EU+US Negative Dmg Multiplier

DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
I was curious while talking with a long time WoW buddy about the Damage reduction Blizz just added to 1-20's if the hidden reason behind doing so was an attempt to force F2P's into buying the game? With this change hitting 20's but NOT 29's (same BG Bracket obv) that means 29's will do full damage while 20's will be gimped (while 10-19's will all be gimped, making it fairly equal in that bracket). Seems like a pretty shitty thing for Blizz to do, then use the guise that they are doing it so that 1-20 Leveling was more in line with higher levels. Call me a tin foil hatter, but I never underestimate the stupidity and underhandedness of Blizzard or other Game Companies.

I was curious while talking with a long time WoW buddy about the Damage reduction Blizz just added to 1-20's if the hidden reason behind doing so was an attempt to force F2P's into buying the game? With this change hitting 20's but NOT 29's (same BG Bracket obv) that means 29's will do full damage while 20's will be gimped (while 10-19's will all be gimped, making it fairly equal in that bracket). Seems like a pretty shitty thing for Blizz to do, then use the guise that they are doing it so that 1-20 Leveling was more in line with higher levels. Call me a tin foil hatter, but I never underestimate the stupidity and underhandedness of Blizzard or other Game Companies.
nah man, they apply to lvl 1-40

It's not aimed at pvp at all. It has to do with the promotion for the warcraft movie, where a lot of the theaters are giving a free month of wow to new subscribers. They're expecting a bunch of people to try wow for the first time in the next couple months.

But the leveling experience pretty much sucks terribly because they've spent ten years screwing with xp, damage scaling, and spell/talent order. Those changes have always been aimed at max-level PvP or PvE, with no concern paid to the effects of their changes on leveling. As such, the leveling process is basically boring and broken af with heirloom heroes two-shotting mobs, classes missing core abilities (spriests from 10-24, for example), players outleveling zones before they're halfway through, lowbie dungeons leveling you up 3 times in 15 minutes, and so on. The changes to melee scaling are just a part of a larger set of changes that also messes with xp and world mob health. It's all just a last-second attempt at damage control toward the worst problems in the leveling process right before the movie brings a big surge of new players, so they don't just have a terrible first impression and quit immediately.

Of course these changes it will totally still affect lowbie pvp, but none of it was designed with twinks in mind at all. Which of course is the attitude that created this mess in the first place. Assuming this is a twink-related nerf just makes the mistake of thinking Blizzard even pays attention to us.

Sidenote - What they should have done was kept like a third of the Cataclysm revamp team around as a permanent fixture, fixing a zone or two every patch and keeping an eye on the leveling process as things go. But that would involve spending money on something other than max-level content, which is not something Blizzard has shown any willingness to do.

i logged my f2p rogue today, shows x 74% dmg out of stealth, x 81 %. could not kill a level 18 unenchanted shadow priest wearing 9 BOAs and minor greens in remaining slots. without versatility enchants are really gimped

blizz has been doing de-homogenization of other classes, druids need it too. my f2p feral druid is shows a % nerf and 142 agility in cat form, my res druid druid goes to cat form has no nerf and has 183 agi due to the hidden passive that converts 140% int to agi. it's able to do some serious damage with it's two attacks almost to the point of negating the extra abilities a feral has and any reason for playing feral other then for the stealth level and opening stun.

guess i'm done till legion to check out the COD, overwatch, FPS template format.

Users who are viewing this thread