EU+US Need help with my lock

rekt

Legend
I'm not fully geared, however i cant seem to figure out the rotation on affliction warlocks.
I spam my dots but cant seem to do well on damage.

Wondering if there is a guide out there or video

Sorry for being a pleb

I'm not fully geared, however i cant seem to figure out the rotation on affliction warlocks.
I spam my dots but cant seem to do well on damage.

Wondering if there is a guide out there or video

Sorry for being a pleb
Hey man, fellow affliction lock here. My first max level character was a lock and I mainly play locks on the rare occasion that I do play in this bracket. Destro is miles ahead as far as viability goes in this bracket, but if you're going to stick with affliction a few things you should know are as follows:

1. Unstable Affliction has priority over Corruption. The reasons for this are A) It does more dmg B)If a healer dispels it they get silenced. It's great to get UA up on as many targets as possible while you peel for your heals with fear and really pressure the enemy heals if you have another multi-dot oriented class with you like a boomkin/Spriest/enhancement shammy spreading flame shock with lava-lash etc.
2. Shadow Bolt is shit. The cast time is too long to warrant ever really using it. The exception to this is if you've got a crazy amount of haste via enchants etc.
3. I recommend using drain life paired with the siphon life talent so that you can have a strong filler in between managing your dots/fearing. When you cast drain life don't just press the button once and let it drain; spam the key you have drain life bound to and this will result in more dmg. The exceptions are when you know your target is about to LoS you or run out of range of you (you could just spam corruption while you chase in this scenario if you have ele force)

It's worth noting that if you have enough int/haste you might could go with dark regen for extra survivability, but you're still going to die all the time in Pugs.

4. Be a masochist. If you're staying locked at 20 life is shit unless you've got the squad with you to protect you a little bit(you'll still probably die)

5. If you're going to make a 29 lock things get a helluva lot better. Use drain soul instead of shadow bolt or drain life. UA still has priority over corruption and put seed of corruption (my favorite part about affliction)up on multiple targets in any aoe situation while keeping UA up.

Users who are viewing this thread