EU+US NEED IDEAS: Custom Achievements

Dreams

fastest shadowstep in the west
Hey!
Healium is working on creating a custom armory site for level 70 twinks. The purpose of this site would be pretty much the same as the regular wow armory except it would contain more relevant information to twinks.

It also opens up the possibility of custom community-made achievements. They could be a great way to incentivize different kinds of gameplay.

Please post any ideas you have with as much detail as possible. All ideas will be entered into a public vote later to decide which ones make the cut.

I'll just tag some community members here:
@Blackberryy @Sharkz @Harry @odyne @Semiprolol @Remique @Fx @Gucciyo @Raz @discodog @Zoke @Dooniqht @trustjames @Tás @tomxoqt @villiansv @jwl @Shinela @Tirionjr

Arenarating is a cool idea for sure for the pvpers.
To bring PvE up again add something like speedruns in dungeons / raids as a guild group.
(https://legacyplayers.com/Raids/Speedrun/) an example how it looks on private servers.
But also achievements for clear speeds with a maximum of like 10 people. just be creative.
Then there could be the possibility to show that something is grandfathered so people arent asking anymore how do i get this or how do i get that.
I personally would like to see something arround PVP and PVE. And i think both brings back some old people maybe if there is something like a challenge.

Then there could be the possibility to show that something is grandfathered so people arent asking anymore how do i get this or how do i get that.
Yes this would be a great feature for the armory. It's really annoying you can't see names of enchants on the real armory anymore

all of the above, maybe bg rating too? to make it more than just farming lvlers for 15 mins

also how about exalted reps/proffs etc, things that show you've spent time working on your 70 rather than just dinging, running swp once a week and logging off

A sort of Mythic + system for dungeons and or raids, i,e each week is a different instance and we compare times etc, 1 death is minus time etc. I'll add details a bit later just brainstorming atm. But another thing would be to emphisize character wide achievements that have become account bound, and make sure some of those are at the forfront, like mount collections, pet collections per character etc.

I would like to thank Dreams for the thread :).
Let your creativity out (of course meaningful and trackable ideas), Achievement Names, Titles, Rewards and Achievement Categories can be invented as well. It would be best if your Achievement ideas are structured as follows:

Category:
Name:
Description:
Reward: None (or if theres is one just: ---> Reward: Silver Medallion (Could be for example a silver frame for Season 1 in the character page, here's another example that will set no limits to your ideas and wishes!)

To give an example.
Category: Player versus Player
Name: Call to Arms: Season 1
Description: Win 50 Battlegrounds in Season 1
Reward: Silver Medallion (Could be for example a silver frame for Season 1 in the character page, here's another example that will set no limits to your ideas and wishes!)

The rewards can also be addressed (as soon as they are technically feasible and visible on the website).

I will now show you some ideas of mine, and maybe they will help you :).

My ideas:

Category: Player vs Player
Name: Call to Arms: Season 1 {{Seasonname}} (Season name slot like Dreadful .... can be decided by the community)
Description: Win 25 Battlegrounds in Season 1
Reward: White Frame (WhiteFrame around Season 1 Circle in the characters page)

Name: Call to Arms: Season 1 II {{Seasonname}} (Season name slot like Dreadful .... can be decided by the community)
Description: Win 50 Battlegrounds in Season 1
Reward: Silver Frame (BlueFrame around Season 1 Circle in the characters page)

Name: Call to Arms: Season 1 III {{Seasonname}} (Season name slot like Dreadful .... can be decided by the community)
Description: Win 100 Battlegrounds in Season 1
Reward: Blue Frame (BlueFrame around Season 1 Circle in the characters page)

Name: Call to Arms: Season 1 IV {{Seasonname}} (Season name slot like Dreadful .... can be decided by the community)
Description: Win 150 Battlegrounds in Season 1
Reward: Golden Frame (Golden Frame around Season 1 Circle in the characters page)

Name: Master of Warsong Gulch
Description: Complete 100 victories in Warsong Gulch
Title Reward: Master of Warsong Gulch

Name: Private Season 1 {{Seasonname}} (Season name slot like Dreadful .... can be decided by the community)
Description: Win 25 Battlegrounds in Season 1 {{Seasonname}}
Title Reward: Private (Temporary title for one season!)

There are many more achievements I would like to present to you but for the time being I leave the stage to you :).

The following must be observed in advance! Achievements are character-specific and fraction-specific. Likewise, all ladder will have both an alliance ladder and a horde to have fairness in the BGS. Also, R1 Titles will have max fixed spots. So both the Horde and the Alliance can battlle among themselves.
[doublepost=1544899827,1544898119][/doublepost]P.s here a good source for achievement icons
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/WoWWiki:WoW_Icons/Icon_List/Images only these icons from this site will be used

I know this was tried before but really liked it, such a shame it never stayed around atleast to my knowledge, was a thread but couldnt find it, i just sucked at it haha.

Category: PvE
Name: Timed solo dungeons
Description: we record ourselves soloing dungeons, timer starts when you enter the instance and ends when the last boss dies (all bosses must die) any editing equals disqualification
Reward: bragging rights and fun

Challenge Modes (Times Dungeons) were always in my mind. But they aren't easy to manage. Ofc we can let everyone capture and upload a video. But I'm thinking about a smarter solution , where veryone without good stream pc and without much effort can register him and his group for a dungeon.

2f6f82616c6c4c0eaa4202c1b1b5145e.jpg

b17227e1ad1f4bc2983da72994a7f28e.jpg

303ce89e3bc043f1b051556760b3c5e0.jpg

Hot, Hotter and Hottest streak. "win 10 'RBG' matches above x, y and z rating in a row."

Caveman. "Get 20 kills in a bg without dying while under x ilvl".

Yoink! "Repick 3 flags in a single wsg/twin peaks off a dying carrier before the flag is returned by the opposite faction".

Silence! You imbecile... "Interrupt the same target 5 times or more in a single battleground".

The hunter becomes the hunted. "Get payback (kill) on a player that got 3 killing blows or more on you without you having killed him/her in between".

The arch rival. "Get the killing blow 3 times or more on the same target in a single battleground".

Trust me, I'm an engineer! "CC 2 or more targets with a single grenade or tinker from the engineering profession".

Tea time! "Target and T-bag a dead enemy who has yet to release his/her corpse".

Drunken ...Hic! Fists! "Win a battleground while drunk".

Steve irwinging it! "/Pet all the different, unfriendly mana ray creatures known to World of Warcraft without dying to any of them".

Most of these will not be trackable unless integrated with some sort of addon.

Hot, Hotter and Hottest streak. "win 10 'RBG' matches above x, y and z rating in a row."

Caveman. "Get 20 kills in a bg without dying while under x ilvl".

Yoink! "Repick 3 flags in a single wsg/twin peaks off a dying carrier before the flag is returned by the opposite faction".

Silence! You imbecile... "Interrupt the same target 5 times or more in a single battleground".

The hunter becomes the hunted. "Get payback (kill) on a player that got 3 killing blows or more on you without you having killed him/her in between".

The arch rival. "Get the killing blow 3 times or more on the same target in a single battleground".

Trust me, I'm an engineer! "CC 2 or more targets with a single grenade or tinker from the engineering profession".

Tea time! "Target and T-bag a dead enemy who has yet to release his/her corpse".

Drunken ...Hic! Fists! "Win a battleground while drunk".

Steve irwinging it! "/Pet all the different, unfriendly mana ray creatures known to World of Warcraft without dying to any of them".

Most of these will not be trackable unless integrated with some sort of addon.

Cool ideas but like u said its untrackable without addon :D

Challenge Modes (Times Dungeons) were always in my mind. But they aren't easy to manage. Ofc we can let everyone capture and upload a video. But I'm thinking about a smarter solution , where veryone without good stream pc and without much effort can register him and his group for a dungeon.
Well most comps that can run wow should be able to handle obs, i have a crappy laptop and ran it fine,l just need to turn graphics down lower.
Anyway i get what you mean, to have someone organising and keeping track and watching the videos to ensure noone cheats is a hell of a lot of work, wouldnt expect anyone to do it without being paid haha.
Its hard to find achievements without addons to track them or video based submissions to track them but again alot of work

Users who are viewing this thread