, beause they'll be ilvl33 as well with 3 slots, but the "meta" seems like WoD warforged (epic) drops now, I'm not sure gemslots can compare to the extremely high ilvl Wod drops has (i think for 10 it's ilvl59, but feel free to correct me).
2.2: Most WoD rares are 1shot, meaning they can only drop loot once. When it comes to weapons, your best bet definitely is an epic WoD dungeon weapon (i think Slagmines has a polearm, which is surely bis for dru, not sure whether you are better off with 2 onehanders as BM).
I appreciate you taking the time to respond and thank you for the welcome I will for sure keep all the information you've given me in mind while continuing my journey!

I know 20s so take this all with a grain of slat for 10 but...

• WoD rares (that even proc epic ) are going to be lower ilvl then WoD Warforged so you don't need to mess with them.
  • Scout's Hood is a quest reward and falls under the low ilvl that WoD world rares have.
  • Things that will be the highest ilvl at epic are WoD Warforged, and all Dungeon quests that proc epic.
  • Here is a list of those https://www.wowhead.com/quests/max-req-level:20/type:81#0-5+12 but you really only care about the BC 3 socket ones https://www.wowhead.com/items/max-r...r=195:80:128:166;1:7:6:2;0:0:0:0#items;0+3+18 which looks like you can't even do at 10/11
  • From what I've heard 10 and 11 is the same ilvl of gear but don't quote me on that.
  • There is some weirdness I believe where a blue is more desirable (for lower ilvl enchanting purposes) but double check me.
  • Your big enchants that make a difference are going to be Elemental Force/Lifestealing/Crusader. If you can enchant a blue with those it might be something to consider.
  • Between Monk and Bear I think it's close enough you should pick what is more fun to play. Do you want to be a massive unkillable bear? Or do you want to spinning kick your way through?
  • 11 bear picks up Maul. Don't think its necessary but it's some chunk damage for sure.
  • 11 brew gets keg smash, again similar decision to bear.
  • You can use the talent calc to assess what abilities you will have/make decisions https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/druid/guardian

I know 20s so take this all with a grain of slat for 10 but...

• WoD rares (that even proc epic ) are going to be lower ilvl then WoD Warforged so you don't need to mess with them.
  • Scout's Hood is a quest reward and falls under the low ilvl that WoD world rares have.
  • Things that will be the highest ilvl at epic are WoD Warforged, and all Dungeon quests that proc epic.
  • Here is a list of those https://www.wowhead.com/quests/max-req-level:20/type:81#0-5+12 but you really only care about the BC 3 socket ones https://www.wowhead.com/items/max-r...r=195:80:128:166;1:7:6:2;0:0:0:0#items;0+3+18 which looks like you can't even do at 10/11
  • From what I've heard 10 and 11 is the same ilvl of gear but don't quote me on that.
  • There is some weirdness I believe where a blue is more desirable (for lower ilvl enchanting purposes) but double check me.
  • Your big enchants that make a difference are going to be Elemental Force/Lifestealing/Crusader. If you can enchant a blue with those it might be something to consider.
  • Between Monk and Bear I think it's close enough you should pick what is more fun to play. Do you want to be a massive unkillable bear? Or do you want to spinning kick your way through?
  • 11 bear picks up Maul. Don't think its necessary but it's some chunk damage for sure.
  • You can use the talent calc to assess what abilities you will have/make decisions https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/druid/guardian
I highly appreciate that and it did help me make me decision tysm!

tier list is there so you dont have to ask on a new thread.:) <3
[doublepost=1674764361,1674764265][/doublepost]the reason 10 druid isnt featured yet is to help avoid the cookie cut syndrome most twinks fall into
[doublepost=1674764413][/doublepost]it will be featured eventually
[doublepost=1674764681][/doublepost]some of info above is actually wrong. :)
[doublepost=1674764889][/doublepost]More valuable if we talk on the tier list thread about tier list stuff just saying...
[doublepost=1674765553][/doublepost]

there is no 3 socket helm from dungeons or rares. the quest 3 socket one is Scouts helm which is not good anymore. it's last seasons bis . That was from a quest in Zangarmarsh

DF prepatch gave us swipe. it replaced Moonfire. Now in 10.05 we have both swipe and Moonfire.
2hander is better for BM monk
[doublepost=1674765931][/doublepost]

monk and bear are night and day. Hence why monk is in A tier not S tier. 10.07 lightforged 10 MW will be moving into low S tier.

Last edited:
tier list is there so you dont have to ask on a new thread.:) <3
[doublepost=1674764361,1674764265][/doublepost]the reason 10 druid isnt featured yet is to help avoid the cookie cut syndrome most twinks fall into
[doublepost=1674764413][/doublepost]it will be featured eventually
[doublepost=1674764681][/doublepost]A lof of the info in this thread is actually wrong...so that doesnt make me much happy :)
[doublepost=1674764889][/doublepost]literally more valuable if we talk on the tier list thread about tier list stuff just saying...
[doublepost=1674765553][/doublepost]

there is no 3 socket helm from dungeons or rares. the quest 3 socket one is Scouts helm which is not good anymore. it's last seasons bis . That was from a quest in Zangarmarsh

DF prepatch gave us swipe. it replaced Moonfire. Now in 10.05 we have both swipe and Moonfire.
2hander is better for BM monk
[doublepost=1674765931][/doublepost]

monk and bear are night and day. Hence why monk is in A tier not S tier. 10.07 lightforged 10 MW will be moving into low S tier.
I'm going to kinda go down the list as I respond so if I'm all over the place my apologies

1. I read through the Tier list and the comments that followed and I'm not going to lie I ended up with more questions I'm going to assume its because I'm brand new to this scene being new to the scene I actually have 2 questions on that note, Is it frowned upon to do pvp while in twink setup? The 2nd is I seen someone selling how does that even work because dont group members get the debuff
2/3.Cookie cut syndrome? I enjoy druid more and was trying to find a little more in dept info on what gear and specific gems kinda like in the "10s quick start guide" but a little more specific because I'm going to be honest I don't know game engines like you guys do haha
4. What info was wrong just so i know and can have in my mind
5. thank you for the info on the helm
6.Glad to hear I will have more than spin2win lmfao
7. Night in day in a bad way? meaning bear is technically better?
Again please forgive me if this isnt the place to discuss it I will find and move my question to the correct sub fourms if needed
[doublepost=1674775728][/doublepost]My apologies I have just realized after future inspection of the tier list that 1,7 were answered in the links minus the pvp part

Cookie-cut is a phrase I and some other people have used to describe a player who bandwagons on a spec/class without knowing the entire court. (court vision: Knowing all players and positions on the game field at any given moment). OR when 1 spec is just broken overpowered and everyone plays that. 11 bear isn't cookie cut because it is 11 and not 10. Historically people flocked to 10 the past 2 xpacs for sub level 20 twinking. This was cookie cut because many of the toons would have done nearly double dps if they just moved 1 more level up. The armories on the site also didn't give room for an 11 cause they were 10s only. they didn't know about the 11 brackets gear. This caused a time sink fallacy in many hearts who eventually realized they wasted power. This still permeates into todays twinking culture. Thus I avoided posting 10 druid. I dont want people wasting their time gearing up a 10 bear to meet my 11 and regret months of farming. That being said if you WANT to play a spec and any level more power to you. The point of the tier list is to give an idea as to the affect your toon will have in a dungeon/boost environment.

ALSO going 10 for cloak and neck for the lower ilvl to enable enchants is a 200iq move if you plan on making an 11.
yes night and day 11 bear is in S tier and monk is in A tier. Above the tier list are times indicating the difference.
I responded to 4 in my previous comment.

didn't realize I neglected your pvp question, sorry about that. PVP is completely it's own thing. 20 was the hot spot but they took a big player count hit when it got shuffled into the 29s bracket. The purpose of twinking is pvp or pve. It is frowned upon to not be twinked out and attempt xp off pvp.
DO NOT PVP WITH ANYTHING ON THE TIER LIST you will get owned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread