Dismiss Notice
Hey Mr. Anonymous! Now you can post here as a guest without registering on the website! Enjoy ^.^

Updated New Badges & Updated User Progression

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Zeiren, Nov 18, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Zeiren

Zeiren z Administrator Skill Ratio

As many of you may have noticed by now, we’ve refurbished many of the badges, implemented new ones, and have added several new features to the website. Below is an updated overview of the different obtainable user groups we have on the forums along with their colored username and associated badge.

*Badges for Administrators, Moderators, Coordinators, and Founders have been replaced with user group banners.

Administrator: Given to administrators on the forum.

Moderator: Given to moderators on the forum.

Coordinator: Given to coordinators over a specific WoW bracket on the forums. The role has spread into a variety of positions, including Social Media Coordinator, Arena Ladder Coordinator, etc. This is a staff position, however they should not be mistaken for moderators. For more information on this role click here.

Founder: Given to community members who supported XPOFF in the very beginning and played a part in making it a reality. A member with this role possesses moderator capabilities if and only if they are listed as a staff member on the forums.

[​IMG] MVP: Rewarded to members who have made an impact on the community, either on the XPOFF forums and or in-game. This is voted on by the community every three months. For more information on this role click here.

[​IMG] Legend
    : Automatically rewarded to members who have been on the website (Twinkinfo and XPOFF) for 9 or more years and have posted at least 1000 messages. This badge replaces Grandfathered.

[​IMG] Grandfathered
    : Automatically rewarded to members who have been on the website (Twinkinfo and XPOFF) for 6 or more years. This badge replaces Veteran.

[​IMG] Veteran
    : Automatically rewarded to members who have been on the website (Twinkinfo and XPOFF) for 3 or more years.

[​IMG] Royal Member: Rewarded for donating $10 or more to any of our donation campaigns.

Member: Given to registered members on the forums.
    [​IMG] Blogger: Given to members of the community who on more than one occasion contributed with quality blogs. For more information on this role click here.

[​IMG] Guide Author: Given to members of the community who on more than one occasion contributed with quality guides.

[​IMG] Dedicated Streamer: Given to streamers that are dedicated to frequently streaming community related content and have been shown to have an impacting effect on the community as a whole (must have an XPOFF logo somewhere). For more information click here.

[​IMG] Streamer: Handed out to members that frequently stream community related content (must have an XPOFF logo somewhere). For more information click here.

[​IMG] Valued Tester: Given to members who test the WoW PTR and are devoted to consistently providing updates or advice prior to the release of a patch.

[​IMG] Tester: Handed out to members who test the WoW PTR and consistently provide any updates or advice prior to the release of a patch.

[​IMG] Music Lover: Be active within the 'Currently Listening To...' thread in the General Offtopic section.

[​IMG] Filmmaker: Handed out to content creators that frequently share community related content (must have an XPOFF logo somewhere).

[​IMG] Twink Cup Champion:
    Given to members who participated on the winning team in the WSG portion of the annual Twink Cup. The number in the middle represents the year in which it was won.

[​IMG] Twink Cup Arena Champion: Given to members who participated on the winning team in the arena portion of the annual Twink Cup. The number in the middle represents the year in which it was won.

[​IMG] Free to Play Arena Champion:
    Given to members who participated on the winning team in the annual free to play arena tournament. The number in the middle represents the year in which it was won. This badge has no username color.

[​IMG] Vindictive Gladiator
    :
    Given to members who placed in the top three of the XPOFF arena season. This badge has no username color.

Don't hesitate to leave a post in this thread if you have any questions regarding user progression on the website.

Keep an eye out for any future changes!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Iild

Iild biggest bock world bangers

am i blogger yet

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Laurasia

Laurasia Miss Kekki

We need a way to earn a pink username!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nocontest

Nocontest Member

HK Badge discussion again?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Devm

Devm Member

Good stuff

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. artonkn

artonkn add my skype bangers

ool
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 18, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 18, 2017 ---
    no

7. OP
    Zeiren

Knowing Conq, he will think of another new badge to add by the end of the year - so it's a possibility. =p

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Alex

Alex Best Gimp NA Administrator Amateur Esports Asso

neat i'll be one of the first legendaries

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    Zeiren

9 years... so long o:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Conq

Conq Karamazov Administrator Founder Amateur Esports Asso

Yeah I'm pretty excited, there are less than a handful of active users with it currently, i'll be getting mine in a little over a month ^.^

11. Holythane

Holythane Lewno

B leme get that sweet 100k.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nocontest

Nocontest Member

Don't think its in the cards, rather hand out badges for making accounts rather than making BGs pop.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Conq

Is that suppose to happen? Seems excessive but I genuinely don't recall if this was previously mentioned, there are better ways to encourage users to sign up than giving everyone a badge by default.

I'm not against HK badges for 100k and 250k.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nocontest

Nocontest Member

I get that. Its just annoying that there was a thread with close to 75%(I think) community voting in favor of a 100k and 250k, or just a 250k badge and nothing was implemented. The thread was locked and I'm guessing deleted. Again i would like to press this in favor of the twink BGer, support all aspects of twinking, even if its just 1 badge.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sketchbag

Sketchbag OVOXO Moderator

I think a badge for those with 100k and 250k Honorable Kills feels consistent with the badges we currently offer. We can justify other badges existing, so why not add this kind of reward with the others currently available?

This isn't the first time it's been discussed. It keeps coming up. Let's not miss or waste another opportunity to reward those characters with HK milestones. Arena badges are in place, so why not the other PvP activities too?!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Conq

I agree, users should be rewarded for dedication to the play style.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Zelpher

Zelpher Chi,Raq TeT

More or less what Noco might be trying to say is, award people with a badge that showed that person caused Blizzard to fly all the top ranked Arena players out to their HQs and find out why player participation was up the most in BGs instead of Arenas/RBGs. And who made Blizzard change the whole PvP system into iPvP. Also the reason they separated the brackets in WotLK too. ; )

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    Zeiren

Another badge has been added! I present to you the 'Music Lover'. It's been assigned the pink user color in honor of @Laurasia. She's not only brought music to the community for years, but was previously a part of the staff team. Here's to you!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sketchbag

Sketchbag OVOXO Moderator

OMG EPIC i dig this times infinity!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Purj

Purj The Last Alliance Twink

I'm like a year behind you. But I was a bad boy and my first account was banned. I think my 2nd, 3rd and 4th may have been as well. Good shit.